Panel view as default view option?
Hello,

I'm quite new to Kodi (two laptops running Isengard and one media box (MyGica) running Kodi 14.

The only thing that has stumped me so far, is how to change the default view for all screens from list/big list to Panel/Big Panel.

Now, I'm not sure if that's a skin specific setting, however I've seen instructions for Kodi 14 that say to go to the skin's folder to make changes. However it seems as though with 15 (Isengard) this entire method doesn't exist anymore.

Within BGN's Settings > Skin Settings > General, there is a default view option, however it only offers List/Large List/Low list as the available options, yet if I manually choose (for tv and movies for example), Panel/Big Panel are the two options I want.

How do I set the default view for ALL media selection windows to Panel/Big Panel ?
This cannot be done for technical reasons. It's a shortcoming of the kodi engine.
The default view must be a "list" control and the panel views are not (they are "panels" controls).

Tgx
Is this as of Kodi 15?

Because I've seen instructions on how to edit my**nav.xml files and change the default view via that method.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=133342

Honestly curious.
It does not work.

If you do not trust me... try
nono, it's not that I don't trust you, I'm curious how others were able to get it to work. I'm truly curious about the technical reasons for this limitation.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Panel view as default view option?0