• 54(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2015-12-24, 12:11)ChristianTroy Wrote: No, it just uses an IntentFilter for listening to Intent.ACTION_SCREEN_OFF events (obviously this will work only if Kodi is the foreground app because only system apps can listen for that broadcast when they are in the background): https://github.com/christiantroy/xbmc/co...53302d1f2f
This also triggers every time daydream kicks off, which is imo not good Sad
Usually, I pause for various reasons, and I like to see daydream but then be able to unpause...
When Kodi is playing in the foreground daydream does not kick in.
Well, daydream kick in when the video is paused, that's what I meant.

The issue is that that the device won't go to sleep if a video is paused (even if daydream kicked in), right?
I'll test on other devices to see if it's specific to the core...
Im currently using a Revo L80 with an Intel Celeron 1007U cpu with openelec kodi.
I was thinking of getting the Core so i could have all my apps in one basket,netflix,plex,kodi.
Would the Core be a better option or a downgrade from current setup ?
It should go to sleep if Kodi releases the audio stream when paused, that wake lock (AudioMix) is the one keeping it alive.
(2015-12-27, 13:57)silverblack Wrote: Im currently using a Revo L80 with an Intel Celeron 1007U cpu with openelec kodi.
I was thinking of getting the Core so i could have all my apps in one basket,netflix,plex,kodi.
Would the Core be a better option or a downgrade from current setup ?

Hi silverblack,

Core can offer both, Android and OpenELEC. You can boot OpenELEC from MicroSD card, and in same time keep Android in flash. Core is shipped with Android 5.1.1 and there You can as well run Kodi but also android apps you mentioned.

Core is capable to play H265 8-bit media as well, and it support 4K@30.
Would suggest a clarification here : "Not supported as you need a HDCP 2.2 connector"

I think you mean "connection" not "connector". The connector for HDMI 2.0 and 1.4 (whether it carries HDCP 1.x or 2.x or not) is the same. It's the protocol supported over this connector, i.e. the connection, that needs to be HDCP 2.2 for Netflix UHD content to be carried AIUI. (nVidia Shield is the only real Kodi platform with HDCP 2.2 and Netflix UHD support I think?)
I knew your eagle eye would pick up my grammatical errors ! Wink

Thanks. Yes HDCP 2.2 connection is what I meant to type.
The AMLogic S905 also the supports HDCP 2.2, but of course you also need all the DRM ancillaries and certifications to go with that for Netflix UHD which no one currently has on that SoC.

do you guys have any experience with Kodi's smoothness if WeteK core is connected thru a game console (xbox one in my case). All my TV's HDMI ports are used up so i would need to connect WeTek (planning to buy one) to my Xbox one...would you think this would cause a delay/stutter while streaming Kodi?
(2015-12-28, 19:54)XperImenT Wrote: All my TV's HDMI ports are used up so i would need to connect WeTek to my Xbox one...
I bet not many have this setup Wink
Guaranteed headaches if you ask me...

Better buy an HDMI switch (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1...dmi+switch).
(2015-12-28, 20:16)Koying Wrote:
(2015-12-28, 19:54)XperImenT Wrote: All my TV's HDMI ports are used up so i would need to connect WeTek to my Xbox one...
I bet not many have this setup Wink
Guaranteed headaches if you ask me...

Better buy an HDMI switch (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1...dmi+switch).

Yeah that could be a good idea..the switchers seem inexpensive enough, Thanks!. I'll give it a shot through Xbox one first just out of my own curiosity and go with switchers if it turns out to be dud.
(2015-12-28, 19:54)XperImenT Wrote: do you guys have any experience with Kodi's smoothness if WeteK core is connected thru a game console (xbox one in my case). All my TV's HDMI ports are used up so i would need to connect WeTek (planning to buy one) to my Xbox one...would you think this would cause a delay/stutter while streaming Kodi?
I agree with Koying. I would almost bet on it that Kodi dynamic Refresh Rate switching will not work when fed thru a XBox.
You would need to hard select 60hz in Android settings and put up with 3:2 pull down judder.
Then there is the little issue of 4K video output limited to 30Hz due to the HDMI 1.4 connector.

In short bloody nightmare !

Any news about ethernet problem with Openelec? Any advance with the new OTA?
Is it an issue that will be fixed with soffware or will we must to replace our units finally?
OTA which address that issue is released last week. You can keep using wrxtasy or codesnake builds OE 6.0 or OE 7.0 if you preffer OE with Jarvis build.
OTA didn't fix that issue at all. Problem is still there and my Core is one of the those affected. I cann't use any version of Openelec because my ethernet is useless.
I would like to have any information about this. I'm sure they are doing their best to find a solution but it would be good to know their progress (if any).
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4