• 52(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
I don´w want any flame agaisnt anyone and any device. I´m only say that I FEEL. I purchased BOTH devices, and FOR ME, the level of satisfaction is BETTER with the Minix.

With the Core I get FOUR complete hangs when tried to play a simple movie. FOUR. Yes, they fixed the early problems and now runs good. But the angry comes when try to play 23.976FPS files and discover that there is drops. Not all will notice these drops, but the patch to the Kodi confirm that THERE IS A PROBLEM. Two weeks fighting with all these problems will originate the Minix purchase. In fact, I buy the Minix as a desperate movement, the same day that Wetek release a patched Kodi to allow to play smoooth 23.976FPS files.

So I will compare BOTH, and BOTH are very good, both have strongs and weak points, but FOR ME, the feelings with the Minix are WAY BETTER. It boot directly to the launcher (don´t bother me with annoying menus and the TRAP of the accept screen of the Google Account). The icons of the launcher are better to my eye are more pleasant to see, more beautiful, simple but elegant, not the spartan look of the Core with these four ugly boxes.

But more important, the Wifi access. As I use a lot the Wifi to test files to not to copy over USB, a strong device is needed. I have a Asus RT-AC87U, one of the BEST routers. My LG G3 mobile phone can download at 200mb/sec in the place where are both the Core and the Minix. Well, the core only download 15mb/sec (5ghz "n") where the Minix boost to 170mb/sec (5ghz "ac"). Even using the 2.4Ghz mode the Minix is better that the Core.

Also, the remotes that come with the Minix (one with keyboard in one side and normal buttons in other) is way better.

Even the formats supported are better. Files that the Core cannot play, even the FireTV2, the Minix can play it!.

Yes, The Minix don´t have Netflix 1080P, but I watch Netflix in my OLED LG TV what have one of the best Netflix implementation out there, with any judder, and FullHD Quality and 5.1 sound. So I don´t need it.

Please, dont´take this as a flame against the Core. I have the TWO devices and tested it with the same HDMI cables, AV Equipment, files, procedures and so on. And these are MY feelings.

The quality perceived seeing both devices is more in the Minix. And so on. I repeat, i don´t want to flame agains Core, I waited for it a lot of months, and after these issues and alot of headaches, I force to move to another solution.
I think also, from an objective point of view, there are some specific features that the Wetek Core offers that the Minix U1 does not, and conversely there are some specific features that the Minix U1 offers that the Wetek Core does not.

It seems clear that both boxes will do normal Kodi use perfectly satisfactorly for most users.

However these other specific features are very important to how a user will utilise their box. So examine carefully the relevant features of each box and chose the right one for your needs.

Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2015-12-22, 09:47)actpower Wrote: But the angry comes when try to play 2.976FPS files and discover that there is drops.
2.975FPS? Smoooth...
We are prepairing new OTA with changes at Kernel level, so there is no need to make any changes at Kodi regarding 1080p23hz.
You should had bought minix when it was launched hahaha

It would be the best experience of all time!!!

Believe me... and they released another update yesterday to fix some other things... so...

Use the stock rom like you did on core to compare...
that's the most fair comparsion...

I've tried the BBB on 4k60 and crashes like hell...
and they advertise H.265 support is up to 4K @ 60fps

On their native player works... but i want it on kodi... or i have to say xbmc...

Netflix at 480/720p?

No OpenELEC?

But this is my opinion
Yesterday I can Play H265 4K 60p .ts file, don´t know more. There is a lot of type of sub-files, and at this time the lack of 4K60P is not important, almost ZERO films will come in 60P, trust me.

I don´t use OpenElec, and I have a OLED TV that offers the best Netflix experience that I can dream.

I need only Kodi and robust Wifi.
(2015-12-22, 13:45)TheGreatDark Wrote: I've tried the BBB on 4k60 and crashes like hell...

Where did you get BBB in 4K@60 h265
I find http://bbb3d.renderfarming.net/download.html , but it's h264 (which really, really is just for fun Wink )
(2015-12-22, 14:30)Koying Wrote:
(2015-12-22, 13:45)TheGreatDark Wrote: I've tried the BBB on 4k60 and crashes like hell...

Where did you get BBB in 4K@60 h265
I find http://bbb3d.renderfarming.net/download.html , but it's h264 (which really, really is just for fun Wink )

http://www.libde265.org/downloads-videos...uck-bunny3
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

On their native player works... but i want it on kodi... or i have to say xbmc...

Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Sorry, my mistake

It seems nobody ever made a mistake on their life...

I've meant H.264 support is up to 4K @ 30fps.

But after a factory reset its working normally
System corrupted?
(2015-12-22, 14:13)actpower Wrote: I need only Kodi and robust Wifi.
You really did pick the wrong device for your specific needs in the first place then. As I have outlined in my previous posts regarding WiFi Antennas and reception sensitivity.
A lot of us use Ethernet as we don't want to put up with WiFi at all when it comes to media streaming and problems that can occur.

Yes different boxes, different needs for different users.

Hello,
I have a simple questions: is Wetek Core for me? and do I have to buy anything else?
I`m an older man and I just want to use Kodi on my five years old Sony TV.

I bought an Android from China a months ago with Kodi uploaded and wi-fi. It was working perfect four days and then - death! 60 € lost!
(2015-12-22, 17:27)astrolog Wrote: Hello,
I have a simple questions: is Wetek Core for me? and do I have to buy anything else?

I bought an Android from China a months ago with Kodi uploaded and wi-fi. It was working perfect four days and then - death! 60 € lost!
Hi, firstly does this apply to your home Network ?
Quote:I will say one thing and that is if you are relying on WiFi and the signal strength in your house is not the best, ANY device with an external 5Ghz WiFi antenna is better in that situation than one using an internal antenna.
People need to be aware of their exact networking needs before purchase.

Hello,

Yes, I think it does. I intend to connect Wetek Core and modem with UTP cabel and then Wetek with TV by HDMI.
Core is the right choice to you

(2015-12-22, 19:50)astrolog Wrote: Hello,

Yes, I think it does. I intend to connect Wetek Core and modem with UTP cabel and then Wetek with TV by HDMI.
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4