• 90(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
Appreciate fritsch's work but....

Would it not be more appropriate to move this testing for S905's to an appropriate Android development thread so we don't confuse the hell out of actual, you know, S812-H - WeTek Core owners looking for Kodi support ?

I would suggest over here in the actual S905 support thread would be a very good idea ......
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=255686

Did some tests using amcodec with the very latest build available: kodi-20160208-663b619-androidtestv3-armeabi-v7a.apk

Kodi refresh rate switch disabled
- TrueHD - perfect
- DTS-HD - perfect

Kodi refresh rate switch enabled + /sys/class/tv/policy_fr_auto enabled
- TrueHD - no audio
- DTS-HD - no audio

Kodi refresh rate switch enabled + /sys/class/tv/policy_fr_auto disabled
- TrueHD - perfect
- DTS-HD - perfect

Kodi refresh rate switch disabled + manually switching resolution to 1080p24hz (tried also 1080p23hz) before starting video playback
- TrueHD - stutters with /sys/class/tv/policy_fr_auto enabled or disabled at 24hz or 23hz
- DTS-HD - same as above

We practically have the same scenario as WeTek Media Player based on Jarvis rc3 but using the code based on master. Basically the best thing that can be achieved on S8xx regarding bitstream output is disabling /sys/class/tv/policy_fr_auto when a TrueHD or DTS-HD audio is being played to avoid drops (or trying your luck with MediaCodec that for me on Amlogic gave mixed results, something played good, something was not smooth).
This is the workaround I used on the mentioned WeTek Media Player to trigger framerate automation on / off according to audio output, it's not very elegant I know but makes the trick: https://github.com/christiantroy/xbmc/co...fece15dbe1

Great work fritsch and koying Smile

edit: tried E-AC3 it does not turn on the DD+ lights on the AVR and the stream is mute, like the build I tried last night in the previous report
(2016-02-09, 06:13)wrxtasy Wrote: Appreciate fritsch's work but....

Would it not be more appropriate to move this testing for S905's to an appropriate Android development thread so we don't confuse the hell out of actual, you know, S812-H - WeTek Core owners looking for Kodi support ?

I would suggest over here in the actual S905 support thread would be a very good idea ......
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=255686

All that code works perfectly on Wetek Core (besides EAC3, which I don't know why yet). Someone said during yesterday, that it would work now - @ChristianTroy: which version had it working?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-02-09, 01:23)dukester Wrote:
(2016-02-09, 00:12)fritsch Wrote: Can you please post an AC3 log? And also it would be good to know which version was the last one doing DTS for you? You happen to have a log with this?

i forgot about the AC3 log so i had to reinstall it, here is AC3 and DTS in kodi-20160208-f2f26e6-androidtestv3-armeabi-v7a - AC3 works DTS doesnt

http://xbmclogs.com/povfsv5fs

i went back and the latest nightly doesn't work for DTS and neither does RC3 release.. ill keep testing.. it could have been either a v16 or v17 test release from those threads in the "android" section that did have DTS playback...

stock video player on device outputs DTS 5.1 from both DTS and DTS-HD files

Oki - please post me a kodi log with working DTS. I cannot find anything wrong in the code. Besides that: It seems AC3 is supported regularly on your device, it returns 5 and so the sink is opened with AC3 data.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
As I am seriously thinking of getting one of these boxes to replace my aging HTPC that I built 3 years ago what skin is everyone using. I would really like to use the Aeon MQ 5 or 6 skin as i have been using this for years and really love it, how smooth and responsive is it as i installed MQ5 on my mates wetek play and it was just laggy. Any advice would be much appreciated
@gaskell
I don't know about that particular skin but performance wise there is an abyss between Core and Play

@fritsch
I never had it working on Core, yesterday when I tried the previous build on S905 (kodi-20160208-76875b1-androidtestv3-armeabi-v7a.apk I guess) I had the DD+ on the AVR but playback was stuttering really badly
(2016-02-09, 11:57)ChristianTroy Wrote: @gaskell
I don't know about that particular skin but performance wise there is an abyss between Core and Play

@frisch
I never had it working on Core, yesterday when I tried the previous build on S905 (kodi-20160208-76875b1-androidtestv3-armeabi-v7a.apk I guess) I had the DD+ on the AVR but playback was stuttering really badly

But it works with your current 16rc3, right? If yes, then I'd please take a Debug Log from the rc3 and from the latest version I posted to mirrors.kodi.tv - thx in advance (please textfiles).
Yes, it works.

