• 1(current)
Mod skin.arctic.zephyr.braz (updated for Krypton)
***Discontinued. This mod is only partially updated for Kodi 17. Recommend using the original skin or one of the mods that is being actively developed.

I recently switched from Mimic to Arctic Zephyr on my main htpc and started modding it for personal use. Wasn't planning on sharing it as my changes may not have widespread appeal. Some of the Mimic users asked for it though, so here it is. Smile

watch gallery

Here's an overview of what I've done so far...
  • Updated skin for Kodi 16 Jarvis
  • Skinned EventLog.xml
  • Made dark with light dialogs the default theme and removed 2 others
  • Changed font to Webly Sleek UI and removed other fonts
  • Reconfigured the color customizer dialog
  • Added support for weather icon addons
  • Replaced .gif spinners with .png ones (fixes problem with .gif on Windows 10)
  • Set textboxes to align left
  • Reformatted view menu labels and added player controls
  • Extended "press up for fullscreen plot" to all info screens (music, addons, extendedinfo)
  • Redesigned global search dialog and skinned the info dialog and context menu
  • Converted widgets to new method and added option to use icon aspect ratio (poster, square, or landscape)

*Compatible with Kodi 16 Jarvis only. If you try to run it on Isengard you will find some windows missing. Recommend installing Arctic Zephyr from the repo first, then manually unzipping this mod to your addons folder.

The new widgets require the latest versions of script.skinshortcuts and script.skin.helper.service. Available on github until they are accepted in the Kodi repo.

https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts
https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...er.service

Source: https://github.com/braz96/skin.arctic.zephyr.braz

Thanks to JurialMunkey for an awesome skin!
I went to your link and downloaded your zip file, tried to install but dependencies not met. Using Kodi 15.1 on windows 7 64 bit computer.
"Updated skin for Kodi 16 Jarvis"

I'm sure you could simply unpack it and move the folder to your addons folder.
Lusephur, that worked, thanks. Will test it now....
Nice take on the skin!

Should this be considered a WIP or has it been modded to your liking and is done?

Just wondering.
(2015-09-16, 16:04)Scott00007 Wrote: Nice take on the skin!

Should this be considered a WIP or has it been modded to your liking and is done?

Just wondering.
It will probably always be a work in progress as I can't seem to stop tinkering. Smile

I just started modding it a couple of days ago, so definitely more updates to come.
Forgot that I also added player controls to the view menu...

Awesome braz, thank you! I will definitely keep an eye out for what more you bring to this skin!

Regards,

Bart
(2015-09-16, 19:50)braz Wrote:
(2015-09-16, 16:04)Scott00007 Wrote: Nice take on the skin!

Just wondering.
It will probably always be a work in progress as I can't seem to stop tinkering. Smile

I just started modding it a couple of days ago, so definitely more updates to come.

Great to hear....I can't wait to see your take on the concept.
Still needs more work, but added a custom window to choose the view modes....

Update: Reconfigured the menu and changed the arrows so they only show when there are more items in either direction.
Also added support for Big Icons at the Artist level and Thumbnails view for AddonBrowser.xml.

Just pushed another update that adds Big Icons view for programs and addons...

Added video genre icons...adapted from the resource.images.moviegenreicons.white addon. These have transparent backgrounds and are included with the skin.

Great work! Nod

Looking forward to using the resource stuff in Jarvis. Those weather icons are fantastic. Interested to see how this mod develops - can see myself stealing a few things Wink :p
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2015-09-19, 05:02)jurialmunkey Wrote: Great work! Nod

Looking forward to using the resource stuff in Jarvis. Those weather icons are fantastic. Interested to see how this mod develops - can see myself stealing a few things Wink :p

Thanks Jurial, use anything you like. Also changed the weather fanart button to select from the installed weather fanart addons.

I used the new Container(id).HasNext / HasPrevious for grouplists to conditionally hide the up/down arrows on the view menu. Works great. Not sure I'm satisfied with my EventLog.xml, I'm sure you'll design a better one. Wink
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin.arctic.zephyr.braz (updated for Krypton)5