• 109(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
Yeah the core is of no use to me. I want a 1 solution box and the play/play 2s seems to be what I need as I have quite an extensive library of TV and movies in Google Play and until I can access them through Kodi I need to use Android but I also want the flexibility of live TV.
@tredman, if will be with some unofficial build I will do because it needs different DVB drivers (like the CM I did for the original Play)
I have not started looking into it yet but I have just to import some kernel patches and modify a bit the tvheadend helper application to check for existing tuners instead of just looking for usb tuners.
(2016-03-11, 08:15)ChristianTroy Wrote: @tredman, if will be with some unofficial build I will do because it needs different DVB drivers (like the CM I did for the original Play)
I have not started looking into it yet but I have just to import some kernel patches and modify a bit the tvheadend helper application to check for existing tuners instead of just looking for usb tuners.

That sounds good, it worked very well with the play.
Hi,

I'm looking for a box to replace my RPI2.
Here are my needs:
  • Perfect 24p h264, h265, VC1
  • Auto framerate switcher
  • Optimal image quality
  • TVHeadend integration (mpeg4 and mpeg2 PAL)
  • 2.0 output, with good downmixing (and center channel boost as in rpi)
  • Fast enough to run Titan Skin
  • Emby plugin, all my library is on my NAS
  • Native remote with many buttons (editable with remote.xml) or best, MCE remote pluggable in usb
  • Logitech harmony compatible
  • Start/Stop kodi with a single button on the remote, or autoexecute on box boot/resume (WAF ^^)
  • Fast boot/resume
  • Low power consumption

Do you think the WeTek core can satisfy me?
Versus a Minik Neo u1 or Nvidia shield?

Thanks
Nearly all your needs will be covered with OpenELEC on the Core, the only thing to check would be Plug n Play usb MCE IR receiver compatibility. Codesnake would know for sure about remote control compatibility.

I take it the IR receiver is for the Logitech IR remote signals ?

The built in IR receiver on the Core is only used for Power On/Off and Dual boot.
The Core comes with a simple remote with not many buttons, see page #1.

You can also have it autoboot straight into Kodi when using Android Lollipop as well, put the device into standby with the remote power button and it quickly wakes again with another power button press. I never bother as AML ARM devices consume little power.

VC1 29.97fps will still have playback issues in OE too, 23.976fps VC1 is fine.

(2016-03-11, 13:35)wrxtasy Wrote: Nearly all your needs will be covered with OpenELEC on the Core, the only thing to check would be Plug n Play usb MCE IR receiver compatibility. Codesnake would know for sure about remote control compatibility.

ok thanks.
And using the android lollipop kodi fork, what features will I loose?
Only Kodi boxes I've tried (maybe there are others) with perfect VC-1 (23.976 and 29.970) have been Chromebox and nVidia Shield. There are non-Kodi media players (PCH, M8R, Dune) that do VC-1 well.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Finally back in stock and ordered! Not being dispatched until 20th March and price is €119.90.

Slightly apprehensive at the fact that all these new devices will be out at some point in the near future but I can't wait any longer.
(2016-03-11, 15:52)schweppy Wrote: Finally back in stock and ordered! Not being dispatched until 20th March and price is €119.90.

Slightly apprehensive at the fact that all these new devices will be out at some point in the near future but I can't wait any longer.

It still shows out of stock, how did you order yours?
I just have received an email from Wetek to buy the Core.
Are now available for people who reserved the box in their site some time ago, they are giving me a code to buy now and send on March 20th. Many thanks! but unfortunately now I prefer to have a Play 2S Smile
Wait again Sad
Hi All, am new to this site and a lot of it is above my head, so go easy!!!!!!!!!!!Big GrinBig Grin

In same position. Just wondering as i have an Android box that works ok, is it worth spending cash now or wait for awhile to see what comesHuhHuh?

Also, aside from the tuner and the S905 in the S2, will ther be a huge difference between the Core and it, and would you notice difference?

Cheers.
Could someone steer me based on these needs? Thanks in advance

- Full BD rips playback, or just 10GB & under type 720p/1080p? 10GB and under
- Need HD audio? Passthru (bitstreaming) a must, or decoded to multichannel PCM fine? HD audio not necessary
- Need full 3D playback? No
- Netflix? SD okay or need HD? Need 4K? Netflix HD would be nice, 4K not necessary
- Amazon? SD okay or need HD/4K? Don't use Amazon
- Other premium apps? Android gaming? Don't game
- 4K local media playback? Not necessary
- DVD/MPEG2 SD playback? Sure
- VC-1 playback a must? No
- Any other needs, wants? Ability to boot multiple OS, Wifi, HDMI-CEC, Gigabit Ethernet, < $100

I am comfortable tinkering/flashing/modding, so I was looking into the Pi/Odroid's but wanted to know if the Wetek products were worth holding out for...
Guys, you need to list all your needs/wants (like so) for us to point you in the right direction. Also, have you already looked at the stickied 'Pick the Right Kodi Box' thread?
My Family Room Theater
(2016-03-11, 15:52)schweppy Wrote: Finally back in stock and ordered! Not being dispatched until 20th March and price is €119.90.

I just got the email from them for when I filled out that form like 2+ months ago? Im kind of thinking the same with the new boxes announced.. Probably gonna pass now..

Might just get the Shield instead. I appreciate what Wetek is doing but doubt I'm gonna buy their boxes now.

@fubag, I'd recommend WeTek Core now or upcoming Hub as you mention multiple OS (Android/OpenELEC). Also Netflix HD. But, last I tested, DVD/MPEG2 SD playback was poor on Core (jerky, juddery).

If you didn't need multiple OS, nVidia Shield would be another solid option w/proper DVD/MPEG2 SD playback, plus 4K if you later decide you want it.
My Family Room Theater
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4