• 45(current)
Android ZIDOO X6(Updated October 18st support 3D ISO framepacking via kodi)
(2015-10-20, 23:10)movie78 Wrote: This is why i said FAUX 3D
The 3D playback has no DEPTH,image looks very FLAT just like regular 2D.
Yep, some zadoo is goin' on...
"zadoo" is a Hindi word that translates to "Sorcery, black magic" Smile.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
What I noticed yesterday was, when it was outputting frame packing 3D, Kodi menu was all messed up (over sized). This doesn't happen with SBS output. I had forgotten to select HDMI passthrough in Android settings and after I changed that setting, I wasn't getting frame packing 3D anymore. It was only SBS output.

Now, I do have a Lumagen Video Processor which is capable of conversion between the various 3D formats in the display chain right before input to the wireless transmitter (I have the UBe model). Before I took the posted picture I did check the Lumagen processor for the exact 3D input type and I think I saw Frame Packing as input. It was pretty late in the night and I could have also been "seeing things". So, I will confirm it again later tonight.
Yesterday I got 1 movie to play in 3d, Gravity 3dbd on my Epson projector and X6 was set to 1080/60 but image seemed of lesser quality although pj said frame packed!
Al other movies in 3bd.iso either crashed or played in 2D with or without sound.
Today as mentionend above I tried the 1080/24 setting and no movies played in 3d!
I'd be curious what you see with X6 connected directly to your Epson. I bet same as mine.

I should be getting a HiMedia H8 review unit next week, and I'm really curious to see if its native player is really outputting frame-packed 3D. If yes, things look promising. If not, I'd speculate RK3368 can't really decode MVC.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
So, I hooked up the X6 straight to the Epson projector (even excluded the wireless transmitter) and I am still getting Frame packing 3D output. To me the depth looked fine and the pop out effects were similar or the same as the playback on regular Blu-ray player. I also didn't see any pixelation or other artefacts.

The main issue for me was some 3D movies freeze randomly. For e.g., Hugo freezes within the first 10 seconds. It can definitely be said that 23.976Hz mode doesn't work in this firmware.

This was taken through the 3D glasses.
(2015-10-20, 22:55)hdmkv Wrote: Did further tests today, this time with the '23.976 setting optimize' setting in Zidoo Kodi that mirror88 had mentioned must be enabled (which I'd forgotten to yesterday). Guess what?! Makes no difference at all... I suspect Zidoo X6 is still sending out a HSBS signal with 3D ISO's. The only thing that gives me pause is wesk05's screenshot earlier that shows his Epson 5020UBe displaying 'Frame Packing' and 23.99 (for 23.976) 3D ISO. I have an Epson 5025UB, and so far it has shown 'frame packing' only with RPi2 and HiMedia Q5, both of which I'm certain are passing full, frame-packed 3D.
Did you set the resolution to 1080p24 in Android settings? Frame packing output is available only in that mode. It won't work even if you have refresh rate switching enabled. If the resolution is set to anything else, the output will be SBS.
(2015-10-20, 22:55)hdmkv Wrote: Did further tests today, this time with the '23.976 setting optimize' setting in Zidoo Kodi that mirror88 had mentioned must be enabled (which I'd forgotten to yesterday). Guess what?! Makes no difference at all... I suspect Zidoo X6 is still sending out a HSBS signal with 3D ISO's. The only thing that gives me pause is wesk05's screenshot earlier that shows his Epson 5020UBe displaying 'Frame Packing' and 23.99 (for 23.976) 3D ISO. I have an Epson 5025UB, and so far it has shown 'frame packing' only with RPi2 and HiMedia Q5, both of which I'm certain are passing full, frame-packed 3D.

Zidoo X6 was connected directly to Epson PJ. Tried 3 different HDMI cables, all around 3-6ft.

Here is why I'm suspecting Zidoo isn't really doing frame-packed 3D:
- With my Epson, soon after selecting 3D ISO for playback, two side-by-side images very briefly appear squeezed together
- My Epson's info tab still shows side-by-side, not frame-packing. I play those same ISO's via Pi2 and Q5, then Epson shows frame-packing
- Took X6 to another room where I have BenQ W1070 PJ, connected to it directly, and 3D ISO's do show 'Frame Packing', but I don't think they really are. Why? 'Cause when I try a remuxed 3D 1080p SBS MKV file, BenQ also shows 'Frame Packing' when it's clearly not!
Please change output to 1080P 24HZ in Android settings!This version is for verify framepacking,you must manual change output to 1080p 24hz.
you can check "cat /sys/class/display/HDMI/3dmode"
you will find "1920*1080p-24,321",means your PJ support framepacking on 24HZ
you also find "1920*1080p-60,320" means your PJ just support SBS and TAB 3D on 60HZ
"3" SBS 3D
"2" TAB 3D
"1" Framepacking 3D
"0" can't support

when the famepacking is working,the output is 1920*2205,why it isn't really frame-packed?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2137982

So, as hdmv and other users in this thread, I think the better choose as this moment is cancel zidoo x6 orders, waiting for more stable firmwares or himedia stablest products.
So, as hdmv and other users in this thread, I think the better choose as this moment is cancel zidoo x6 orders, waiting for more stable firmwares or himedia stablest products.
(2015-10-21, 10:15)langostino Wrote: So, as hdmv and other users in this thread, I think the better choose as this moment is cancel zidoo x6 orders, waiting for more stable firmwares or himedia stablest products.

I haven't seen anyone say himedia h8 is working yet. They released firmware but has framepacked been confirmed. Also does it do 23.976
about Optimization 23.976
We chose the other way.
We use an algorithm try to change the video's time sequence and framerate to suit 24HZ output.
so the output is still 24HZ.Because a lot of TV does not support 23.976
You can try to play a FPS test video.You'll find a clear improvement.
But it also has some problems,such as Audio SYNC.we are checking
(2015-10-21, 10:22)goujam Wrote:
(2015-10-21, 10:15)langostino Wrote: So, as hdmv and other users in this thread, I think the better choose as this moment is cancel zidoo x6 orders, waiting for more stable firmwares or himedia stablest products.

I haven't seen anyone say himedia h8 is working yet. They released firmware but has framepacked been confirmed. Also does it do 23.976

I think about Himedia Q5/Q10, not H8.
Mirror, any comments on my test results...
I test it so you can look into ityou know..

Hdmkv, indeed did you set 1080p24 in android setting? If not, you wont get 3d framepack

I do get framepack with my sony hw30
One thing, if you start movie, dont press start main menu but press start in 3d mode

First gives me sbs
Second gives framepacking
@mirror
1080p TVs or projectores hdmi 1.4, dont Support 1920x2205 Resolution.

I had black screen error in age of ultrons menu 3D.
The solution was use Option to force 3D ( oppo103D feature)
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

• 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ZIDOO X6(Updated October 18st support 3D ISO framepacking via kodi)5