• 64(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2016-01-10, 00:19)droidelec Wrote:
(2016-01-10, 00:12)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2016-01-10, 00:08)MrMC Wrote: If AMLCodec is removed, then say goodbye to every OpenElec distro (ie WeTek) running on AML hardware. Just an FYI as to the result.

That's exactly my point. I am not payed by companies making money with this port am I don't invest my time for them to make money. Either they contribute or the code in Kodi repo will be history.

Fernetmenta, as company we are one of rare to contribute as much as we can especially to OE. All our work on MX, S8xx is public and pushed to OE and our github.

This is not OE forum and if your contributions are related to a/v, you have been doing something wrong because the main architect of a/v (me) does not know you.
(2016-01-10, 00:25)FernetMenta Wrote: Windows has an active maintainer and you can't compare Windows with AML. But yes, it is the application that counts, not some decayed customisations. We just got an PR from Actions-Semi for a codec. If it really happens that AML is nuked, that does not mean that it can't ever reintegrated. If devs or companies think that code once integrated into Kodi will be maintained by the community, I'll prove them wrong.

Yeah, was the same with crystalhd. We had sooo many ATV distrubutions out there and still have. Before I purged it, I wrote what needs to be done in order to get it back properly ... it has never happened. All the builds out there patch back in the revert from that time (!) and codecs they can't get to work are just disabled ...

But yes, the point is, we need someone to step up and maintain that hw decoder and work with the team to fit it into current architecture.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-01-10, 00:29)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2016-01-10, 00:19)droidelec Wrote:
(2016-01-10, 00:12)FernetMenta Wrote: That's exactly my point. I am not payed by companies making money with this port am I don't invest my time for them to make money. Either they contribute or the code in Kodi repo will be history.

Fernetmenta, as company we are one of rare to contribute as much as we can especially to OE. All our work on MX, S8xx is public and pushed to OE and our github.

This is not OE forum and if your contributions are related to a/v, you have been doing something wrong because the main architect of a/v (me) does not know you.

Sometimes you don't see everything :-) Or did you learn typing with 10 fingers _while_ looking on the screen, yet? Tongue

Edit: Obviously clear, we did not receive a single AMLogic commit yet and I pinged the wetek dev many times also concerning AESinkALSA generic changes that we could need, but did not happen yet.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
So ? that Actions-Semi PR looks like a pure replication of MediaCodec and I don't quite understand why was even submitted rather than refactor MediaCodec to support it. But that's beyond the point, Android is ALSO unmaintained now so I guess you get your original desire and will soon drop it.

Drop the bombs then. Revert Kodi back to it's roots and lets see what happens. It should be interesting.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
(2016-01-10, 00:29)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-01-10, 00:25)FernetMenta Wrote: Windows has an active maintainer and you can't compare Windows with AML. But yes, it is the application that counts, not some decayed customisations. We just got an PR from Actions-Semi for a codec. If it really happens that AML is nuked, that does not mean that it can't ever reintegrated. If devs or companies think that code once integrated into Kodi will be maintained by the community, I'll prove them wrong.

Yeah, was the same with crystalhd. We had sooo many ATV distrubutions out there and still have. Before I purged it, I wrote what needs to be done in order to get it back properly ... it has never happened. All the builds out there patch back in the revert from that time (!) and codecs they can't get to work are just disabled ...

But yes, the point is, we need someone to step up and maintain that hw decoder and work with the team to fit it into current architecture.

Well in that case, our coder codesnake is ready to step up and to maintain it, especially as we started writing new hw decoder which is available in test OE Builds on our forum
(2016-01-10, 00:36)MrMC Wrote: So ? that Actions-Semi PR looks like a pure replication of MediaCodec and I don't quite understand why was even submitted rather than refactor MediaCodec to support it. But that's beyond the point, Android is ALSO unmaintained now so I guess you get your original desire and will soon drop it.
Exactly. I think we help those most if we don't let this code in at all :-). They shall do MediaCodec once and fine.

(2016-01-10, 00:36)MrMC Wrote: Drop the bombs then. Revert Kodi back to it's roots and lets see what happens. It should be interesting.

It needs to be a team / whatever decision. In fact we miss developers. We have millions of users - millions of new features are needed and a lot of code to maintain, though we dropped some multiple 10k lines of code lately which helps us to maintain less.

We really need developers, but if the goals, the future, the vision of the project is not fully clear, it's hard to get active developers. I for my part have zero commercial interest (money wise), but on the other hand I am also happy when companies like wetek give us something back, that I highly appreciate and this partnering was a very positive partnership until know.

Yeah, concrete we need developers for AMLogic, for Android and also for Windows to help afedchin that does an extra ordinary job in that regard but is most of the time alone to fix his platform.
(2016-01-10, 00:29)fritsch Wrote:

Not really, I approved crystalhd nuke because of one reason, the hw was obsoleted by Broadcom by then and there were much better solutions available. It was a deadend solution.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
It still continued to live in ffmpeg. If that would have been implemented properly within kodi it would still live today and would not cause any harm. The moment it would be dropped of ffmpeg, it would have been dropped in kodi, too.

