• 121(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2016-04-14, 05:04)wrxtasy Wrote: I have not noticed any reduction in smoothness and fluidity, even with the Kernel GPU drivers patch to fix tearing in the OE Kodi GUI on the WeTek Core. Even OE on the S805 C1 has regained its fluidity with a bit of a Mali Turbo tweak.
I have found it to be less smooth than it was previously, but it is still a huge improvement over the tearing. The reduction in fluidity is more noticeable on the stock OE (I am now using), than on your patched version with the CPU governor changed. The stock OE does not have the skip/sync issues that your patched version does though.

(2016-04-14, 05:04)wrxtasy Wrote: What does affect performance greatly is a SD card that is having R/W issues for whatever reason.
I've had so many issues with Samsung SD cards lately that I only trust Sandisk SD cards when used on AMLogic devices from now on.
Interesting, I found the complete opposite. My Sandisk Ultra card was hopeless in the Core, but I have used 3 Samsung EVO cards that are flawless.
Fiddled with it a little more.
Well... it seems to overdo a little bit...

Now when I press the power button on the wetek remote, it switches off the TV and hangs. Here's the log:

Quote:17:42:08 T:3036340224 NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
17:42:08 T:3036340224 NOTICE: Saving settings
17:42:08 T:3036340224 NOTICE: stop all
17:42:08 T:3036340224 NOTICE: stop player
17:42:08 T:3036340224 NOTICE: ES: Stopping event server
17:42:08 T:3036340224 NOTICE: stopping upnp
17:42:08 T:3036340224 NOTICE: WebServer: Stopped the webserver
17:42:09 T:2775700384 NOTICE: ES: UDP Event server stopped
17:42:09 T:3036340224 NOTICE: stop dvd detect media

If I switch the set back on, it does the rest:

Quote:17:43:14 T:3036340224 NOTICE: stop sap announcement listener
17:43:14 T:3036340224 NOTICE: clean cached files!
17:43:14 T:3036340224 NOTICE: unload skin
17:43:15 T:2884629408 NOTICE: ## OpenELEC Addon ## STOP SERVICE DONE !

and powers off eventually.

My setup: Wetek is conected to the Panasonic plasma set. No AVR or something.

As for the cards -- checked logs for I/O errors -- none found. Tried SanDisk that worked before -- the same thing: the Confluence stripe movement isn't fluid, the rest is fine.
Interestingly, when I swapped the noname mSD with SanDisk, the wetek started to boot android with no option. Recycling the power cord and re-clicking the card brought the OE back.
...and yet another question:
Wetek is equipped with 3" audio output but OE seems to ignore it offering only s/pdif (hdmi) and pulseaudio bluetooth options. I tried hardkernel's C-Media USB Headphone Set -- the kernel recognizes it and 2 more options appear in kodi system audio menu but choosing any of them didn't change anything to me -- it still outputs the sound to hdmi...
dmesg output: http://sprunge.us/DGiY
It's hardcoded and note a bug. Routing audio to an external usb audio device has major performance issues and therefore it fallsback to the "default" device.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I see... And what about the internal device?
Anyone have a recent link to the latest Core OS beta please? I need to test it before Monday comes around. Thank you!
(2016-04-06, 23:55)grossbard Wrote: I finally got a chance to try out my core last night, and I was disappointed to find that the YouTube app does not support 60fps. Will this be addressed in a future update?

Any comment on this?
(2016-04-16, 07:52)grossbard Wrote:
(2016-04-06, 23:55)grossbard Wrote: I finally got a chance to try out my core last night, and I was disappointed to find that the YouTube app does not support 60fps. Will this be addressed in a future update?

Any comment on this?
What do you mean by it does not support 60 fps youtube videos? I been testing 60 fps videos at youtube for a solid 3 weeks now and they all play, just with severe micro stuttering. Have you tried a factory reset? My Core doesn't play video smooth at all, not any file and not any video app including any build of Kodi (which is why I need to try the latest beta OS before it gets shipped back on Monday, as maybe that will fix it). But it does play everything, including 60 fps (and 96 fps too) videos at Youtube, but just with a super severe micro stutter making the device completely worthless. Oh well.

Try a factory reset, maybe you will have better luck. Good luck...
Something is definitely wrong if you cannot even get smooth 24p video playback when using Kodi.
Is your TV settings setup for 24p Cinema or Movie mode, does your TV even support this ?
Is the TV refresh switching properly ?
Turn on some minor motion smoothing in your TV settings.

The WeTek Jarvis mediaplayer is preferred.

If OpenELEC is also giving you video juddering you have Kodi and/or TV settings setup issues.

The beta rom with the Android Global refresh rate switcher is found over in the following post:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2263656

Put the .zip on a usb stick and plug into the Core and in Android Lollipop > Power Menu > Reboot to recovery and then select UDisk.

I would suggest selecting Kodi only in the new Display Refresh Rate App that pops up with this ROM. Do not put Netflix or YouTube in there. This new Display Refresh Rate App operates in a completely opposite manner to the old WeTek Refresh Rate App.
Youtube playback should smooth out with this ROM.

Question to WeTek
When is this ROM going to be released to the public, when Kodi 16.x hits final ?

