Req Save playlist and position, resume later
I have been trying hard to write an add-on that would save the current music playlist, current track and track position and resume later from the add-on (by assigning this resume function to a key/button). I have been able to do everything except for saving the current playlist name. Apparently JSON RPC doesn't expose this functionality and there's no other way to get the playlist name, although this function was supported by HTTP API earlier, which is now deprecated.

Every other media player I have used offers this resume playback functionality, it is quite surprising an amazing player like Kodi doesn't offer the same !

It would be great if Kodi could offer this functionality through GUI (in Music Settings) and let users assign a button/key to resume playback once Kodi is relaunched.

Regardless, it is very much desirable to have this function available through JSON RPC as, it will allow add-ons to customize it further.

Thanks.
Totally gets my vote.
and mine
Mine too
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...id=2143806
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
+1. Can it also delete or remember played songs from the playlist?
The whole playlist management in kodi could really use some overhaul.
I signed up for the community board specifically to post this feature request so it's great to see that others have already asked for it. It's really annoying that I can set up a 100+-song playlist (auto-playlists are great for this) but then I have to manually remember where I am if I play a video or need to stop/re-start Kodi.
+10
+10000000 - must have this feature!!!
Pretty please Smile

Now I am using Kodi as my full time music player this feature would be extremely useful. It's quite frustrating to lose the current playlist if I quit/crash Kodi. Even better if on entering the current playlist it defaults to the last played track (instead of assigning it to a keypress as others have requested).
Second this!
This would be fantastic!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Save playlist and position, resume later5