• 73(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2016-01-20, 02:25)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-01-20, 02:18)hdmkv Wrote: Still, this PCM patch is better than not having it. Will work with most BD rips out there. Odd about DD+ ATMOS BD releases in EU... no TrueHD 7.1 as secondary?
Indeed! there is no reason for the patch to be held up. I was just making a comment that Dolby Digital Plus that was long considered irrelevant to physical media is now an undead Wink

Yes agreed, for the US / English Market - DD 7.1 + really is not going to be of concern....

(2016-01-18, 12:16)fritsch Wrote: I just read a review of "American Sniper" concerning the Audiotracks. It seems the US market got TrueHD with Atmos on top. German / French got a Dolby Digital 7.1 plus as core, and Atmos bits on top.....

(2016-01-20, 01:52)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-01-19, 15:41)ChristianTroy Wrote: @hdmkv

for DD+ 7.1 can you try the latest modified Kodi apk pls? (it won't replace stock Kodi since it has a different package name)

https://github.com/christiantroy/xbmc/re...Tek_mod_v7

I had noticed that for some reason Kodi was recognizing the 7.1 DD+ track as 5.1 and I did a nasty workaround: https://github.com/christiantroy/xbmc/co...1e3ce48c33
Just tested w/this Kodi mod APK. No difference w/Android audio set to HDMI or PCM. With passthrough enabled in Kodi, and DD/AC3 enabled & DTS disabled, DD+ 7.1 is still output as 5.1. With passthrough disabled in Kodi, DD+ 7.1 is output as 2.0 PCM (no center, sub, sides, rears).

My recommendation Christian is that you apply this PCM patch to the next OTA WeTek firmware & release it. Honestly, DD+ 7.1 isn't worth worrying about. Everything else works great!

(2016-01-20, 01:40)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: No it doesnt. Well guess I have to wait for a passthrough device then. Can still get this for the bedroom though
IMHO, not a big deal. WeTek Core decoding HD audio as RPI2 does is good enough... if AML ever provides passthru, then great, but otherwise, can live with what Christian has accomplished!

Lol of course it's not a big deal because you don't use those features or need them. Regardless... Yes this feature is awesome and will be well received..

Anyone know what's going on with the Wetek forum site? I keep getting HTTP 500 errors.
@hdmkv
sure it's already pushed to our repos so is scheduled for the next OTA

@regarding muting hdmi audio
if OE does not support it you can add this to any auto execution script in OE (I don't use it so I don't know which one actually is)

Code:
echo audio_off > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config
echo spdif_unmute > /sys/devices/platform/spdif-dit.0/spdif_mute

playing with these commands you can also have dual output from both HDMI and SPDIF. This works for sure with the Android's kernel but I think the HDMI and SPDIF drivers are the same in OE.
The Core is in such high demand that I got the only one they had left at the main WeTek office, because the box had a dent in it :D

Very awesome hardware.

Full disclosure, I now work for WeTek, but my opinions on the Kodi forum are my own.
(2016-01-22, 18:40)Ned Scott Wrote: The Core is in such high demand that I got the only one they had left at the main WeTek office, because the box had a dent in it Big Grin

Very awesome hardware.

Full disclosure, I now work for WeTek, but my opinions on the Kodi forum are my own.

Nice one, good luck. Wetek have good ideas and really support the community, sure it'll go well for you.
even though OT, congrats Ned.
@ned Congrats Smile
What is this,everyone is leaving,@Koying in or out and then the WiKi GuyNo

Come ONAngry
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Congrats; tighter Kodi and WeTek collaboration in any form can only be a good thing Smile.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-01-22, 20:33)movie78 Wrote: What is this,everyone is leaving,@Koying in or out and then the WiKi GuyNo

Come ONAngry

I'm still in charge of the Kodi wiki.
(2016-01-22, 20:33)hdmkv Wrote: Congrats; tighter Kodi and WeTek collaboration in any form can only be a good thing Smile.

I'll second that! Congrats Ned!
Just wanted to let everyone know wetex is shiping again
(2016-01-24, 05:01)sandogo1 Wrote: Just wanted to let everyone know wetex is shiping again

Showing out of stock on their main site. That didn't last long..

I put a reservation in on there web site and less then I week later I got a email to get one
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4