Req Displaying artist art when airplay music
Possible to support to display artistart when airplay music to Kodi?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
does it work with appletv?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
No clue, I don't have one.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
What you request doesn't really has anything to do with the aiplay protocol then i guess? maybe you could define a bit more deep what you are after. Afaik we already use any information we can get via airplay during music streaming...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I don't know whether it has anything to do with the airplay protocol. Let me describe though what I am after. When I play music within Kodi, Kodi can display in the background the artistart (i.e., fanart that is associated with a specific artist). This is an existing feature and looks very nice. I am wondering whether it is possible to display artistart as background when using airplay to stream to Kodi.
I mean obviously not.

When you add music to your kodi library directly, it scrapes the artists and downloads artwork, same as for movies and tv

When you airplay, where is it going to get the art from?
yep what he says - we only get the metadata from the airplay sender which is made of artist, album, songname, albumart, duration
@TO

What about the "artist slideshow"-Addon? This Addon shows Artist Pictures According to the Played song. This Works also with Webradio as long the Stream provides the needed Information (i.e. Song and Artistname). No Idea if this also would work with Airplay, but maby its worth a Try. (Not all Skins support this Addon.)

A other Idea would be to Let Kodi automaticly search for Fanart in the DB according to to the played Artist / Song if Airplay plays Music. (-> This would need a Def whos interested in such a Feature i guess.)
Not Shure if "Artist slideshow" is also able to search localy (If you prefere Local Artwork), maby its worth a try.
So, almost 3 years later I've got the same question (or issue) - I'm using AirAudio to play music through my phone to kodi's airplay.
When listening to internet radio or Spotify on Kodi, artist slideshow works just fine. It displays fanart when correct information is listed under artist / track fields.
Kodi's airplay correctly displays this info from my phone via airplay and i get the info on my music visualization screen while playing. But artist slideshow doesn't work when playing throug airplay.

I'm using Estuary mod on Leia.

I'm not sure if this is a skin thing or artist slideshow thing. Maybe @pkscout or @Guilouz could check it out if they have the time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Displaying artist art when airplay music0