If code is maintained, does not stop general other code for evolving, everything can stay in our codebase. I think OE still has > 50k ATV users.
(2016-01-10, 00:41)droidelec Wrote: Well in that case, our coder codesnake is ready to step up and to maintain it, especially as we started writing new hw decoder which is available in test OE Builds on our forum

I am looking forward to working with codesnake.
But again: this is not OE forums and OpenElec is a disaster when it comes to application development. Apart from fritsch's version of OE I don't have a clue what code is used in OE. OE is a distro but not suitable during development.
That is excellent, then he will report to you and PR code.
I updated my review of Core here; basically:
  • The latest "OpenELEC 7.0.0 (development build) / Kodi Jarvis 16.0 beta5" build completely fixed SMB/NFS connect issues (as others have reported)
  • Under this same OE build:
    - Bitrate clips up to 200Mbps play w/o stutter; amazing & ready for any 4K content! Smile
    - VC-1 29.970 (rip of Eagles' Farewell Melbourne concert BD) plays better than on Android OS (almost perfectly)

@wrxtasy, with regard to your MVC OpenELEC test build #3, which you'd asked about in the 3D player comparison thread:
  • Forcing my projector to top/bottom mode does display picture in proper 3D, for both MVC MKV's & 3D ISO's
  • Like I wrote earlier, you're damn close... what's missing is a trigger to tell the display to switch to top/bottom mode (like what VidOn's solution does on Tronsmart S95)

See pics:
watch gallery
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-01-10, 01:33)hdmkv Wrote: I updated my review of Core here; basically:
  • The latest "OpenELEC 7.0.0 (development build) / Kodi Jarvis 16.0 beta5" build completely fixed SMB/NFS connect issues (as others have reported)
    - Bitrate clips up to 200Mbps play w/o stutter; amazing & ready for any 4K content Smile
    - VC-1 29.970 (rip of Eagles' Farewell Melbourne concert BD) plays better than on Android OS (almost perfectly)

@wrxtasy, with regard to your MVC OpenELEC test build #3, which you'd asked about in the 3D player comparison thread:
  • Forcing my projector to top/bottom mode does display picture in proper 3D, for both MVC MKV's & 3D ISO's
  • Like I wrote earlier, you're damn close... what's missing is a trigger to tell the display to switch to top/bottom mode (like what VidOn's solution does on Tronsmart S95).

See pics:
watch gallery

Interesting. I get a different result with wrxtasy's build #3 - I get a TAB 3D image squeezed into the top half of a TAB bottom output. So I get two quarter height strips with video in them. This is only the case for a 3D MVC, I just get 2D with a 3D ISO (which plays in 3D fine on a Pi 2).

What settings do you have for 3D output in System Video or Video Playback?

TAB is signalled in the VSIF bit of the HDMI signal - there are different codes for frame packed, HSBS and HTAB.
oh. and we should remove wailand too. it's damn unmaintained, for years. and blocks us from killing boost. yeah.

EDIT: and @FernetMenta I am sure you know very well what's included in osmc, and arch linux, and gentoo. and, with ALL due respect to rbpi maintainer. I have to tell you that most likely EVERY rpi distro has 200+ "backport" patchset, like OE had one for your x11 work. for years. when elupus blocked it..
(2016-01-10, 01:36)noggin Wrote: Interesting. I get a different result with wrxtasy's build #3 - I get a TAB 3D image squeezed into the top half of a TAB bottom output. So I get two quarter height strips with video in them. This is only the case for a 3D MVC, I just get 2D with a 3D ISO (which plays in 3D fine on a Pi 2).

What settings do you have for 3D output in System Video or Video Playback?

TAB is signalled in the VSIF bit of the HDMI signal - there are different codes for frame packed, HSBS and HTAB.
That is odd; so, just tested on my secondary 3D display (BenQ W1070 PJ) and I get the same results w/3D MVC MKV & 3D ISO (just as w/my primary 3D PJ Epson 5025UB):
- http://i.imgur.com/WFm14ts.jpg
- http://i.imgur.com/yqIhfR6.jpg
- http://i.imgur.com/Hf5G4Lf.jpg

Also, should clarify, I did choose "Play with 3d mode" for 3D ISO even though my pic #7 above shows "Play main title" highlighted.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-01-10, 01:33)hdmkv Wrote: I updated my review of Core here; basically:
    - Bitrate clips up to 200Mbps play w/o stutter; amazing & ready for any 4K content Smile

• Like I wrote earlier, you're damn close... what's missing is a trigger to tell the display to switch to top/bottom mode (like what VidOn's solution does on Tronsmart S95).

See pics:
Excellent thanks for the feedback that was what I was looking for, especially the screenshots.
Yes looks pretty close and that is encouraging Smile
Makes it much easier to wrap my head around 3D terms and modes when I see detailed visual feedback like that.

For info Build #3 (on the Core) is the Isengard one with the modded Kernel in it for h264MVC activation. You will see h264MVC Kernel log messages spat out when AML is doing its MVC thing. This is the Build #3 .tar link:
https://mega.nz/#!69dUGAJb!D6Wjukw8bvc5d...i_amesLf1w

I will be working on incorporating everything so far into a new GPU drivers fix OE build this week. The ODROID C1+ will also receive some 3D lovin'

I would be interested to know if the MINIX U1 triggers the 3D top/bottom switch automatically with their own version of XBMC.
Koying will know I would think.

BTW: I too am getting very good results with the new meson8 GPU drivers, a lot of OpenGL bugs looked like they have been squashed. I also find the 29.97fps VC-1 test clip very close to perfect playback on OE 7.
If you want a bit of a speed boost in OE tweak the CPU Governor with instructions :

OpenELEC CPU Governor Tweak HERE

• 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4