Install issue
Sorry, but I don't understand what's your problem. My test files has the same filename like yours, season and episode number are recognized correctly. So it works with your regex (the same regex you have to additionally add for Kodi).

Please explain me what's not working with this setting.
When you download an episode of a tvshow, the filename includes the show title, season number and episode number....for example - Lost.Girl.S05E11.HDTV.x264-KILLERS.mp4 - EMM can get showname, season and episode number. From that info it can easily create the nfo file and look for the thumbnail on line. In my case I use renamer and rename to XX - episodename.ext and then save it in appropriate show name folder/season folder THEN I run EMM but it cannot know the showname and season from just the episode number and name. The big question is, how did old version of EMM get these details ?

The executable of old EMM I used to use is dated 27/01/2023 and is 2427kb...V1.3.0.9

In fact I still have it because I did a fresh install of Win8.1 and everything is in Windows.old folder. At worst I can use that...
The Showname will be read from "Ember-TV-Source\Showname\". All files that will be found in a "tv show" folder will be handled as episode of this tv show (same like in all older versions of Ember). Ember never has and never will get tv show name from episode files.

We only have changed the regex system for season and episode numbers. Currently we use the same system like in Kodi. Kodi does not support season number from season as default, so you have to add your own regex to Kodi AdvancedSettings and to the regex list in Ember (same regex, but we need a proper escaping of special characters).

It is irrelevant as it has worked in previous versions. The system was overhauled and the new works without problems.

The episodes files are recognized correctly for tv show name, season and episode number. The only thing you have to do is scrape the whole tv show one time to get the TVDB ID, all later added episodes will be scraped automatically while Ember DB update.

Also Ember has an own renamer module and you can setup the pattern to rename the episodes files in Ember like you do with your renamer.
Where should "Ember-TV-Source\Showname\" be ? Should Ember folder contain a folder with that name ?

In Kodi I have

Code:
<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
     <regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

in advancedsettings.xml but that regex doesn't work in Ember....should it ?

The "old" Ember I have in Windows.old is self-contained in a folder and still works fine (I just tried it).
As i've wrote in Post #12, this regex works also for Ember, but for Ember you have to also escape the character /.
Please read this post and try it again.

Also Ember and Kodi need tv show folders in the root of each tv show source you've added:

DefinedSourcePath\tv show name1\epfiles.ext
or
DefinedSourcePath\tv show name\season folder\epfiles.ext

Kodi also support tv shources that only contains the episode files of ONE tv show:

DefinedSourcePath(tv show name)\epfiles.ext.

In any (!) case, the tv show name is only recognized by tv show folder. No tv show name from episode file name, no tv show name from episode.nfo.
-deleted, wrong thread-
Today I started from scratch - literally. I uninstalled EMM and any file it left behind. Then reinstalled EMM and the regex string and......it works! Obviously I had a mistake in it....but why can't I just copy/paste the string you gave me ? It is very easy to make a mistake.

Thank you for all the advice and the patience.
Great, np!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Install issue0