• 50(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
What controllers work best for android? Google Play Games?

Thanks!
(2015-12-19, 04:24)wesk05 Wrote:
(2015-12-19, 02:43)theo point-o Wrote: i've only tested 5 android boxes but they all output an RGB signal which is for computer, phones etc.

YCbCr is needed for tv's but none of these devices including the Shield do it.

The SHIELD does YCbCr 4:2:0 for 4K 50/60Hz, but not for 1080p or 4K 23.976Hz. Amlogic devices output YCbCr 4:4:4.
Yes definitely YCbCr 4:4:4 for AMlogic, that has been confirmed by a few of us now.

(2015-12-19, 04:44)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes definitely YCbCr 4:4:4 for AMlogic, that has been confirmed by a few of us now.
That is the only mode for S8xx. For S905, it is YCbCr 4:2:0 for 50/60Hz and 4:4:4 for other resolutions.
@Koying
in case adding a sysfs node like this:
Code:
root@wetekcore:/data # cat /sys/devices/platform/aml_pm_m8/device              
WeTek Core

and checking in Kodi if it's running on Core and in case using 1080p23hz instead of 1080p24hz can be consider a valid option?
Not really, unfortunately. Device-specific hacks in Kodi is definitely not the way-to-go anymore.
It's a maintenance nightmare.
Got it, so we are stuck, I can't think of any other way, unless someone that has other S812 devices can try the modified apk and see if it works there or if it's harmless. I have any other device to try
How do I connect my phone to the TV for use in games like Beach Buggy Racing? I tried the android TV app, but nothing. Does this device not register as an Android TV device?

Also, anyone got the "Cast Screen" feature to work?
Does the price of the Core fluctuate or has there been a price drop? When I looked at their site yesterday I was sure that it was €120 inc. delivery, today it is showing €98.35.
I've now watched two 23.976 movies (1:1 BD rips) from start to finish w/the latest WeTek Kodi APK and zero drops, skips, micro speed-ups or anything like that. Perfect playback.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Yes the recent 23.976fps fix has nailed the syncing problems.

Setting the Core's CPU Governor to Interactive as well has markedly increased the whole Android and Kodi GUI fluidity.
Such a nice and simple tweak Smile

CPU Interactive Governor HERE

So, the Core doesn't have a system level refresh rate switcher as seen in the Minix X8 series? I did try the modified Kodi apk on my X8-H Plus and I got a "no signal". Both X8-H and X8-H plus have Dolby Digital and DTS-HD decoders. Looks like Minix has a different kernel.
There is a system level refresh rate switcher. The Core seems to be running a more recent Android AMLogic supplied Kernel than others.

And because of this the Kodi code to signal the Kernel to switch on Frame Rate Automation (23.976fps sync) is different from all others. It was outputting 23.976fps video at 24Hz before the code tweak.

OpenELEC on the Core still uses the common AMLogic Linux Kernel and no Kodi tweaks are needed.
I did not realise there are different Kernels versions between Android and Linux / OpenELEC. Possibly something to do with DRM as well on the Android side of things with the Core.

You may see other S812 providers running into problems on Android as well if they do a Firmware upgrade that packages this updated Android AMLogic Kernel down the track.

(2015-12-20, 05:10)wrxtasy Wrote: There is a system level refresh rate switcher. The Core seems to be running a more recent Android AMLogic supplied Kernel than others.

And because of this the Kodi code to signal the Kernel to switch on Frame Rate Automation (23.976fps sync) is different from all others. It was outputting 23.976fps video at 24Hz before the code tweak.

OpenELEC on the Core still uses the common AMLogic Linux Kernel and no Kodi tweaks are needed.
I did not realise there are different Kernels versions between Android and Linux / OpenELEC. Possibly something to do with DRM as well on the Android side of things with the Core.

You may see other S812 providers running into problems on Android as well if they do a Firmware upgrade that packages this updated Android AMLogic Kernel down the track.
I see. On Minix forum, they recommend to turn off Kodi Dynamic refresh rate and only enable the "self adaption" that is present in the firmware. I only have the system level one enabled and have not checked the output to see whether the one that Kodi switches is different from the system level one. May be it is, I have seen some users report stutter, but those complaints were sort of ignored.

Scratch all that. I forgot that Minix runs KitKat!
(2015-12-20, 06:05)wesk05 Wrote: Scratch all that. I forgot that Minix runs KitKat!

Well, that's what I recommended, here, too. The U1 is lollipop and doesn't even have the permission enabled for Kodi switching.
Both the Kodi one and the aml do the same thing (normally). Enabling both doesn't make sense.
The aml framerate automation is "just" a timing adjustment according to the resolution that is in use, it's not a background daemon that constantly polls the /sys/class/video/fps_info file and tries to set the matching resolution.

There is no such thing as you are saying, in fact I have added a refresh rate switcher that is configured per app (when you run the app, Netflix for example, it switches to 24p while launching it, when you quit the application you return to the original resolution).
Parsing fps_info would not be a great solution because some times reports false values.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4