• 41(current)
Android ZIDOO X6(Updated October 18st support 3D ISO framepacking via kodi)
Tested... sorry to be the bearer of bad news: no frame-packed 3D and no 23.976 with firmware v1.0.18 (to beta testing group). BTW, make sure you set Zidoo UI to 1080p as it defaulted to 720p for me after firmware update.

I tested with X6 connected directly to my Epson 5025UB 3D PJ, with a short 6ft HDMI cable. This rules out any AVR or long cable issues in between.

23.976 is displayed at either an odd 59.84 or at 60Hz. Frame-packed 3D ISO's play at half-SBS, just like the native player. And just like it, via Kodi the PQ is sub-par and exhibits pixellation, macroblocking and stutters. These issues are much worse than in my screenshot above. One title ('Avatar' 3D) froze for me shortly after the intro scene you see above.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I beginning to think that,Zidoo don't know the meaning of 3D FramePacking.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
HiMedia H8 owners in Futeko forum have reported H8 (same chip) plays 3D ISO's in proper frame-packing mode, so theoretically they and Zidoo should at least be able to support proper 3D via external player solution (not ideal, I know, but something). Assuming Futeko users know what they're talking about with frame-packing (maybe not). I should have my H8 (shipped from UK by Futeko), so 3D will be the first thing I test. The pixellation and macroblocking issues with the native player are also bothersome, especially as that's what both manufacturers are probably leveraging to support 3D via Kodi.
My Family Room Theater
Is the 23.976 playback the same with 2d aswell
Yes, plays at 60, not even 24.
My Family Room Theater
Quick Test.

3D Framepacking is only works with Kodi.
3D Framepacking in File explore doesn't work.

Still Testing
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
You're getting frame-packing with 3D ISOHuh. I also have a BenQ W1070 and can test tomorrow. Don't think my Epson is lying about X6 outputting SBS though, especially as it shows frame-packing with HiMedia Q5 and RPi2, both media players I'm confident are outputting full 3D. Calling on Skank; what are you finding dude? Wink.
My Family Room Theater
3D Frampacking in Kodi is working
The Audio is out of Sync
When playing 3D,Kodi menu is over-sized.
I don't see any pixelation(Still Testing)

Hmm, we need another tester with a different 3D display.
My Family Room Theater
My Giants are playing..
I have tested a few 3D.ISO and all of then work.
The Audio is definitely OUT of sync.
I'm not convinced X6 is actually outputting frame-packed 3D, but would love to be proven wrong. Need additional user feedback.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-10-20, 02:49)hdmkv Wrote: I'm not convinced X6 is actually outputting frame-packed 3D, but would love to be proven wrong. Need additional user feedback.
If you PM me the firmware link, I can check it on my Epson 5020UBe, Samsung and Sony TVs. I hope it is OK with Zidoo.
Edit: I was able to find it.
(2015-10-20, 02:49)hdmkv Wrote: I'm not convinced X6 is actually outputting frame-packed 3D, but would love to be proven wrong. Need additional user feedback.

I can assure you that 3D frame packing is definitely working in kodi. Only in kodi.

Is your PJ set up to Auto?

As I said in the mail:This version is for verify framepacking,you must manual change output to 1080p 24hz.
If still not FP,Please ADB connect X6,adb shell,"cat /sys/class/display/HDMI/3dmode",give us the infomation like the follow pic
We tested eight display devices and they was all support framepacking.
About:
Quote:The Audio is out of Sync,
When playing 3D,Kodi menu is over-sized,
native player can't support framepacking
We are checking it.
BTW:This function must dependent on the underlying SDK,so the other RK3368 boxes impossible to achieve it currently.
I hope that the members of the testing group can provide us more information let us to improve our products.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ZIDOO X6(Updated October 18st support 3D ISO framepacking via kodi)5