-West Serial
--A-E
---Almost human
---Alcatraz
--F-J
---Falling Skies
---Fear the Walking Dead
etc

Whenever i Scan i always get non existing serials because of that parent name, such as

"Extreme A&E" from A-E

So i exclude A-E using regex in advancedsettings..
Code:
<video>
  <excludetvshowsfromscan>
<regexp>[!-._ \\/]A-E[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</excludetvshowsfromscan>
</video>

problem is now any new items under that path is not scanned, the log says it's because the full path matches the regex rule..

Is there a workaround for this?
Changing parent name is kinda short term solution because one day there might be a tvshow with similar names..

I've thought about changing sources.xml, but then the alphabet is flatted and makes the navigation harder..
Scan the A-E folder first, then exclude it from updates using the set content window. Other than that, I haven't figured out a good way to do something like that, where a sub-folder creates a false positive.

EDIT: alternatively, throw something in the folder name to really confuse the scraper. Maybe some unicode character like the smiling poop emoji:

Code:
→ A-E

EDIT EDIT: the forum does not like smiling poop emoji. OSes might not like it either. Maybe something else? Just a thought.
(2015-09-19, 07:03)Ned Scott Wrote: Scan the A-E folder first, then exclude it from updates using the set content window. Other than that, I haven't figured out a good way to do something like that, where a sub-folder creates a false positive.

EDIT: alternatively, throw something in the folder name to really confuse the scraper. Maybe some unicode character like the smiling poop emoji:

Code:
→ A-E

EDIT EDIT: the forum does not like smiling poop emoji. OSes might not like it either. Maybe something else? Just a thought.

Hmm changing the parent name means I have to re-scrap the whole library for that path right? or is there another way to do it without rescraping again?
Not that I know of. At least not easily.
(2015-09-19, 21:05)Ned Scott Wrote: Not that I know of. At least not easily.

Tried this.. seems to work

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Update_SQL_...files_move

Just gonna post it here, Hope it helps others with the same problem

But it's not the most ideal solution IMO because one day there might be a library item with the similar name...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Exclude parent name folder from scan?0