(2016-04-15, 10:26)kanyck Wrote: ...and yet another question:
Wetek is equipped with 3" audio output but OE seems to ignore it offering only s/pdif (hdmi) and pulseaudio bluetooth options. I tried hardkernel's C-Media USB Headphone Set -- the kernel recognizes it and 2 more options appear in kodi system audio menu but choosing any of them didn't change anything to me -- it still outputs the sound to hdmi...
dmesg output: http://sprunge.us/DGiY

If you really need to use the USB audio device, it should work fine under Android.
(2016-04-16, 07:52)grossbard Wrote:

Any comment on this?

The native YouTube app has been very weird about 60FPS. This applies to both the "tablet" version of the app that the Core uses and even official Android TV client. Some videos will work perfectly in 60FPS, others will only playback in 30FPS even though a 60FPS version is available. The only ones you can really fix that is Google.
I will try the beta this weekend, thank you wrxtasy. However, Wetek Support is convinced the unit is bad. We tried everything you can think of over the last 3 weeks and nothing has worked. I asked to try the beta but they never complied with my request. Even the Wetek OS menus, and app menus stutter. You know how YouTube has the scrolling text if you highlight (focus onto) a video with a title that is long? Even that text scrolling stutters and flashes horribly (the pixels literally flash on and off), but does not on any of the other media players I have. If its a pixel and moves, then it stutters on my Core. So long I don't do anything at all it looks quite nice, so it makes a great Daydream machine.

I tried OpenELEC (several versions and builds) and the stuttering was even worse, to the point the eyes wanted to bleed after a few seconds. Then I decided to download the official OpenELEC 7.0 build 6.95.2 (the one built specifically for the Core), and it stuttered until I restarted the device. The second try the unit was NOT stuttering and I was blown away. After 3 weeks of non stop severe stuttering I thought I was onto something, but after the next reboot the stutter came back and has not gone away since, even after dozens of reboots. This makes me think it must be fixable via a software update, but I have no update to try (except for the beta now). I purchased this unit specifically for Android use, Netflix and Plex (not kodi) and for Lubuntu (which is also not avail). Netflix, Plex, Kodi, Wetek Player, YouTube and even Android/App menus etc etc all stutter horribly. Tried OS 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 about roughly 10 clean installs so far, or about's that and nothing has fixed it.

I went back to my other Android TV devices since those don't stutter. Oh and yeah 24p works great on my S905 device, and my Samsung Blu ray player (which I hate to use as a streaming unit) on the same TV and ports. So, I want to check out the latest Core OS beta to see if they fixed it or not yet. I will play around more this weekend.

Thanks again wrxtasy
Sounds like a Hardware problem if anything if you've come to the End of the line with extensive testing.
Never seen so many problems on a media player, especially if the OS menus are stuttering as well that should not be happening.

RMA I would think back to WeTek to get a new Core. I'm reading some guys are getting very quick turn around times on replacement Core's to swap out defective devices.

Hi

(2016-04-11, 11:56)noggin Wrote: The Pi 3 also does 3D MVC + Frame Packed output (which my Chromebox and Core don't) but 3D is not a huge issue for me.

I'm kinda lost here. The ability to play 3DBD + FP is critical for me. I asked about it Wetek support few weeks ago, here is the answer:

Quote:WeTek
Technical support form:
Name: Nikki
Topic: Product Features
Subject: 3d support
Hi, Does any of the current Wetek players (for e.g. Wetek Core) is able to play 3d MVC-encoded video (BluRay ISO or remastered into MVK) using Frame Packed output format in full (1080p@24) resolution mode? If now, is such support is planning in the nearest future? I'm interested into a single media player that would be able to play Netflix HD and 3-D movies.

Quote:Helpdesk (WeTek)
Mar 7, 16:59
Dear Mr. Nikki
I just tested it now and yes the Core has no Problem playing this all Wink
For all further questions, do not hesitate to contact us or to visit http://wetekforums.com to find tutorials, alternative ROMs or community support.
Best Regards,
Christian
WeTek Support Team

So, how can I know is MVC+FP work or not?
(2016-04-17, 01:26)nikkikom Wrote: Hi

(2016-04-11, 11:56)noggin Wrote: The Pi 3 also does 3D MVC + Frame Packed output (which my Chromebox and Core don't) but 3D is not a huge issue for me.

I'm kinda lost here. The ability to play 3DBD + FP is critical for me. I asked about it Wetek support few weeks ago, here is the answer:

Quote:WeTek
Technical support form:
Name: Nikki
Topic: Product Features
Subject: 3d support
Hi, Does any of the current Wetek players (for e.g. Wetek Core) is able to play 3d MVC-encoded video (BluRay ISO or remastered into MVK) using Frame Packed output format in full (1080p@24) resolution mode? If now, is such support is planning in the nearest future? I'm interested into a single media player that would be able to play Netflix HD and 3-D movies.

Quote:Helpdesk (WeTek)
Mar 7, 16:59
Dear Mr. Nikki
I just tested it now and yes the Core has no Problem playing this all Wink
For all further questions, do not hesitate to contact us or to visit http://wetekforums.com to find tutorials, alternative ROMs or community support.
Best Regards,
Christian
WeTek Support Team

So, how can I know is MVC+FP work or not?

Pretty weird response, Unless something changed no amlogic-based-tv-players output frame packed 3D currently.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
  • 121(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4