• 1(current)
[Release] Internet Archive ROM Launcher
Brick 
Internet Archive ROM Launcher

Are you interested in having a large cloud-based retro game collection?
Then IARL is for you!

What is it:
The Internet Archive ROM Launcher (IARL) will launch Games hosted on the Internet Archive using Kodi. It also provides all the pretty metadata needed for your HTPC.

HELP!?!?
Before you ask a question here, for more info please see the addon wiki here and the FAQ here. If you find a bug, please include a log.

Where to get it:
Install instructions

Screenshots:
watch gallery

Video:

Currently Available Platforms (over 10k games and counting):
Amiga: 697 Games
Amiga CD32: 259 Games
Apple IIGS: 168 Games (468 Games Unfiltered)
Arcade (MAME): 4700+ Games (33,000 Games/Machines Unfiltered)
Arcade (Final Burn Alpha): 1415 Games
Atari 800: 225 Games
Atari 2600: 710 Games (1523 Games Unfiltered)
Atari 5200: 93 Games
Atari 7800: 24 Games
Atari Jaguar: 58 Games
Colecovision: 155 Games (207 Games Unfiltered)
Commodore 64: 143 Games (447 Games Unfiltered)
Game Boy Advance: 1901 Games (2923 Games Unfiltered)
Game Boy Classic: 1280 Games (1600 Games Unfiltered)
Game Boy Color: 963 Games (1416 Games Unfiltered)
Intellivision: 127 Games
Magnavox Odyssey 2: 131 Games
MS DOS Games (DOSBox): 2594 Games
MSX: 1007 Games
Neo Geo Pocket Color: 74 Games (119 Games Unfiltered)
Neo-Geo CD: 99 Games
Nintendo 64: 482 Games (937 Games Unfiltered)
Nintendo Entertainment System: 1903 Games (2677 Games Unfiltered)
Playstation (PS1 / PSX): 1598 Games
ScummVM (PC): 150 Games (275 Games Unfiltered)
Sega 32X: 34 Games
Sega CD: 170 Games
Sega Dreamcast: 105 Games (497 Games Unfiltered)
Sega Game Gear: 408 Games (497 Games Unfiltered)
Sega Genesis: 1034 Games (1697 Games Unfiltered)
Sega Master System: 391 Games (544 Games Unfiltered)
Sega Saturn: 206 Games (1357 Games Unfiltered)
Sega SG-1000: 95 Games (202 Games Unfiltered)
Sharp x68000: 375 Games (1720 Games Unfiltered)
Super Nintendo: 1846 Games (3368 Games Unfiltered)
TurboGrafx 16: 345 Games (419 Games Unfiltered)
Vecrtrex: 36 Games
Wonderswan: 112 Games
Wonderswan Color: 95 Games
ZX Spectrum: 1860 Games (21700 Games Unfiltered)

Supported Platforms:
Windows, OSX, OpenElec, LibreElec, RPi (Via Gamestarter), Linux/Kodibuntu, Android

Support:
I've made this addon for the fun of it (and to teach myself python), so personally not looking for any donations. BUT, I highly recommend a small donation to the internet archive. The internet archive is a non profit library, providing all of this content to us, lets help keep it that way!
Please donate here: https://archive.org/donate/
This is a masterpiece.
Truly inspiring and brimming with potential.
Keep it coming.
Wow this is exactly what I've been waiting for. I've just got retroarch 1.2.2 installed and working great with my openelec setup. Awesome sauce !! Can't wait for a Linux / openelec version. The addon looks amazing very excited about this bravo.

I've had a play with the addon in openelec I've managed to get it to boot retroarch when you launch the rom. But it doesn't automaticly load the core and the rom, just boots the main retroarch gui. I'll tinker further Smile

I notice you have support for nix in the external_command_database file. The new retroarch stores its cores /storage/retroarch/retroarch-1.2.2/libretro/cores/ ill test futher and see if i can boot Smile
(2015-09-26, 14:49)lefty420 Wrote: Wow this is exactly what I've been waiting for. I've just got retroarch 1.2.2 installed and working great with my openelec setup. Awesome sauce !! Can't wait for a Linux / openelec version. The addon looks amazing very excited about this bravo.

I've had a play with the addon in openelec I've managed to get it to boot retroarch when you launch the rom. But it doesn't automaticly load the core and the rom, just boots the main retroarch gui. I'll tinker further Smile

Thanks Lefty. Yeah, help with launching on OpenElec or a RetroPie setup would be helpful if anyone is interested. I'm thinking my addon calling a shell script is probably the best way to go. There's some discussion of that on the OpenElec forums here.
Changing the directory didn't boot Sad I'm no means a coder I just link to tinker. The way retroarch is run on openelec is from sh for example
Quote:./rom.sh snes9x_next /storage/retroarch/default/share/rom/snes/classickong.smc

Here is the contents of the script
Quote:###To the best of my knowledge, this bit of code is only needed on the install, it was causing errors
#VER=$1
#ADDON_DIR=$2
#cd $ADDON_DIR
#[ -f retroarch-install-$VER.sh ] && ./retroarch-install-$VER.sh && mv retroarch-install-$VER.sh ~/retroarch

BASE_DIR=/storage/retroarch/default
RETROARCH=$BASE_DIR/bin/retroarch
CONFIG=$BASE_DIR/config/retroarch.cfg
CORES=$BASE_DIR/libretro/cores
CORE=$CORES/$1_libretro.so

if [ ! -f "$2" ]
then
pgrep kodi.bin | xargs kill -SIGSTOP
sleep 1
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$BASE_DIR/lib
$RETROARCH --menu -c $CONFIG
while [ $(pidof retroarch) ];do
usleep 200000
done;
rm /var/lock/kodi.disabled
pgrep kodi.bin | xargs kill -SIGCONT
# echo "Test"
exit 1
fi

if [ -f "$2.cfg" ]; then
echo "Config file for `basename "$2"` found, using."
EXTRAFLAG="--appendconfig "$2.cfg""
fi

