• 128(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2016-05-30, 17:11)MrMC Wrote: little odd, hw decode should never be enabled for dvd playback. if fact there is a check a few lines up that checks for this very thing. Did that check fail ? why ?
Not sure why, but DVD playback, especially Interlaced has been broken ever since I had an AML device, until recently
The check must fail. Someone with more Code knowledge may know the answer....

480/576i Software decoding and quality YADIFx2 suffices for those with 2GHz SoC's.

(2016-05-30, 10:30)wrxtasy Wrote: Feedback for Codesnake...
Looking a LOT better than the last test version DroidELEC. No more stutters when viewing 25/50fps mpeg2/H264 Live TV anymore.

Briefly tested H264, H265 and all passed startup and playback.

However with the fractional FPS test files I have there is a bad video judder around the 41 second mark indicating 23.976fps (96000/4004) video is not using AML Frame Rate Automation Policy 1.

This is confirmed in the Kernel Log, I'm NOT seeing this:
Code:
tv_vout: vout [tv_set_vframe_rate_hint] duration = 4004, policy = 1!
tv_vout: vout [framerate_automation_process] duration = 4004
tv_vout: framerate_automation_process[1046] fps_playing_flag = 0

The Kodi Log looks remarkably clean

This patch needs to go in to force Software decoding of mpeg2 .vob files ie. DVD ISO Rips:
https://github.com/christiantroy/xbmc/co...8291492c4b

As leaving it up to the Hardware decoder and Hardware deinterlacing still results in stuttering playback. The good news is if amcodec is disabled Full Motion Software deinterlacing is the result with smooth video playback.

Good progress for the future of AML using Kodi Krypton Smile

PS. I hope you name the modded decoder WET or WEK !

Yeah, this build is a lot better than the first one. 23,976p is much better in comparison to the first build.
Though some scenes don't play smooth.
Especially in scenic views there's a little.. I call it judder, you can't notice it while conversations between people or something like that,
but you can see it when a motion picture is done from scenery.

Can't find any sample where a helicopter is doing video from nature... that would fit my words "scenic view".
Tested this H.264 1080p/23.976 FPS Sample from http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples
The first countdown shows little stuttering.

@wrxtasy
What I discovered to the 41sec stutter is, when you look at the codecinfo (O) then this stutter happens always when pc (whatever pullup correction pattern means)
goes from "1" to "none", at least for me. But I don't even know what pullup means, so don't kill me if there's no connection between the 41sec stutter and the pc going from 1 to none.

Thank you @codesnake, looks very promising :-)
(2016-05-30, 18:33)lama0900 Wrote:
(2016-05-30, 10:30)wrxtasy Wrote: Feedback for Codesnake...
Looking a LOT better than the last test version DroidELEC. No more stutters when viewing 25/50fps mpeg2/H264 Live TV anymore.

Briefly tested H264, H265 and all passed startup and playback.

However with the fractional FPS test files I have there is a bad video judder around the 41 second mark indicating 23.976fps (96000/4004) video is not using AML Frame Rate Automation Policy 1.

This is confirmed in the Kernel Log, I'm NOT seeing this:
Code:
tv_vout: vout [tv_set_vframe_rate_hint] duration = 4004, policy = 1!
tv_vout: vout [framerate_automation_process] duration = 4004
tv_vout: framerate_automation_process[1046] fps_playing_flag = 0

The Kodi Log looks remarkably clean

This patch needs to go in to force Software decoding of mpeg2 .vob files ie. DVD ISO Rips:
https://github.com/christiantroy/xbmc/co...8291492c4b

As leaving it up to the Hardware decoder and Hardware deinterlacing still results in stuttering playback. The good news is if amcodec is disabled Full Motion Software deinterlacing is the result with smooth video playback.

Good progress for the future of AML using Kodi Krypton Smile

PS. I hope you name the modded decoder WET or WEK !

Yeah, this build is a lot better than the first one. 23,976p is much better in comparison to the first build.
Though some scenes don't play smooth.
Especially in scenic views there's a little.. I call it judder, you can't notice it while conversations between people or something like that,
but you can see it when a motion picture is done from scenery.

Can't find any sample where a helicopter is doing video from nature... that would fit my words "scenic view".
Tested this H.264 1080p/23.976 FPS Sample from http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples
The first countdown shows little stuttering.

@wrxtasy
What I discovered to the 41sec stutter is, when you look at the codecinfo (O) then this stutter happens always when pc (whatever pullup correction pattern means)
goes from "1" to "none", at least for me. But I don't even know what pullup means, so don't kill me if there's no connection between the 41sec stutter and the pc going from 1 to none.

