• 53(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
Latinbull,
thank you.
(2015-12-22, 19:50)astrolog Wrote: Hello,
I have a simple questions: is Wetek Core for me? and do I have to buy anything else?
I`m an older man and I just want to use Kodi on my five years old Sony TV.

Quote:Hi, firstly does this apply to your home Network ?

Yes, I think it does. I intend to connect Wetek Core and modem with UTP cabel and then Wetek with TV by HDMI.
You will be perfectly fine. Yes direct connection to the Core from the modem with a Ethernet cable is the way to go. It will be all plug N play.

You will find an excellent support forum for the WeTek Core as well, staffed by a friendly, happy bunch of guys.

The one thing I would recommend to anyone purchasing a Core, is to also have a microSDHC card available for the first Over The Air Firmware update. It does not matter what Size, Speed or Brand, any cheapie will do. This just makes life a lot easier for the very first Firmware update.

We are happy to announce that we start with seeding new OTA for WeTek Core

WeTek OS v1.0.1

* New bootloader fixes ethernet MAC address forwarding in OpenELEC.
This new bootloader requires a reset of U-Boot environment variables.
The OTA should do it automatically but, in case it fails to perform this task, you will see a message: "Clearing U-Boot env at next boot" once the WeTek boots to Android. If at the next boot, the WeTek goes to recovery mode, please don't worry, just press "Reboot Now" on the already highlighted reboot entry to go back to Android/OpenELEC.
* WeUpdate does not need a MicroSD card anymore for OTA updates.
* WeTek Launcher can start automatically an application at boot.
* Fixed only audio no video in HRTi app
* Changed default governor to ondemand.
* Kernel fix for playing 23.976fps videos smoothly with stock Kodi and not only using our modified version.
* Other fixes in Android and Kernel
Just for clarification for everyone...especially OpenELEC users.

This new Firmware / Bootloader update has to be done OTA in Android Lollipop to fix the problems some OpenELEC users are having with MAC address forwarding when using OpenELEC itself.

OpenELEC will then work properly (we hope) upon insertion of the OpenELEC microSDHC card and rebooting the Core again.
This will save a whole bunch of re-compiling on my part, thank goodness Smile

Good work guys. Happy holidays.
awesome thanks, the people that downloaded your modified kodi, do you recommend re-downloading the play store one now to continue to receive updates?
Yes, unless they wanna keep using the other modifications that such apk includes that are:
- hw accelerated divx/xvid playback
- if you put the device to sleep while Kodi is playing, it will stop playback so the device will go to sleep
- some other minor cosmetic things

I will keep using my build because of the second point mainly (I'm used to just turn off the device even if it's playing since I use it for LiveTV as well) so when each stable build is released I will update it.

If you uninstall it remember to take a backup of the settings and restore them after replacing Kodi with the original one so you don't have to re-configure it from scratch
That was not my Kodi but WeTek's version. They have now gotten to the bottom of the 24p sync problem.

If the WeTek version of Kodi is not overwritten when you do an OTA Firmware update you will have to un-install it to install the official one.
The Kodi official version is dated on the SysInfo screen around the 20th October, the WeTek one about 20th December.

If the official Kodi one is there it should Auto-update to Kodi Jarvis in the future.
I just installed Jarvis Beta5 anyway and it runs well, especially when you give the CPU Governor a little boost, its all safe and works nicely indeed !
http://wetekforums.com/vb5/forum/wetek-c...#post23662

(2015-12-24, 11:56)ChristianTroy Wrote: - if you put the device to sleep while Kodi is playing, it will stop playback so the device will go to sleep

Is it hacky? Otherwise, it makes much sense to include in Kodi...
Whilst we are on the subject of includes Koying, is it possible please to mainline this into Jarvis ?

https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...sers.patch

No, it just uses an IntentFilter for listening to Intent.ACTION_SCREEN_OFF events (obviously this will work only if Kodi is the foreground app because only system apps can listen for that broadcast when they are in the background): https://github.com/christiantroy/xbmc/co...53302d1f2f

I also use this to send stop instead of pause because when using HTSP client, for example, it will trigger the timeshift: https://github.com/christiantroy/xbmc/co...f23407382e
I actually like a HTSP client playing Digital Music thru TvHeadend for example in the background of the Android OS whilst browsing the Web. Each unto their own I guess.

(2015-12-24, 11:56)ChristianTroy Wrote: Yes, unless they wanna keep using the other modifications that such apk includes that are:
- hw accelerated divx/xvid playback
- if you put the device to sleep while Kodi is playing, it will stop playback so the device will go to sleep
- some other minor cosmetic things

I will keep using my build because of the second point mainly (I'm used to just turn off the device even if it's playing since I use it for LiveTV as well) so when each stable build is released I will update it.

If you uninstall it remember to take a backup of the settings and restore them after replacing Kodi with the original one so you don't have to re-configure it from scratch

ah didnt know it included that also, i will keep this version then.
Thanks
Merry christmas!
Nice work Christian Troy!
Is possible make a android 6.0 version?
This is a question for WeTek forum, can you post it there please?
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4