• 81(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
That is required for perfect 24p playback. The best that can be achieved, right now, is disabling from Kodi framerate automation when passthrough is used (and h264 or h265 codecs are used), you gain bitstream but get the stutter every 41 seconds...
I'd like to see the Android Sink changes that are needed to get AMLogic HD stuff working. If you can rebase on v17 we can discuss their inclusion on github. If not - point me to the relevant commits, please.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
So, for HD audio passthru re-testing, I was going to:
1. Do a factory reset and fresh install of the latest Core firmware image
2. Set digital audio output to HDMI
3. Make sure WeTek-Jarvis-16.0rc2-v1-HD-Audio-Passthrough is installed; if not, will sideload it
4. Ensure refresh rate switcher isn't applied for Kodi
5. In Kodi, will leave amcodec, medicodec and mediacodec (surface) all enabled
6. In Kodi, will enable refresh rate switching, but not sync playback to display (what I usually do w/all Kodi set-ups)
7. In Kodi, for audio, will enable passthru and check all types under it

Then, test HD audio... do I have above correct?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
@hdmkv

Just please take a look at video I've posted. In case You have drops in audio, try this. Enable refresh rate switching, and before playing file send this command by telnet:

echo 0 > /sys/class/tv/policy_fr_auto

And then try.

We actually tested at our internal build 1.1, and we repeat tests at 1.1.1, here we get no more drops.

Also what You can do is to set resolution at Android to 1080p24, turn on frame rate switch, send echo 0 > /sys/class/tv/policy_fr_auto and then play file. You can also try method described by CristianTroy and koying. Playback is smooth and no issues.
(2016-02-05, 17:27)fritsch Wrote: I'd like to see the Android Sink changes that are needed to get AMLogic HD stuff working. If you can rebase on v17 we can discuss their inclusion on github. If not - point me to the relevant commits, please.
Reposting the relevant GitHub commit that CT has already posted in this thread:

https://github.com/christiantroy/xbmc/co...be6311bc91

(2016-02-05, 17:33)hdmkv Wrote: 4. Ensure refresh rate switcher isn't applied for Kodi
Just to be clear here its the Android System Settings > Display > Automatic Refresh rate > Off
The 24p Refresh Switcher App should Never have Kodi selected. I only ever use it for Netflix, and then its not 100% foolproof

(2016-02-05, 17:57)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-02-05, 17:27)fritsch Wrote: I'd like to see the Android Sink changes that are needed to get AMLogic HD stuff working. If you can rebase on v17 we can discuss their inclusion on github. If not - point me to the relevant commits, please.

that' s not rebased on master
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@wrxtasy
it's not the refresh rate app (that only changes resolution), what is interfering is the CONFIG_FRAMERATE_AUTOMATION kernel configuration, the one that gives buttery smooth 23.976fps playback.
The command that droidelec posted disables framerate automation so you will get the stutter every 41 seconds, but truehd and dtshd will work. This happens because that option alters the audio clocks as well.

If you ask me to choose, I prefer using multi channel PCM and proper 24p output, I really doubt that (I don't know what term to use, it's like in photography the person that looks every picture at 100%, "pixel peepers" but for audio Big Grin ) anyone will notice a difference between multi channel pcm and bitstream, specially people using a Core.
(2016-02-05, 18:01)Martijn Wrote:
(2016-02-05, 17:57)wrxtasy Wrote:

that' s not rebased on master

Basically the real changes needed are minor. Encoding Vars, handling of the specific HD non HD Amlogic devices in AudioTrack sink. If done correctly - it's really only some special casing, but not that much. I will wait for the PR a bit.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-02-05, 19:26)ChristianTroy Wrote: @wrxtasy
it's not the refresh rate app (that only changes resolution), what is interfering is the CONFIG_FRAMERATE_AUTOMATION kernel configuration, the one that gives buttery smooth 23.976fps playback.
The command that droidelec posted disables framerate automation so you will get the stutter every 41 seconds, but truehd and dtshd will work. This happens because that option alters the audio clocks as well.

If you ask me to choose, I prefer using multi channel PCM and proper 24p output, I really doubt that (I don't know what term to use, it's like in photography the person that looks every picture at 100%, "pixel peepers" but for audio Big Grin ) anyone will notice a difference between multi channel pcm and bitstream, specially people using a Core.
What about leaving everything a 60Hz video output. Playing 23.976fps video with 3:2 pulldown ?
That was the solution I was trying to suggest, all be it not very well Wink ...

if users need those fancy TrueHD / DTS MA / Atmos - smug "look at me" blinken indicators on their AVR's.

I'm actually going to do something like this: when truehd or dtshd formats are detected and passthrough is being used then disable framerate automation.
If people is annoyed by the stutter every 41 second can unflat truehd/dtshd capable receiver and use multichannel pcm for those formats
I have a funny feeling 95/96% of the users won't ever see that stutter Smile
Just checked and 23.976fps at 60Hz is still giving dmesg:
Quote:+++++++++++++++++framerate_automation_set_mode[1124]auto_mode=1++++++++++++++++
With corresponding value = 1 with
Code:
cat /sys/class/tv/policy_fr_auto

Yes disable Frame Rate Automation for HD Audio Passthrough would be the most elegant solution.

(2016-02-05, 19:44)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-02-05, 19:26)ChristianTroy Wrote: @wrxtasy

What about leaving everything a 60Hz video output. Playing 23.976fps video with 3:2 pulldown ?
That was the solution I was trying to suggest, all be it not very well Wink ...

if users need those fancy TrueHD / DTS MA / Atmos - smug "look at me" blinken indicators on their AVR's.

Wouldn't you get the same issue? If you output 23.976 content with 3:2 then you need 59.94 output if you want to avoid (additional) stutter. If you output at 60Hz you have similar issues to outputting at 24Hz. However I suspect 59.94 will have the same issues with HDMI audio clocks as 23.976?

(Personally I think I'd rather have stutter than 3:2 inflicted on me)
Yes you do run into the same issue, as I just tested above. The only solution at the moment is what CT is suggesting.

Kodi V17, with what fritsch as saying is looking interesting....
(2016-02-04, 14:45)fritsch Wrote: I really hope, that someone rebases on v17 - everything v16 / v15 delivers concerning passthrough is suboptimal. For example in v15/ v16 we send zeros (!) to not underrun the sink, this is just bad and bullshit. In v17 we can create pause packages in IEC format with different lengths, so the sync is much, much improved...

Just install the apk and flash the zip using WeUpdate's "Local Update" feature putting the zip file on a fat32 microsd card

https://github.com/christiantroy/xbmc/re...aPlayer-v2

If passthrough for TrueHD/DTS-HD is enabled in Kodi settings, then framerate automation will be disabled. If the stutter every ~ 41 seconds bothers you don't flag that capability, set the correct number of speakers and just use multichannel pcm.
Wrxtasy is happy straight out of the gate. No bloody RSS Feed !!!! Smile

• 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4