This is rc3 (working): http://xbmclogs.com/pejebatw4
and this is the latest build: http://xbmclogs.com/pd0bb4zqt
Fascinating to observe the progress you guys are making, but the dev progress is almost too fast and 50% over my head (and maybe other users too), it's hard to keep up with Blush.

So, it sounds like to have HD audio bitstream w/either CT's or fritsch's builds, you either need to disable amcodec and/or adjust refresh rate? If so, neither are desirable I think as this impacts other things (microstutters every 42 secs, 3D MVC, and just losing amcodec on an AMLogic box, which would seem to be its appeal).

If above is true, then decode to LPCM w/refresh rate & amcodec both enabled, seems the better choice. And, this was/is already working quite well. All this assuming I'm following correctly Wink.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
You assume correct, on S8xx you won't have amlogic framerate automation (the in kernel stuff that changes clocks for having perfectly smooth playback) and bitstream.
But there's (a lof) of people (myself included) that can leave fine with 1 stutter every 41 seconds (I don't even notice it) so people sensitive to that stuttering can unflag truehd/dtshd and use lpcm, while who does not care of that can use bitstream as well
I think it should be possible to find matching values for the 23.976 hz output modes. A little bit of experimenting in kernel should make that work. If this frame automation hack is still the one, where I added the 23.976 clocks some months / yearhs ago and memphiz commited it, I am quite sure we could find something else.

Also: Currently AMLogic decoder directly talks with the kernel ... that's not how it should be. Consider enumerating the 23.976 mode as a normal fractional mode like the 24.0 mode is done - that would be much, much better for userspace. Cause it's somehow funny that the hw decoder will change the refreshrate under the hood while kodi thinks it would run with 24.0 fps.
(2016-02-09, 14:42)ChristianTroy Wrote: You assume correct, on S8xx you won't have amlogic framerate automation (the in kernel stuff that changes clocks for having perfectly smooth playback) and bitstream.
But there's (a lof) of people (myself included) that can leave fine with 1 stutter every 41 seconds (I don't even notice it) so people sensitive to that stuttering can unflag truehd/dtshd and use lpcm, while who does not care of that can use bitstream as well

Or can you leave the automation clocks as-is and use DTS-HD MA/Dolby True HD lossless decoding to Multichannel PCM (as one by the Pi 2) which will give you effectively the same quality audio, and no 40" stutter (which I find difficult to watch)? (apart from no Atmos/DTS:x and some loss of metadata for DRC etc. Oh and no pretty red light on the receiver)
(2016-02-09, 14:45)fritsch Wrote: Also: Currently AMLogic decoder directly talks with the kernel ... that's not how it should be. Consider enumerating the 23.976 mode as a normal fractional mode like the 24.0 mode is done - that would be much, much better for userspace. Cause it's somehow funny that the hw decoder will change the refreshrate under the hood while kodi thinks it would run with 24.0 fps.

It's actually worse if only the AML system setting is in use. Then Kodi has zero notion the decoder is in 24/23.976 and still thinks it run in whatever was specified as resolution in the system settings, i.e. 60 most of the time...
Here Kodi assumes 3:2 pulldown, I guess, but amlcodec ignores it. Quite messy Wink
I'd say: Start tuning here: https://github.com/Memphiz/linux-amlogic...hw.c#L2133 and adjust for 192 khz
EAC3 fixed: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...mirrorlist

Have fun.
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4