• 5(current)
[Release] Internet Archive ROM Launcher
Not my main language too, but i see the point, will try that. Thx !

And for zachmorris, there is no problem with Gamesome Frontend, no need to exit retroarch before playing an other game. So i've checked what he does and he uses Android intent instead of command line. Here is the config for SNES with SNES9X for exemple :

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
<name>RetroArch (SNES9x)</name>
<package_name>com.retroarch</package_name>
<component_name>com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture</component_name>
<action>android.intent.action.MAIN</action>
<category>android.intent.category.LAUNCHER</category>
<extra>
<key>ROM</key>
<value>%ROMFILE%</value>
<type>string</type>
</extra>
<extra>
<key>LIBRETRO</key>
<value>/data/data/com.retroarch/cores/snes9x_libretro_android.so</value>
<type>string</type>
</extra>
<extra>
<key>CONFIGFILE</key>
<value>/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.retroarch/files/retroarch.cfg</value>
<type>string</type>
</extra>
<extra>
<key>IME</key>
<value>%CURRENT_IME%</value>
<type>string</type>
</extra>
<extra>
<key>DATADIR</key>
<value>%APP_DATA_DIR%</value>
<type>string</type>
</extra>
</configuration>

It's only configuration but maybe it can help you check that way.
(2016-01-26, 00:03)Nacros Wrote: Some more tests :
GBA (VBA Next) : OK
Master System, Game Gear, Genesis (Genesis core) : OK
NES (Nestopia) : OK
Arcade (MAME) : KO
N64 (Mupen) : KO
MSX (MSX.EMU fMSX ?) : KO

These are known retroarch's issues, not IARL's. I have read in RA forums that latest MAME cores works on Lollipop only, but you could search and try older versions. I have an old mame 2003 core that works fine. For mupen64 you should try to update the core, latest nightly version works for me.
(2016-01-26, 20:25)ghizzu Wrote:
(2016-01-26, 00:03)Nacros Wrote: Some more tests :
GBA (VBA Next) : OK
Master System, Game Gear, Genesis (Genesis core) : OK
NES (Nestopia) : OK
Arcade (MAME) : KO
N64 (Mupen) : KO
MSX (MSX.EMU fMSX ?) : KO

These are known retroarch's issues, not IARL's. I have read in RA forums that latest MAME cores works on Lollipop only, but you could search and try older versions. I have an old mame 2003 core that works fine. For mupen64 you should try to update the core, latest nightly version works for me.

Right, Mupen works after an update of the core.
hey all,
just found this addon and its seems great....
i followed the guide and everytime i try to "update ext launcher command" im getting an error.
i tried couple of emulators and im getting the same error.
with retroarch and launchbox it works great.

log: http://xbmclogs.com/pnrri6gu7

thanks

EDIT: i tried editing the <emu_ext_launch_cmd> command in xml file: "Atari_2600_ZachMorris.xml"

with "%APP_PATH%\retroarch.exe" -L "%APP_PATH%\cores\stella_libretro.dll" "%ROM_PATH%" (with or without the quotes)
OR
RetroArch Stella (Atari)

didnt work also

EDIT2: i replaced the %apppath% manually and it works!!!

BRILLIANT ADDON, thanks Big Grin
(2016-01-29, 12:55)hasamba Wrote: hey all,
just found this addon and its seems great....
i followed the guide and everytime i try to "update ext launcher command" im getting an error.
i tried couple of emulators and im getting the same error.
with retroarch and launchbox it works great.

