• 78(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2016-02-03, 18:28)Martijn Wrote: Indeed himedia are horrible and since we saw at CES even added banned repos.
Did they not get in contact with you? Had passed biz@kodi.tv (if I'm recalling the e-mail correctly) to my contact there. Also, got Koying in contact w/them for testing their next-gen box, and hopes of a better relationship with Kodi/team.

And I've (as just a regular-Joe end-user) scolded HiMedia best I could about banned add-ons. Believe it was naiveté on their part, not intentional AFAIK.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-02-03, 17:20)droidelec Wrote: We are happy to announce that we finally fix HD Audio passthrough for both S8xx and S9xx Platforms in Kodi, so from now on all owners of WeTek Core and other devices powered either by S8xx or S9xx can enjoy in HD Audio passthrough.

Tested:

DTS-HD Master

Dolby TrueHD

Tested on both WeTek Core (S812-H) and WeTek Play+ (S905-H Rev. C) with Android Lollipop 5.1.1.

Today we will try prepare OTA Firmware update for WeTek Core. We will send all patches and changes so it can be add to Kodi, until then people can use modified version of Kodi.

Next to follow is OpenELEC for Core.

WeTek-Jarvis-16.0rc2-v1-HD-Audio-Passthrough.apk

Code:
https://mega.nz/#!S9tgRb6Q!Na6YEDT257-QxwiE2k5riPwErEC4I0WtxrALrpNNNrc

Notes:

We cherry-picked the AudioTrack commits made by koying for the Minix Neo U1 (S905) Isengard sources and applied them to Jarvis rc2, the modified source code will be available soon on ChristianTroy's github.
Thank you for making this happen!

Question to clarify.. Is this passthrough of LPCM and Bitstream or only LPCM?

It's bitstream.
(2016-02-03, 19:48)droidelec Wrote: It's bitstream.
Awesome! Now they just need to be in stock again.

We started seeding new WeTek OS 1.1.1 OTA update for WeTek Core.
Very Nice work everyone, especially when a bunch of Talented Open Source Devs put their collective minds together to come up with a solution to a problem that will benefit the whole AML Kodi community.

That is exactly what the GPL Open Source Kodi project is all about. Smile

Special thanks to Koying, Christian Troy, droidelec and any other Kodi AML devs I've missed out on mentioning
I better dig out my 3D stuff now I'm back at home base....

+1 Smile

Re: Core 1.2 OTA update, install custom Kodi-Jarvis-16.0rc2-WeTek_mod_v1.apk after doing the OTA? Or, is this APK bundled w/the firmware update?

Re: MVC, this post by dukester may be worth looking into wrxtasy. Or maybe not; haven't had time to test that custom Kodi APK yet.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
@hdmkv

Just update over OTA, and inside you will have Kodi and WeTek Jarvis build, you will see on launcher description for every app.

CT is working with koying to remove Kodi name from our mod., as we want to follow rules and advice from Martijn to dont confuse anybody.

We also made all changes public and accessible to everybody.
I have OpenElec on the Core,how do i revert it back to Android?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
@movie78
isn't OE available via SD only? In case just remove the sd card Big Grin

@droidelec
with the help of koying I almost did it, now it starts but I don't have the binary addons in the apk, going to try to fix it now Smile
After that when tomorrow our graphic designer does a new splash image, banner and launcher icon it will be ready for the release
(2016-02-03, 21:37)ChristianTroy Wrote: @movie78
isn't OE available via SD only? In case just remove the sd card Big Grin I thought soBig Grin

@droidelec
with the help of koying I almost did it, now it starts but I don't have the binary addons in the apk, going to try to fix it now Smile
After that when tomorrow our graphic designer does a new splash image, banner and launcher icon it will be ready for the release

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-02-03, 17:20)droidelec Wrote: We are happy to announce that we finally fix HD Audio passthrough for both S8xx and S9xx Platforms in Kodi, so from now on all owners of WeTek Core and other devices powered either by S8xx or S9xx can enjoy in HD Audio passthrough.
Tested:
DTS-HD Master
Dolby TrueHD
Tested on both WeTek Core (S812-H) and WeTek Play+ (S905-H Rev. C) with Android Lollipop 5.1.1.
Very Nice! I tested it on Minix U1 (S905) and Minix X8-H (S802-H). It worked fine on the U1, but didn't work on the X8-H. I will have to get the X8-H Plus (S812) back from my friend for testing (hate to ask for something back after giving it away).

Apart from Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 and Dolby Atmos (TrueHD/Digital Plus) is also working.
Ok, just to let you know the rebranding as com.wetek.mediaplayer has finished (I just need the new graphics and then it can be released so we are fully compliant), I had huge troubles with the binary addons, I was getting building failure until I modified addon-helpers.cmake like this:

Code:
#    if(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME STREQUAL "Linux")
#      if(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX_INITIALIZED_TO_DEFAULT OR NOT CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX)
#        message(STATUS "setting install paths to match ${APP_NAME}: CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX: ${${APP_NAME_UC}_PREFIX}")
#        set(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX "${${APP_NAME_UC}_PREFIX}" CACHE PATH "${APP_NAME} install prefix" FORCE)
#        set(CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR "${${APP_NAME_UC}_LIB_DIR}" CACHE PATH "${APP_NAME} install libdir" FORCE)
#      elseif(NOT CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX STREQUAL "${${APP_NAME_UC}_PREFIX}" AND NOT OVERRIDE_PATHS)
#        message(FATAL_ERROR "CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX} differs from ${APP_NAME} prefix ${${APP_NAME_UC}_PREFIX}. Please pass -DOVERRIDE_PATHS=1 to skip this check")
#      else()
#        if(NOT CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR)
#          set(CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR "${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib/${APP_NAME_LC}")
#        endif()
#      endif()
#    else()
#      set(CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR "lib/${APP_NAME_LC}")
#    endif()
    set(CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR "${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib/${APP_NAME_LC}")

I don't know if there is a better way to do it, but this allows to compile it without any error
https://github.com/koying/SPMC/commit/42...b80cfcd0dd is supposed to fix this, but it might be that it worked for me by accident Wink
I was so relieved to have it working that I immediately left the bin addons alone Wink
For S812 like Minix X8, note that you need an improved lollipop firmware.
If the fw is still an older 4.4, it won't work.
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4