Warning Kodi does not work on iOS 9 yet!
Hi all
Updated my phone to iOS 9 and tried to run kodi on it but it won't load up now more just springs me out all the time I try and load it
Is there a fix that I can do to sort this
Hope
Someone can help
Thanks

edit by memphiz: official investigation why kodi doesn't work on ios9 to be found here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2109853
iOS 9 isn't supported yet. Technically, we don't support any version of iOS until it is actually jailbroken, so any questions about non-jailbroken versions will most likely go ignored.
I wonder how you even got kodi installed on the non-jailbroken device...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
The is a solution to sideload own apps to iOS devices through Xcode 7.0...

http://bouk.co/blog/sideload-iphone/

I hope there will be easy ways to do this by a non-developer like me. Much things I just didn't understand...
I used app called ipastore
Ahh interesting ... could you provide the crashreport? I am pretty sure ipastore is not up to the task to do a valid full sign of our kodi app hahaha. Idiots ...

Well what NedScott said ...

Also I really wonder why apple didn't take down that service yet. Its clearly against the license of using an enterprise certificate.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Hey Memphiz,

Just tried to sideload Kodi on my iOS9 device and it crashes at load with this fatal error in XCode :
Code:
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib
  Referenced from: /var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/66BE2C16-94BF-46DC-9D23-149335AF65B2/Kodi.app/Kodi
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
    /var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/66BE2C16-94BF-46DC-9D23-149335AF65B2/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib: mmap() error 22 at address=0x04F5B000, size=0x00190660 segment=__LINKEDIT in Segment::map() mapping /var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/66BE2C16-94BF-46DC-9D23-149335AF65B2/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib
    /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/66BE2C16-94BF-46DC-9D23-149335AF65B2/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib: mmap() error 22 at address=0x054CF000, size=0x00190660 segment=__LINKEDIT in Segment::map() mapping /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/66BE2C16-94BF-46DC-9D23-149335AF65B2/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib
(lldb)

Not sure if that helps ...

Let me just add that this is a fresh git clone which compiled without any errors or issues at all.
Yes its a signing issue ... You should really read that READM.ios (nearly at the end of the file) where it states how to deploy on non-jailbroken devices. You need to follow it to ensure that the full sign step is performed which gets rid of this signing issue.

Code:
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib
  Referenced from: /var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/1ACCDDB7-1C8E-48B8-A2FA-4F345F48DD09/Kodi.app/Kodi
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
    /var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/1ACCDDB7-1C8E-48B8-A2FA-4F345F48DD09/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib: mmap() error 1 at address=0x04AF4000, size=0x003C0000 segment=__TEXT in Segment::map() mapping /var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/1ACCDDB7-1C8E-48B8-A2FA-4F345F48DD09/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib
    /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/1ACCDDB7-1C8E-48B8-A2FA-4F345F48DD09/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib: mmap() error 1 at address=0x0505C000, size=0x003C0000 segment=__TEXT in Segment::map() mapping /private/var/mobile/Containers/Bundle/Application/1ACCDDB7-1C8E-48B8-A2FA-4F345F48DD09/Kodi.app/Frameworks/libsmbclient.dylib
(lldb)

Yah, I did that, so not sure why it happens. Didn't had this issue on 8.4 - sorry for being a pain in the a**.
It missed signing the internal libs like libsmbclient
I'm getting the same issue with it not doing the codesigning even though it's all selected. I get the libsmbclient fail as well. Every time. Even when I'm using my paid developer account selections.
see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/cffd...dfb1dea9a2
So what exactly am I supposed to do with this - https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/cffd...dfb1dea9a2
Is this supposed to something I need to process after the terminal build phase is complete and prior to launching Xcode?
open tools/darwin/Support/Codesign.command, it's there in the xcode project.
make the changes, done.

google diff and patch Smile
I updated the readme which tells you what do to ... you need to select the iPhone Developer identity from now on ... if apple now calls it "iOS Developer" instead *cough* - you would need to alter the codesign script to check for this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Warning Kodi does not work on iOS 9 yet!0