• 59(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2016-01-05, 22:06)clickingfast Wrote: Wow that was quick! thank you!

I was thinking that netflix may has the same Display Refresh Rate Adjustment like Kodi has. May be it will be there sometimes. It's not very user friendly, if he must look and decide wether the content is 24p or 25p.
Unlikely I suspect. Android isn't that great at refresh rate support, as it is primarily aimed at phones and tablets which have fixed display refresh rates. The Google Play Store Netflix app that we install by default is really designed for phones and tablets...

Android TV may change this (and the APIs are there in recent Android builds as Kodi demonstrates) - but there is a long way to go before devices from the US do anything other than a fixed 60 or 59.94Hz output without a lot of fiddling. Even being able to manually alter the refresh rate to 50Hz in display settings is a good thing. (The original Chromecast has been out for ages and only just before Christmas could it output 1080/50p...)
(2016-01-05, 22:06)clickingfast Wrote: I was thinking that netflix may has the same Display Refresh Rate Adjustment like Kodi has. May be it will be there sometimes. It's not very user friendly, if he must look and decide wether the content is 24p or 25p.
This 24p Refresh Switcher App does exactly what it states, switches your TV to a 24p Cinema or Movie mode Before the Netflix or similar App starts and locks the refresh rate to stop it from changing until you exit the App.
This App does not dynamically interrogate the video stream and Automatically switch TV refresh rate modes to 24p, 50 or 60 like Kodi does.

You are watching copy protected video streams when viewing Netflix, theses streams are copy protected all the way from Netflix's servers until they show on your TV display itself. Video content on your HDD when viewed in Kodi is not copy protected.

If you cannot be bothered with all that just set you Android GUI to 60Hz and deselect Apps like Netflix for 24p switching.
Kodi should not ever be selected in this 24p Refresh Switcher App, thats not the way Kodi refresh switching works.

Remote control tips already posted:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2201704

Mouse Sensitivity is adjusted in Android Settings > More Settings > Language and Input > Mouse / Trackpad

Enjoy ! Smile

Okay, made some tests.
When i play 24p with 50Hz (common rate in Germany), i can see some judders about every 1-2 seconds. That's something i could live with.
When i play 25p with 24Hz i can see the wrong Hz immediately. So i set it to 24Hz for Netflix unless i don't see any problems.

I found the settings now for the Remote Smile

Thank you!
OpenELEC 7.0 Build - SD-Card image:

https://mega.nz/#!REBn2TJA!oyW0uTYzDZkD0...0LdWI3bpk8

OpenELEC 7.0 Build - .tar update file:

https://mega.nz/#!cVphyLxB!yfY9xDWQ1mXV-...LeB-BPPUxQ

Change log:

- GUI tearing issue for S8xx
- Ethernet issues under OE
- Video decoder issues

Soon we will push all related changes to our GitHub account.
Good news droidelec, thank you.
Does it include Kodi Jarvis? If so, do you plan to launch Isengard version too?
wrxtasy dances a wee jig !!!

I cannot tell you how long I waited for this OpenELEC GUI tearing fix. Its been my one major disappointment since I started compiling and distributing OE on a few devices now.

Happy to say this is fixed, and if I'm not dreaming Extra Speed is present in the GUI. This is seriously quick now !

Cannot comment of the network connectivity issues as I never saw them in the first place.
Thanks Codesnake Big Grin

edit: This is Kodi 16.0 Jarvis beta5

Hi Milkado,

Yes, this one is OE 7.0 with Kodi Jarvis. We can also build OE 6.0 with Kodi Isengard.
Any way to buy one of these? They seam like out of stock now..... in EU

P.S already seen the 160 euros one on amazon....
Thank you very much @droidelec
I will wait to the 6.0 version. I need it because I share my database with other devices. And of course I will test ethernet issue with it (I'm affected).
The awesome Popcornmix Shadertoy screensavers now play smoothly and fluidly with this OE update too ! Smile

(2016-01-07, 13:23)wrxtasy Wrote: The awesome Popcornmix Shadertoy screensavers now play smoothly and fluidly with this OE update too ! Smile

Original Shardetoy is @afedchin, If not mistaken (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=227646), then @notspiff and @popcornmix for the ports.
Just giving proper credits Wink
(2016-01-07, 12:52)wrxtasy Wrote: wrxtasy dances a wee jig !!!

I cannot tell you how long I waited for this OpenELEC GUI tearing fix. Its been my one major disappointment since I started compiling and distributing OE on a few devices now.

Happy to say this is fixed, and if I'm not dreaming Extra Speed is present in the GUI. This is seriously quick now !

Cannot comment of the network connectivity issues as I never saw them in the first place.
Thanks Codesnake Big Grin

edit: This is Kodi 16.0 Jarvis beta5
I can confirm that on my skin (refocus) the tearing is gone. I wouldn't say there was a speed up though, it seemed slightly slower and not as smooth.

I'm not sure if that is because of some of the tweaks that wrxtasy put in to his build that I was previously using. (were there processor tweaks in there?)

I also has to get rid of the awful RSS feed bar.
There are patches for speeding up file browsing, also for disabling looking into .zip archives and some others that escape me at the moment.

This definitely helps if you place it as a autostart.sh file into the /.config directory to git rid of the GodAwful Hotplug CPU Governor !
Code:
# A simple script to change the WeTek Core's S812-H CPU Governor from the dammed awful HotPlug to OnDemand
# by wrxtasy

# available Freq: 96000 192000 312000 408000 504000 600000 696000 816000 912000 1008000 1104000 1200000 1296000 1416000 1512000 1608000 1800000 1992000
#!/bin/bash

echo 1992000 >  /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

The "Interactive" Governor is really the best as it ramps up quicker again than On Demand.
Linux Kernel changes need to be done for that and I know where they are Smile

I've got a bunch more as well that I've had on the OODROID C1+ but need to see what Kernel changes (if any) have happened first to really get stuck in.

(2016-01-07, 13:46)Koying Wrote:
(2016-01-07, 13:23)wrxtasy Wrote: The awesome Popcornmix Shadertoy screensavers now play smoothly and fluidly with this OE update too ! Smile

Original Shadertoy is @afedchin, If not mistaken (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=227646), then @notspiff and @popcornmix for the ports.
Just giving proper credits Wink
I thank all the guys involved in this awesome little project, its one of my favourite things on ARM platforms. Smile
For those reading there is also a Shadertoy Music Visualisation.

With the OpenGL tweaks Codesnake appears to have done for this new version of OE on the Core, these Shadertoys work far better than they have previously done.

BTW Koying, I would like to talk to you if possible about 4K playback issues with Jarvis on AML platforms. I think the U1 had problems as well. ?

(2016-01-07, 14:27)wrxtasy Wrote: BTW Koying, I would like to talk to you if possible about 4K playback issues with Jarvis on AML platforms. I think the U1 had problems as well. ?
I'm not aware of any, but only used S905 for a while. Please open a thread and ping me.
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4