• 122(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2016-04-17, 01:26)nikkikom Wrote: Hi

(2016-04-11, 11:56)noggin Wrote: The Pi 3 also does 3D MVC + Frame Packed output (which my Chromebox and Core don't) but 3D is not a huge issue for me.

I'm kinda lost here. The ability to play 3DBD + FP is critical for me. I asked about it Wetek support few weeks ago, here is the answer:

Quote:WeTek
Technical support form:
Name: Nikki
Topic: Product Features
Subject: 3d support
Hi, Does any of the current Wetek players (for e.g. Wetek Core) is able to play 3d MVC-encoded video (BluRay ISO or remastered into MVK) using Frame Packed output format in full (1080p@24) resolution mode? If now, is such support is planning in the nearest future? I'm interested into a single media player that would be able to play Netflix HD and 3-D movies.

Quote:Helpdesk (WeTek)
Mar 7, 16:59
Dear Mr. Nikki
I just tested it now and yes the Core has no Problem playing this all Wink
For all further questions, do not hesitate to contact us or to visit http://wetekforums.com to find tutorials, alternative ROMs or community support.
Best Regards,
Christian
WeTek Support Team

So, how can I know is MVC+FP work or not?

AIUI the AMLogic SoCs - include the one used in the Core - have MVC decode (so they can playback 3D MVC Full Resolution content) but they only have 2D output resolutions so are limited to half resolution 3D output (and not the 2205x1920 frame packed resolution required for 24p Full HD 3D)

So whilst 3D MVC will play in 3D - I don't think it will play with Frame Packed output. Some people confuse MVC with Frame Packed - they are two separate things...

I'll try both Android and OpenElec on my Core tomorrow.
In addtion to the YouTube and the Core modded Netflix TV OS app.

Looks like JJ-Kwik has started taking requests for Android TV launcher Apps to be "massaged" to work on Android 5.1.1 on the Core:
http://wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/di...oid#latest

Anyone know if I can turn the Wetek Core box ON/OFF with a different wireless remote like this one: http://www.everbuying.net/product1124254.html

Since the remote receiver connects to the USB port, I'm not sure if the Wetek can be turned ON or not. It can probably be turned OFF but can it be turned ON with the remote power button?
(2016-04-22, 01:08)aceisme Wrote: Anyone know if I can turn the Wetek Core box ON/OFF with a different wireless remote like this one: http://www.everbuying.net/product1124254.html

Since the remote receiver connects to the USB port, I'm not sure if the Wetek can be turned ON or not. It can probably be turned OFF but can it be turned ON with the remote power button?
That remote puts it to sleep (Sleep mode, not OFF), but it does NOT wake it up. OFF would be the power cable not attached. You have to use the original remote to wake it up, at least I do. When my new Core comes in I will test it again with that exact same remote. I purchased the one below a few months back and it has been great (which looks the same as the one you showed).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-2-4G-Wirele...1716269947
It would be possible I would think if you ask the WeTek devs. nicely. I know custom Harmony remotes codes have been made to work and there are config files over on the WeTek forums when using Android.

Look like a nice Integrated Keyboard remote that would be worthy of support. Smile

Thanks. It would be good to know how it works. I'm surprised the Core comes with such a crappy remote.
The included remote is one of the better RF Wireless setups, but yes it would have been better if the option of at least a Integrated RF Keyboard remote control were available for sale like MINIX have had for a long time now.

In future we will offer WeTek Keyboard RCU as accessorie, same one which will be used for Play 2S
I've been using the beta firmware with the auto refresh switch and Netflix and sometimes even Kodi seem to behave oddly in 24p. With a movie, it will eventually start having dropped frames (I believe this is what it is. The frame rate drops way down, whatever it's called.), especially in the beginning, but pausing the movie for a second or two and then hitting play seems to fix this. Same thing in Kodi, except it rarely (never?) goes bad on its own but will start looking strange sometimes if you fast forward/rewind or, less often, pause and replay. Again, pausing the file and hitting play again fixes it. Kodi is using its own auto-switching, and is disabled in the new refresh app.

