Req KODI on Samsung Tizen TV's
(2023-05-16, 01:26)cftt Wrote: Kodi for webos (LG smartTV) seems very active...
But still no dev for Tizen (wamsungTV) Huh sad

Hope someone will try to port kodi on tizen ;-)

do you have any information to add for the creation of this? from what (little) i looked at apps for tizen seem to be all html/javascript with some wasm mixed in

not something you can simply compile kodi to run from, needs at least some binary

not to mention kodi and html/javascript is a pretty much non-existent relationship, it doesnt even have a web viewer available to skinners
(2023-05-16, 02:26)jepsizofye Wrote:

do you have any information to add for the creation of this? from what (little) i looked at apps for tizen seem to be all html/javascript with some wasm mixed in

not something you can simply compile kodi to run from, needs at least some binary

not to mention kodi and html/javascript is a pretty much non-existent relationship, it doesnt even have a web viewer available to skinners

I did read a while ago, you can make tizen apps with c and c++, I've never tried only with javascript using react.
(2023-05-16, 18:28)Sidewinder_2011 Wrote:
(2023-05-16, 02:26)jepsizofye Wrote:

I did read a while ago, you can make tizen apps with c and c++, I've never tried only with javascript using react.

you are correct, it seems the only ones ive investigated are web apps

gcc is "available" so it may be a case of needing a host app like the one used for android which handles the very basic os stuff to get kodi loaded - https://developer.tizen.org/community/ti...pplication

seems like quite a task but might be worth it in the end, ill do some research but until this month i always treated my samsung tv as a "dumb" tv rather than use its smart features so i dont know how far i can get

-----
EDIT:

i think im already at a wall, i have no shell or root access to it so testing would be extremely difficult

there seems to be the possibility to run tizen os on a raspberry pi but i fail to see how developing for tizen on pi would be of any use since its completely different hardware

you would just end up with a kodi that runs on a pi which you dont need tizen for

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI on Samsung Tizen TV's0