Small screen (like 7 inches for car displays) skin recommendations
I am using xbmc primarily as an audio player and dvd player. The xbox is connected to a crt tv which is perfect for normal media centre use, however i also have a small screen (a 6" psone screen modified into a picture frame) which i want to use with the tv off when i am playing audio files etc.

I have two profiles set up - one for normal tv use and one for the small 6" screen - the problem is that most skins are unreadable oin such a small screen.

Does anyone know of a skin that will clearly and simply display the files and album artwork, navigation etc that would be suitable for a small screen?

thanks in advance, Big Grin
Just Do It
Rofl

Good idea for a car too, but maybe with a bigger screen so the current skins available feets without changes.

If you don't want to buy a more than 6" screen, sorry but maybe someone will give you a better reponse than me, cause i don't know such skin to help you.

But..

Look at this picture (I can't remember where is the original topic of the modder) :

Maybe it will give you ideas..
Maybe not Laugh
Sorry for my...english :blush:
So sad i can't edit my post : other source with a modified skin by Tranman, maybe he or someone can help you more for your request.

Sorry for my...english :blush:
drool....

Id love that in my car.

Colin, do us a favor and keep us posted about this. I to am looking for a set up like this. Id love to be able to have a setup where I can use XBMC as a jukebox. Turning the TV on each time I want to use it isn't the best solution.
Hi, entschuldigt ich kann kein englisch (vielleicht übersetzt das jemand oder google Nerd

Also ich habe genau das gleiche problem und deswegen arbeite ich an einem skin der genau dieses problem etwas beheben soll... bin aber erst am anfang.

hie noch ei paar screens: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/123/33849...71ec_b.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/157/34411...c55e_o.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/140/34411...c267_o.jpg

in der Visualisierung:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/137/34411...6b66_o.jpg

bräuchte noch einen namen für den SKIN Vorschläge !!!

bis auf späteres ....

gruß djtoll
Skin.JOGGLER
----------------------------------
Download - djtoll's Add-On Repository / Add-Ons > Install from ZIP / Get Add-ons > Djtoll's Repository
Man I wish I spoke german...

That looks pretty good. Is there anywhere to download it?
unfortunately only still are at the beginning, unfortunately still none Download Big Grin

gruß djtoll
Skin.JOGGLER
Download - djtoll's Add-On Repository / Add-Ons > Install from ZIP / Get Add-ons > Djtoll's Repository
danka djtoll

Keep us posted.
That skin looks perfect. At the moment i am using an av cable from my xbox which has the tv running of scart and the small screen running off the phono connections (i only use the video on as the sound goes to my hifi amp).

I started playing around with existing skins but only got as far as breaking them! Gute arbeit djtoll, you could be my hero!!
colin.

Have you tried simply adding a new font to the the skins you are breaking? I started using PDM last night and whilst it still has the small type you can change through about 5 different fonts. It might be worth seeing if you can find a font that displays well on your screen, then see if that will work in the skin.

Also. Do you have any info on the mod you performed on the screen? Im shopping around for a mini TFT as we speak, and thinking of doing the same thing. Any help would be greatfully received.
Nice work!!!
gergtreble Wrote:colin.

Also. Do you have any info on the mod you performed on the screen? Im shopping around for a mini TFT as we speak, and thinking of doing the same thing. Any help would be greatfully received.

There was no mod to do with the psone screen i'm using. It connects with a 3.5mm camcorder lead to the xbox av lead phono outputs. All I am doing is taking it out of its sony casing and mounting it in a chunky photo frame so it doesnt look out of place in the living room. I got the screen for about £20 on ebay,
colincliff Wrote:There was no mod to do with the psone screen i'm using. It connects with a 3.5mm camcorder lead to the xbox av lead phono outputs. All I am doing is taking it out of its sony casing and mounting it in a chunky photo frame so it doesnt look out of place in the living room. I got the screen for about £20 on ebay,

Thats exactly what I wanted to hear! Ive been looking at the ones on ebay too.
There is an actual screen meant for the xbox that i may purchase although im not sure if it comes with aux inputs or weather it needs to be attached directly to the xbox. Might just pay the £20 and see....

Anyway, let us know how you get on with your search for a skin.
i am in the middle of making a small screen skin for my car, im sticking with the color scheme of my car so orange and red: here is a screen:
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
Completion 80% !Big Grin

Name: "7TFT" Skin

by djtoll
Skin.JOGGLER

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Small screen (like 7 inches for car displays) skin recommendations1