###If you wish to kill Kodi on each game launch, uncomment these lines and comment out the next set of code.
systemctl stop xbmc.service
systemctl stop kodi.service
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$BASE_DIR/lib $RETROARCH -c $CONFIG $EXTRAFLAG -L $CORE "$2"
systemctl start xbmc.service
systemctl start kodi.service

#pgrep kodi.bin | xargs kill -SIGSTOP
#sleep 1
#LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$BASE_DIR/lib $RETROARCH -c $CONFIG $EXTRAFLAG -L $CORE "$2" &
#while [ $(pidof retroarch) ];do
#usleep 200000
#done;

rm /var/lock/kodi.disabled
pgrep kodi.bin | xargs kill -SIGCONT
This how I got advance launcher to boot roms directly.
Hello, I like your work.. it would be nice if you could work it into this person's build, he has a great build for the RPi 2, KODI and back to emulation station... where the roms are stored locally but it would be nice to lauch them from within KODI also, where the roms are stored locally.. Here is the link if you would like to see what he has done.. ITs really nice.. he just uses the Emulationstation and the Retroarch to do all the heavy lifting of the games..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation...jU6PXST-Lk

Hope this helps.. IF the link doesn't show after I send this His name to search for is Steve Smith on YOuTUBE.

Keep up the good work...
Just try your add on and it is great!! Thank you very much for your work!
Cheers
that's funny... I mean weird Smile
I got a strange bug since 2 weeks with advanced launcher that make an error when I come back to the home menu screen I think it has something to do with the shortcut add on ( not sure) ... and when I used a short cut to add your add on on my home menu ( some system console at least) i get a similar bug too! When I come back to the home menu the add on keep on asking me to clear the cache memory because it is corrupted ( liked ( or 6 times in a row)...any ideas? I know you can't see anything without a log I'll post one as soon as I can! ( I'm not at not at home right now)
thank you very much!
(2015-10-02, 16:02)bakito Wrote: that's funny... I mean weird Smile
I got a strange bug since 2 weeks with advanced launcher that make an error when I come back to the home menu screen I think it has something to do with the shortcut add on ( not sure) ... and when I used a short cut to add your add on on my home menu ( some system console at least) i get a similar bug too! When I come back to the home menu the add on keep on asking me to clear the cache memory because it is corrupted ( liked ( or 6 times in a row)...any ideas? I know you can't see anything without a log I'll post one as soon as I can! ( I'm not at not at home right now)
thank you very much!

Yeah, please provide a log so I can figure out whats going on. You can most likely get rid of the error by unselecting Cache Lists in the addon settings.
Great i will try that thanks for your answer, i will send a log anyway so you can see what s up....
Cheers
Update today to version 1.2.1:

- Added an addon setting for additional label options
- Added External Launching Capability for OpenElec. Thanks to Lefty for helping me test.
- Bug fixes reported in Kodi forums
- Code cleanup for efficiency
- Added preliminary CHD support. This will allow additional archives to be added. Typically the CHD archives are of the large ISO rom type. Tested and works on OSX, still need to test on other OS's. In order to use CHD archives, a helper application provided by MAME / MESS called CHDMAN is required. CHDMAN is packaged with MAME / MESS. The utility converts the CHD file to a usable format supported by Retroplayer / Retroarch (typically bin/cue).
There's an addon setting to point to your installation of CHDMAN. I would have packaged CHDMAN with my addon, but the MAME licensing was confusing and i wasn't sure if this is allowed or not...

In addition to the CHD support:
- Added Sega CD and Neo Geo CD archives

Currently working on PS1 and Sega Saturn archives (but they are BIG, so it will take some time). Big Grin
I tried to switch off the cache option but it did nothing good... here is my log, I'm on Jarvis maybe that is why I got this problem....thanks for your time
cheers

http://pastebin.com/Lb6n68RK
(2015-10-03, 00:31)bakito Wrote: I tried to switch off the cache option but it did nothing good... here is my log, I'm on Jarvis maybe that is why I got this problem....thanks for your time
cheers

http://pastebin.com/Lb6n68RK

Not sure exactly why, but there seems to be an issue with the skin your using and something called script.skin.helper.service.

If you temporarily switch to Confluence as the skin, does the error go away?
Confluence does not work either...but the bug disapear if i delete the script helper thing....i think i use a beta version of this script ...i m not sure....maybe that the problem
Thank you for advice!
I'm not at all a coder Sad but I find that there are some similitude between your add on and advanced launcher, maybe that is why both add on bug with the script, the similitude ( I may be wrong it is just observation from a noob ) is that your add on and advance launcher are both add on that kodi manage as program add-on and video add on at the same time... It is difficult for me to explain: internet archive is in video add on but when choosing different view type I have not access to the video views but the program views...advanced launcher 's label is program but when you launch it Kodi seems to launch it as a video add on ( "playing stream" as message info like a video not a program)...
Well I'm sorry for the obscure observation but to sum up there may be a problem of labeling for both add on and kodi mix them between video/program and thus the bug with the script skin helper...
hum hum..sorry for the blurry explanation I just try to help you as much as I can !
thanks again for your work!
cheers
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Internet Archive ROM Launcher2