ERROR: Exception caught on main loop. Exiting
ERROR: Exception caught on main loop. Exiting

this message happends when seeking through movies and sometimes on exiting movies causes freezing and forces me to exit program and restart...any ideas please ??

using jarvis 16 nightly builds
windows 10 pro x64
gtx titan
You are using an alpha version which may be the cause. Try using a stable or at least RC package - or just try one of the next nightly builds again and hope it is fixed.
Kodi 15.2 @ Android TV (Nvidia Shield)
PVR Backend: DVBLink/ DVBLogic with DigitalDevices 2xDVB-S & 2xDVB-C,CI DeltaCamTwin @ UM02 & HD02
Media Backend: EMBY
Still happens on stable Kodi 16.
This error is still appearing for me in 16.0 final on Windows 10 with Intel HD Graphics (i3 Nuc)
Got so pissed i reinstalled Windows 8.1 and tried Jarvis there. Same problem in both OS's.

Also tried different Intel GFX drivers, 3 older versions going back to 2014.

Error appears at start of playback in my case, but not all video files are affected.
15.2 is smooth though, no errors on any videos.

Is it DirectX11?
What do you guys need? Someone in another thread said that the crash logs dont reveal anything.

Screenshot of video that makes Jarvis crash: http://i.imgur.com/dGIxEvV.jpg
Video that Jarvis plays with no problems: http://i.imgur.com/W8BOqNm.jpg

Windows application log:

Faulting application name: Kodi.exe, version: 16.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56c88b73
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17415, time stamp: 0x54504b0d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0001e493
Faulting process id: 0x4b0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d172723ef0f619
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\Kodi.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 89949a71-de65-11e5-8252-c03fd56433e0
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Has anyone had issues with the coloring of videos. Mones all fudged up with purples and yellows. Was fine yesterday. Downloaded the v16.0 jarvis and now all videos are like this. Tried restoring computer. Calibration. Unistalls and reinstalling.
To add more info to @serrano's post, my Exception fault crashes occur mostly when I exit Kodi 16 (15.2 OK) on Windows 10, AMD A8-7600 CPU, AMD R8 GPU. However, Kodi 16 also crashes when I use Fastforward or Rewind during playback of DTS-HD and TrueHD video material (15.2 OK) ... does not happen when playing DTS of DD material (debug logs at http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=261953). I also wonder if these crashes are related to the DX11 Kodi implementation as suggested by @serrano?
@upNsmoke45, you issue is not related to the Exception fault in question here. You may have a faulty HDMI cable ... it may have come loose.
Satan has privided your GFX so dont be surprised lots of colour issues about mostly with Intel satan gfx
same error on windows 7 pro. can't start kodi even
Sad 
Same issue for me, updatet to Windows 10 and using Kodi 16 (Stable), always get this, screen freezes and playback continues....
I cleared Cache, seems to be working now.Big Grin
same error on windows 7 pro. can't start kodi 
appliction start error 0xc0000005
@hammadi other than to mention this is a 5 year old thread, and the observations/fixes are no longer applicable (please start a new thread with a proper debug log as noted below). Follow the links in the provided wiki to ensure the log is operational at launch using an advancedsettings.xml file (you have to make it) in your Userdata (wiki) folder.

To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ERROR: Exception caught on main loop. Exiting2