• 2(current)
[OFFICIAL] MPlayer.dll development branch feedback.
Thumbs Down 
Soluzar Wrote:...it's the only new feature I'm interested in
Textbook narcissism.

Here's a couple of quote from the XBMC FAQ for you to think about before asking for something:
Quote:Question: Where can I suggest/request a new feature or function to be implemented into XBMC?
Answer: You can log a NEW feature/function request in our RFE Request Feature Tracking System, (you must register and be logged-in on SourceForge.net before you can do this). Just make sure that you first remember to search for existing "Feature Requests" before logging a new request! You should take note that we guesstimate that 99% of all new requests XBMC users post have already been requested before so it is imperative that you search thoroughly! You may also post a copy of your suggestion in the feature-suggestion section of our community-forums if you want it open for discussion, however, again you must search there too before you can post, (we do not enjoy reorganising duplicate posts). Please respect that your request only counts as a suggestion, there' s no guarantee that it will implemented soon or ever. Known that almost all users think their own ideas is the most important, and a very common comment is: "if you only add these features then XBMC will be perfect for me". Note! Only one feature per RFE Request and Forum Thread is allowed (for easier manageability).
Quote:Question: When will this and that feature or function be supported by XBMC?
Answer: Tomorrow, in a year, never... who knows! XBMC is a non-profit hobby project that is only developed by volunteers in their spare-time for free, none of us get paid to develop new features/functions/formats/codecs for XBMC meaning we foremost prioritize the things we ourselves what to see and use in XBMC. You as an end-user of who do not yourself contribute source code patches to the XBMC project have no rights to demand new things to be implemented and get no garantees that some specific thing will be prioritized before something else, you may however suggest/request for things and if you ask nicely then maybe someday a developer might like your idea and implement the thing you asked for. We do appriciate your ideas, opinions and feedback if they are presented in a good way, so it is possible to lobby for something specific, just don't be a jerk about it, arrogant and 'pushy' people will most likely just be ignored (or even banned if they step over the line which we consider to be acceptable). Known that almost all users think their own ideas is the most important, and a very common comment is: "if you only add these features then XBMC will be perfect for me". If you can not accept the possibility that your thing might never make it into XBMC then you just have to bite the bullit and learn how to program C/C++ to be able to code it yourself, (see the "Appendix D: Development Notes" section of this manual).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
uploaded testing (January 4th 2007) mplayer.dll to xbmc player folder for
XBMC-SVN_2007-01-01_rev7469-T3CH-PROPER

when trying to play 2 hrs 23 mins at 700mb xyz.mp4 x264 nero avc1 results are as follows

I tried to search forward and the file restarted from the beggining.

after a minute or so, the playback is choppy and the audio studders and seems to stop.

location is on laptop on network, kills laptop cpu(100%) when it starts studdering after 1 min.

Displays Quicktime/MOV detected on startup.

I came over from

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=565283

Hope this helps. This thread bookmarked.
I've been testing the new mplayer dll and found definite improvements in h264 decoding speed/playback, with so far no new bugs encountered (both from a self compiled version on 2006.12.27 and the dll downloaded from the start of this thread)...

I am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to tweaking codec settings for encoding - I have been using Staxrip for encoding DVD rips to H264, using Sharktooth's Xbox Hi-res profile (no CABAC or deblocking) to avoid dropped frames.

I have now found that I am able to encode using the Xbox Lo-res profile (Sharktooth's once again), which enables CABAC and deblocking, though I have to disable deblocking. The lo-res profile also alters other settings, such as using b-frame pyramid and weighted prediction, that aren't used in the hi-res profile.

I have converted some PAL DVDs (16:9 tv series) to H264 at 720x400 res, using AC3 2.0, aac and mp3 audio in different test files, at approx 1250 kbps avg (video) bitrate. All have played without any dropped frames so far, from HDD and via SMB or ccx over a LAN (AC3 passed to an amp for decoding though).

I'm currently encoding another PAL DVD of a 4:3 tv series to H264 @ 704x528 res - approx 2000kbps video bitrate, with mp3 sound using the same settings... fingers crossed it plays fine too...

Hope this helps any other relative noobs out there who want decent quality encodes but still use an all-in-one type gui like Staxrip - Sharktooth's profiles can also be imported into megui.

A huge thankyou to elupus and any other developers who have worked on porting the mplayer updates to xbmc... you just keep on making an already great app even better Big Grin
kremb: and this doesn't occur in the original mplayer.dll? this time around i'm only aming to get it as good as original.

jetskijoe: think you can find me a small sample?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Gamester17 Wrote:Textbook narcissism.
No need to be unpleasant about it. Except the part where you clearly enjoy doing so, amirite?
I know is not a complete update, but it's usable? I has some "conflictive" mp4 videos that i can not be able to play correctly on XBox and maybe i could help telling how is it improved and reporting log (first i have to know how to report logs :p ). What i have to do, just rename mplayer.dll for mplayer_old.dll and copy the new one?
yes, and same for the codecs.conf file.

elupus Wrote:kremb: and this doesn't occur in the original mplayer.dll? this time around i'm only aming to get it as good as original.

jetskijoe: think you can find me a small sample?

Thank you but I think I hada bad build of the dll. I just got the new dll and rebuild it and everything seems to work now.

Thanks again for the great software

Jetskijoe
elupus Wrote:2007-01-07: nothing major changed, fixed some streaming issues for wma/wmv over http.
http://xboxmediacenter.com/upload/mplayer_070107.zip

With the 070107-version I cannot disable deblocking. Adding the necessary line (lavdopts=skiploopfilter=all) to mplayer.conf or using an extra file (*.conf) makes no difference.
Same here deblocking is default enabled with or without changes
ok, thanx. will se why that might be, I did do some changes in that area so.

I get some errors

23:02:31 M: 25567232 SEVERE: DLL: Q:\system\players\mplayer\mplayer.dll : malloc failed, crash imminent (Out of memory requesting 39920697 bytes)
23:02:31 M: 25567232 ERROR: CMPlayer::OpenFile : Access violation at 0x003448f3: Writing location 0x00000000

after opening an .mkv containing RealVideo.
In some cases I get strange artefacts when I'm using lavdopts=skiploopfilter=all. The actual situation is worse than the picture shows. By changing the the line to lavdopts=skiploopfilter=bidir, the artefacts are gone. Too bad that only the deblocking of b-frames will be skipped then.

@mironicus,
that's really weird. that message means that mplayer needs nearly 40M to load itself into memory (and you only have 25M free at the time). but as far as i know mplayer it shouldnt need anything near that. it may be because external binary codecs are needed for realvideo, but that still seems like an aweful lot.
kraqh, elupus said that there are currently issues with the mkv demuxer so its probably a random, bollocks malloc size.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OFFICIAL] MPlayer.dll development branch feedback.0