Yeah, I inadvertently introduced a bug in version 1.4.2. It should be fixed in 1.4.3 which is available now. Changes for 1.4.3:
- Fixed bug in external launch function
- Added best of TG16
- Rescraped GBC (963 Games Filtered, 1416 Games Unfiltered)
- Added close button to search window
- Removed hidden archives from search list
- Removed hidden archives from random play list
I've installed RetroArch, pointed this add-on to it's .exe and added the cores/roms within retroarch. Clicking "Launch" on any game whether already installed or not results in a flash of the screen then nothing

Edit: Here is what I get when attempting to open a rom for SNES which plays fine outside of the add-on
http://pastebin.com/raw/STDHRagT

Edit2: Specifically what flashes on the screen is the visualizer milkdrop that plays when you play music. Again all games play fine within retroarch directly.
I am on the default skin(for testing), running as admin and just done a fresh re-install of the add-on removing all leftover files
(2016-02-01, 00:33)dcquence Wrote: I've installed RetroArch, pointed this add-on to it's .exe and added the cores/roms within retroarch. Clicking "Launch" on any game whether already installed or not results in a flash of the screen then nothing

Edit: Here is what I get when attempting to open a rom for SNES which plays fine outside of the add-on

Edit2: Specifically what flashes on the screen is the visualizer milkdrop that plays when you play music. Again all games play fine within retroarch directly.
I am on the default skin(for testing), running as admin and just done a fresh re-install of the add-on removing all leftover files

By default, the addon will try to play the game in Kodi directly (using Retroplayer, which will at some point be included in Kodi directly). By changing to external, it should try to use Retroarch.

Looks like there's one step missed. From the wiki:
Bring up the context menu (right click or press C on your keyboard) and select ‘Update Launcher’.
Select External Launcher. After updating the setting, a message should popup stating the setting was updated.

Then you'll also need to tell the addon which core to use. Bring up the context menu again, and select ‘Update Ext Launcher Command’. A window will pop up providing options for which emulator core to try and launch games with.
(2016-02-01, 01:33)zachmorris Wrote:
(2016-02-01, 00:33)dcquence Wrote: I've installed RetroArch, pointed this add-on to it's .exe and added the cores/roms within retroarch. Clicking "Launch" on any game whether already installed or not results in a flash of the screen then nothing

By default, the addon will try to play the game in Kodi directly (using Retroplayer, which will at some point be included in Kodi directly). By changing to external, it should try to use Retroarch.

Looks like there's one step missed. From the wiki:
Bring up the context menu (right click or press C on your keyboard) and select ‘Update Launcher’.
Select External Launcher. After updating the setting, a message should popup stating the setting was updated.

Then you'll also need to tell the addon which core to use. Bring up the context menu again, and select ‘Update Ext Launcher Command’. A window will pop up providing options for which emulator core to try and launch games with.

Derp, of course it's something right in the damn wiki I glossed over
This add-on currently shows up as a video add-on for me. Is there an easy way to fix that?
(2016-02-01, 02:53)dcquence Wrote: This add-on currently shows up as a video add-on for me. Is there an easy way to fix that?

It shows up under video addons by design. Reason being is that Kodi skins almost always provide more viewtypes for videos rather than programs (which typically is just the one thumbnail view and the one list view) - if it's in videos, then it will give you more options for eye candy. If you really want to change it though, there's an advance setting to 'Change addon to provide program'.
First of all, what a GREAT add-on! This is EXACTLY the sort of thing I've been looking for, so thanks in advance!

I've just got a couple of queries. How can I get it to run the games in full screen instead of windowed? Is that a setting in retroarch or in IARL?

Is there an easy way to 'exit' the emulator from the remote control?

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!
You can have full screen option in retroarch, in video option and to quit you can map escape key on your remoet or pad via xpadder or similar software.
Cheers
(2016-02-02, 17:09)blueman83 Wrote: First of all, what a GREAT add-on! This is EXACTLY the sort of thing I've been looking for, so thanks in advance!

I've just got a couple of queries. How can I get it to run the games in full screen instead of windowed? Is that a setting in retroarch or in IARL?

Is there an easy way to 'exit' the emulator from the remote control?

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!

You can also set a menu hotkey in RetroArch and quit which puts you back into Kodi.
Any chance you'd consider a netplay feature?
Is there x68000 games on archive.org?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Internet Archive ROM Launcher2