• 111(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
Hello gaskell1066,

That build is probably more than 3 months old. Many things have been fixed or changed since then among the others kodi Jarvis (16.0 stable).
Please use tar update from this link http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/di...2016-03-11 and try again. Tar file is located in sdcard update folder, last file in the folder.

If you don't know how to update from tar follow this tutorial on OpenELEC wiki http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Updating_OpenELEC

Please let us know how it goes.
I'm the owner of a Wetek Core for a couple of months now. I'm using the last beta firmware and kernel. I like it a lot, but in my case there are a few small things that could be improved in my opinion, not Kodi related.

- Netflix does not work in true 23.976 fps, only 24 fps. I mean, there is a frame skip every 41 sec. for 23.976 fps videos. If you force the 23.976 fps mode, the video becomes jerky from time to time.

- Youtube is stuttery, specially on 24p videos, and the 60 fps option is not available, both Android TV and stardard Youtube apps.
Best low price wireless keyboard with touch that you guys recommend for the core?
- Logitech K400 or K400 Plus... These remain my favorite whether Android, OpenELEC or Windows-based Kodi boxes
- Minix A2 Lite w/airmouse functionality (vs. touch)
- Alternative airmouse
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Thanks for the replay. I kind like the logitech more than the others ill get that. what part se usa? Im in se tx
Logitech is a great choice. I'm just north of Atlanta, GA.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I liked GA i was living in TN 5yrs ago went to chattanooga many times and atlanta couple of times.
(2016-03-14, 08:48)skodilak Wrote: Hello gaskell1066,

That build is probably more than 3 months old. Many things have been fixed or changed since then among the others kodi Jarvis (16.0 stable).
Please use tar update from this link http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/di...2016-03-11 and try again. Tar file is located in sdcard update folder, last file in the folder.

If you don't know how to update from tar follow this tutorial on OpenELEC wiki http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Updating_OpenELEC

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers'skodilak', installed that and works a treat now, thank you everyone for your assistance. Big Grin
(2015-09-15, 07:11)wrxtasy Wrote: Software: Android Lollipop 5.1.1 (loaded from Factory), optional software OpenELEC and many custom Android ROM's (Android TV, CyanogenMOD, AOKP, AOSP, Omega), Lubuntu Linux.

I think this line should be edited "OUT" from the OP please. I purchased this box because I expected (and was quite happy to learn) Lubuntu would dual boot with Android (because of threads like this), but this is NOT true, and I see no signs of it becoming true any time soon. Not to mention CM, AOKP, AOSP and Omega, reallyHuh LOL, where? Is there a secret thread somewhere where one can find these builds? It's been 6 months since this device was introduced and only OpenELEC has been available for the Core as a secondary boot option. And when I spoke with Wetek support they seemed to suggest only OpenELEC will ever be available for the Core as a 2nd boot option. Its not really a good thing to lead people to believe in something, that is in fact not true "out-of-the-box". Now, I have no clue if I should buy a second box with Ubuntu support, such as the GeekBox, or wait for Lubuntu for the Core not knowing if it will ever come.

@wrxtasy, post #635 mentions that we need to see the OP in order to download a custom made Netflix HD app. Is this still the case? Or will the Android TV Netflix app from the Play store now do HD? Or do I just download the latest apk from apkmirror? Thanks for any information. My Core is not going to be shipped out until sometime after March 20, so I am just trying to get prepared. Thanks again, and especially thanks for all the hard work you do.

Best Regards
Yes agreed, will remove that Software listed section completely as it looks like WeTek have changed the product description page for the Core since that was copied and posted at launch time last year.

The "massaged" "modded" Netflix for Android TV OS has to be used on the Core. Any regular Android TV OS version will not work. That modded version is in the Netflix TV OS thread on the WeTek forums somewhere.

I'm a little confused, is the build that gaskell1066 referred to the preferred OE over wrxtasy's?
(2016-03-15, 03:29)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes agreed, will remove that Software listed section completely as it looks like WeTek have changed the product description page for the Core since that was copied and posted at launch time last year.

The "massaged" "modded" Netflix for Android TV OS has to be used on the Core. Any regular Android TV OS version will not work. That modded version is in the Netflix TV OS thread on the WeTek forums somewhere.
Thanks man for the edit. I hope we do get some newer options for dual boot, but they may be working on newer improved products already, ARM64 stuff. Yeah I think I saw the Netflix app over on their threads too. Will go looking for it then. Thanks.
(2016-03-15, 03:29)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes agreed, will remove that Software listed section completely as it looks like WeTek have changed the product description page for the Core since that was copied and posted at launch time last year.

think that version has stopped working now i read, mine gives error all the time, looks like they clocked on..
Is Wetek looking to do any promotion any time soon for the Wetek Core? I'm on the fence at the moment but would definitely buy if there was a promo code or something. I remember last year they did something for the Wetek Play around this time of year so was hoping something similar will also happen this year.

Thanks!
Yeah the longish lead times are making me wonder whether it's best saving a few £s and waiting for the hub.
Or the q5 pro
Or a shield
Or a chromebox

So much choice.........
  • 111(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4