But in Netflix, there are certain things ("Kimmy Schmidt" for example) that can't seem to be fixed, no matter how many times you pause and restart. And even the movie I was watching, once it settled down and I watched for an hour without any frame drops, it suddenly dropped a frame and then when I paused the movie to fix it, the Core's GPU seemed to crash with the screen frozen and same millisecond of audio looping. The whole thing hard locked, and I had to unplug it to stop and reboot. This is with the Android TV version of Netflix.

Maybe these are just beta issues, but figured I'd post it here, since it seems to be the place where the beta firmware is being discussed.
For those interested in HD Audio passthrough on WeTek Core with OpenELEC, here is BETA version, .tar update with OpenELEC 7.0:

WeTek Core - HD Audio passthrough OpenELEC 7.0
(2016-04-26, 01:22)PROF FAART Wrote: I've been using the beta firmware with the auto refresh switch and Netflix and sometimes even Kodi seem to behave oddly in 24p. With a movie, it will eventually start having dropped frames (I believe this is what it is. The frame rate drops way down, whatever it's called.), especially in the beginning, but pausing the movie for a second or two and then hitting play seems to fix this. Same thing in Kodi, except it rarely (never?) goes bad on its own but will start looking strange sometimes if you fast forward/rewind or, less often, pause and replay. Again, pausing the file and hitting play again fixes it. Kodi is using its own auto-switching, and is disabled in the new refresh app.

But in Netflix, there are certain things ("Kimmy Schmidt" for example) that can't seem to be fixed, no matter how many times you pause and restart. And even the movie I was watching, once it settled down and I watched for an hour without any frame drops, it suddenly dropped a frame and then when I paused the movie to fix it, the Core's GPU seemed to crash with the screen frozen and same millisecond of audio looping. The whole thing hard locked, and I had to unplug it to stop and reboot. This is with the Android TV version of Netflix.

Maybe these are just beta issues, but figured I'd post it here, since it seems to be the place where the beta firmware is being discussed.

Have you disabled auto-refresh for Kodi in the 'refresh rate' app?
(2016-04-26, 02:03)ssh_reconnect Wrote: Have you disabled auto-refresh for Kodi in the 'refresh rate' app?

Yep, see last line of the first paragraph. Kodi and Netflix seem to behave similarly: Something knocks them out of "sync" and they start dropping frames. In Netflix, it seems random (micro-stutter from buffering/quality changes? I don't notice any quality change or pause in the video... but maybe?) and happens often. In Kodi, it's definitely tied to REW/FF (happens maybe 50% of the time) and pause, and only happens when there's some sort of interaction from the remote. If I didn't touch anything, I assume Kodi would play perfectly every time.

I should also note that when I say "Kodi," I mean "Wetek Media Player."
(2016-04-26, 01:47)droidelec Wrote: For those interested in HD Audio passthrough on WeTek Core with OpenELEC, here is BETA version, .tar update with OpenELEC 7.0:

A nice surprise this is for all OpenELEC Core owners ! Smile

(2016-04-26, 05:52)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-04-26, 01:47)droidelec Wrote: For those interested in HD Audio passthrough on WeTek Core with OpenELEC, here is BETA version, .tar update with OpenELEC 7.0:

A nice surprise this is for all OpenELEC Core owners ! Smile

Just as I'd installed the new LibreElec release... Downloading now!

Just installed it on my Core.

Sadly I don't get any lossless audio when playing DTS-HD MA content via my Onkyo TX-NR616 amp connected to my Sony UHD 4K TV (1080p output from the Core) I either get silence or stereo PCM.

If I have passthrough of DTS-HD MA enabled I hear my AVR relays click as if the amp is going from stereo into multichannel, but the AVR display sits with the HDMI logo flashing as if it is trying to work out what HDMI signal it is receiving (and never shows the received bitstream logo), and all I hear is silence. This is with content from a number of un-recompressed 1080p Blu-ray rips played from local USB connected storage.

If I disable passthrough and enable Decode True HD to PCM, with a speaker setting of 5.1, I only get PCM 2.0 audio output (not 5.1/7.1).

Kodi log here : http://sprunge.us/haXF

(This was a LibreElec 7.0 Release install upgraded to the HD Audio OpenElec version posted here, via copying the .tar to the update folder and rebooting)

Should add that HD Audio passthrough in Android on my core DOES work.
  • 122(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4