Thank you @codesnake, looks very promising :-)

Any progress to this 41sec judder?
Since old amcodec is used again and just the way how audio/video is synced has changed,
we're back to the old behaviour for watching 23.976p files.
Will this ever get fixed?
Gudday Wrxtasy, ive updated my Wetek Core to your OpenELEC 7.0.0 / Kodi Jarvis 16.1 and i must say that i love it. Thanks for your efforts, im enjoying the improvements and fixes ( what a great little box! ).
Just curious, i cannot access on screen controls since the update ( ie. playback pauses and the options for subs, audio & video settings no longer show on screen ). Am i just being a Pleb or is this something that is a known?
I have not looked yet but I suspect I've accidentally left a remote.xml patch in there from C2 development.

You can get back to usual operations by SSH logging into the Core (password oe) Doh! its ol and:
Copy and pasting this remote.xml file:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Jarvis...remote.xml

Into .kodi/userdata/keymaps

Code:
ssh [email protected]
nano .kodi/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml

CTRL-K to delete whole lines of text
CTRL-O to save  CTRL-X to exit
reboot

Thanks Wrxtasy, do i need to root the Wetek Core to gain ssh access? i have used ssh on my Raspberry Pi2 before, but the Core keeps denying me?
Telnet access without user works and gives you root permission. Not a good thing from a security point of view, but...
(2016-06-21, 01:11)BarryfromOZ Wrote: Thanks Wrxtasy, do i need to root the Wetek Core to gain ssh access? i have used ssh on my Raspberry Pi2 before, but the Core keeps denying me?
Have you enabled SSH and SMB Network access in OpenELEC settings. OE settings found under the Kodi > System menu ?
I see what the problem may be-> try ol for the SSH access password.

Ok, cheers. I was using oe as password, will give it a go tomorrow. Thanks for the support.
Awesome, got the onscreen controls back. i sucked at using ssh to add the remote.xml file. i created a plain txt file and used the kodi file manager to copy it to the keymaps folder. One very happy camper here. Thanks again.
Has anyone here bought the Wetek from Cdn distributor? Sells for $175 and another version with "TV Plus 8.0 media centre 'wicked' " sells for $245.
http://www.xacttv.ca/tvplus/
That "TV Plus 8.0" is running on an older, slower WeTek Play using a modded version of OpenELEC Kodi and a modded version of the Eminence Skin.
This is all Open Source GPL Licensed Software, as they stated on their Website.

X ACT TV will need to provide users / devs. with modded Kodi code sources when requested. Failure to do so will result in some very unhappy Kodi / Skin developers coming after them. WeTek I imagine would also be very unhappy if no OE Kodi code sources are made available upon request.

The Live streaming and VOD / IPTV links provided by that version of Kodi includes filmon.TV, which has had its share of legal issues in the past. You can read about its current legal status here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FilmOn

Looks like X ACT TV are trying to value add on top of OpenELEC Kodi and charge extra for their modifications which is fine if you abide by the GPL Open Source Kodi rules and stream from legal content sources.

(2016-06-27, 04:47)wrxtasy Wrote: That "TV Plus 8.0" is running on an older, slower WeTek Play using a modded version of OpenELEC Kodi and a modded version of the Eminence Skin.
This is all Open Source GPL Licensed Software, as they stated on their Website.

X ACT TV will need to provide users / devs. with modded Kodi code sources when requested. Failure to do so will result in some very unhappy Kodi / Skin developers coming after them. WeTek I imagine would also be very unhappy if no OE Kodi code sources are made available upon request.

The Live streaming and VOD / IPTV links provided by that version of Kodi includes filmon.TV, which has had its share of legal issues in the past. You can read about its current legal status here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FilmOn

Looks like X ACT TV are trying to value add on top of OpenELEC Kodi and charge extra for their modifications which is fine if you abide by the GPL Open Source Kodi rules and stream from legal content sources.

I'm guessing I'd be better of just getting the basic Core from Wetek and doing my own add ons then? I don't have any experience with these things so the info in greatly appreciated.
Hi again, curious to see if anyone else is having issues with trailers from the movie information screen. Trailers play, but without audio, then i sent a few to the Core from my phone and the old trailers played audio but any newer ones wouldn't. Is this just a case of waiting for the YouTube addon to be updated to the current OE? The audio source seems to be the same for the trailers that do and don't work (aac). Also, strangely enough I can't seem to find any other youtube video's that have this issue, everything but trailers will play fine.
A major update is available on WeUpdate

Quote:Changelog:
Introduced new WeTek remote services:
- Web interface,
- VNC server (http://kanaka.github.io/noVNC/noVNC/vnc.html - Host: IP, Port: 5900),
- DLNA

Introduced new launcher features:
- Widgets
- Bing wallpaper

Replaced ES Explorer with a new default file manager

Introduce new WeTek Apps:
- Add 'Net Mounter' application for mounting Samba and NFS shares
- Update WeTek Media Player to 16.1-Jarvis-WeTekMediaPlayer-v3

Android features:
- Include Backup & Restore app
- Add more USB HID devices to WeTek Core Kernel defconfig

As promised the features will not stay exclusive of new units when the "old" can support them as well.
  • 128(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4