Warning Kodi does not work on iOS 9 yet!
(2015-09-20, 20:06)Memphiz Wrote: Which dylib? If it is libsmbclient - then its signing issue (select iOS Developer in all 4 Spots of the signing identity in the Xcode project) - if its about videotoolbox and only when not running in the Debugger then its what i have written in my Last Post - i also am assuming that you Applied my Commit from some posts back which Sets the deployment Target to 8.0 - else it will also not work (and giving an error with libsmbclient aswell )

It is libsmbclient, but i did defined the iOS developer on all 4 spots (it was working well on previous xCode by the way).

I cannot understand what i am missing. It should be simple process.
Did you apply my Commit from some posts ago or not?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-09-20, 20:18)Memphiz Wrote: Did you apply my Commit from some posts ago or not?

I have fund the cause. It seems there was a conflict between few developer certificates.
Now all works.

Much appreciated.
Man... You are the best. All working perfectly on my new iOS 9.
I have learned something... :-)
(2015-09-20, 19:56)Memphiz Wrote: 1. i am also a paying ios developer and have my cert and profile in place with no issues
2. Apple removed a backward compatibility thing with video toolbox as it seems - to be able to run without xcode you need to comment this line and simply run the build in xcode again:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ommand#L81

this one is also not the final solution as it will break compatibility with ios5.1 again ... narf

@Memphiz: Thanks bud, that was definitely the issue as I have it working now on iPhone 5S with iOS 9 and iPad Air 2 with Public Beta 9.1. If you ever need a tester let me know, I have lots of iDevices (iPhone 4, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6S (as soon as its out), iPad Air 2). Also, I would be willing to put in time (development/testing/anything really) if there is any glimpse of hope on getting this working in tvOS, I might start dabbing around with that when its released.
Looks like you can't install any outside add-ons in this build (latest master), not sure if it's a bug or intended. Was only able to install the add-ons that come with Kodi.

Tried to upload add on file via iTunes, didn't work. Tried to add add-on via samba share not working either.

I tried on both iPhone 5S (iOS 9) and iPad Air 2 (iOS 9.1)

I was able to connect to my local library and play videos.
(2015-09-20, 19:56)Memphiz Wrote: 1. i am also a paying ios developer and have my cert and profile in place with no issues
2. Apple removed a backward compatibility thing with video toolbox as it seems - to be able to run without xcode you need to comment this line and simply run the build in xcode again:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ommand#L81

this one is also not the final solution as it will break compatibility with ios5.1 again ... narf

Thank you for all your effort to support us!! With your instructions and patches it's working fine on my ipad mini2 and iphone with iOS 9
@Memphiz: Found another bug. External output via airplay is messed up in iOS 9, the image is sideways. Looks like external output needs to be adjusted again, was looking through your commits to see if I can figure out the problem and how to fix, I changed the below line to use the portrait mode and it started working properly. I imagine there has to be a more accurate way to do this, but I have no clue :-)

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/66f73f...er.mm#L101

I ended up changing it to portrait and the TV Out started working properly.
Make the if conditions check for ios < 9.0 is the proper way - also for the addons stuff - this is because the "IsIosSandboxed" check is not up to Date - apple changed the locations of sandboxed Apps ... (Check darwinutils IsIosSandboxed)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
closed and superseeded by:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=239610

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Warning Kodi does not work on iOS 9 yet!0