• 5(current)
Release PCloud.com video streaming (useful for VCast.it)
Hi @mrah ,
Quote:would it be possible to make the plugin available also as a Music add-on? I have my music library stored in pCloud and would love to use Kodi as the media player. From the thread I saw that pcloud add-on recognizes audio formats such as mp3, but Kodi cannot use it as a source for audio, only pictures and video. In my library I have primarily FLAC, AAC and MP3 files.

Sure, I will look into it as soon as I find a moment.

Kind regards,

Guido
(2020-03-20, 09:49)gdomenici Wrote: Hi @mrah ,
Quote:would it be possible to make the plugin available also as a Music add-on? I have my music library stored in pCloud and would love to use Kodi as the media player. From the thread I saw that pcloud add-on recognizes audio formats such as mp3, but Kodi cannot use it as a source for audio, only pictures and video. In my library I have primarily FLAC, AAC and MP3 files.

Kind regards,

Guido 

Hi @mrah ,

I have released version 1.4.1 of the add-on that makes it available as a Music plugin, too. You may download it from the releases page, or wait until it's published on the Kodi plugin repo.

Kind regards,

Guido
(2020-03-28, 01:05)gdomenici Wrote:
(2020-03-20, 09:49)gdomenici Wrote: Hi @mrah ,

Kind regards,

Guido  

Hi @mrah ,

I have released version 1.4.1 of the add-on that makes it available as a Music plugin, too. You may download it from the releases page, or wait until it's published on the Kodi plugin repo.

Kind regards,

Guido 
Hi Guido,

Super big thanks for making this update so quickly! I tested it with my Mac laptop and works like a charm Smile However, with my android TV I will need to wait until it's available in the repo.

An additional questions though: Is it possible to make pcloud available as a library source in Kodi? Now I can browse pcloud and stream media files but having pcloud as a library source would make browsing media a way more easy and appealing.

Thanks,
Martti
Hi @mrah ,

you're very welcome! Glad it works.
Concerning your additional query:
Quote:Is it possible to make pcloud available as a library source in Kodi? Now I can browse pcloud and stream media files but having pcloud as a library source would make browsing media a way more easy and appealing.

It's a good question - have never considered it. But it does make sense. I will look into how easy or hard it is to do and then will report back here.

Kind regards,

Guido
Hi. Can you say something about Crypto Folder for your addon?
Hi @mrah 
Quote:Is it possible to make pcloud available as a library source in Kodi? Now I can browse pcloud and stream media files but having pcloud as a library source would make browsing media a way more easy and appealing.

I realize I really do not know what a "library source" is exactly. Would you care providing some examples of other plugins that are "library sources" so I can take a look at how they operate and how they are implemented?

Kind regards,

Guido
(2020-03-31, 12:31)rene1980 Wrote: Hi. Can you say something about Crypto Folder for your addon?

Hi @rene1980 

I replied to this question on the GitHub ticket you raised -- you may have missed it. Here it is: https://github.com/gdomenici/plugin.vide...-593918633

In a nutshell, alas this cannot be done unless PCloud opens up the client side crypto implementation, which apparently they're not planning to do. Sorry.

Kind regards,

Guido
(2020-03-31, 23:27)gdomenici Wrote:
(2020-03-31, 12:31)rene1980 Wrote: Hi. Can you say something about Crypto Folder for your addon?

Hi @rene1980 

I replied to this question on the GitHub ticket you raised -- you may have missed it. Here it is: https://github.com/gdomenici/plugin.vide...-593918633

In a nutshell, alas this cannot be done unless PCloud opens up the client side crypto implementation, which apparently they're not planning to do. Sorry.

Kind regards,

Guido 

Oh, i am sorry. Ok. Thank You for looking
Hi @mrah 

I have looked further into your request:
It turns out, it is possible already, albeit with a little editing. If you edit the sources.xml file (located in the userdata folder), you can add this block:

xml:

<video>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
        <source>
            <name>PCloud Video Streaming plugin</name>
            <path pathversion="1">plugin://plugin.video.pcloud-video-streaming/</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Some other source...</name>
            <path pathversion="1">C:\Users\myuser\Videos\</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>
    </video>
This enables one to see the PCloud Streaming Video plugin when adding media sources:

Could that work?

Kind regards,

Guido
(2020-04-06, 08:21)gdomenici Wrote: It turns out, it is possible already, albeit with a little editing. If you edit the sources.xml file (located in the userdata folder), you can add this block:
Hi Guido,
just tried that idea. It does display pcloud now in the list of video sources, but it will not be scanned successfully by Kodi as such. 
If it not possible to expose pcloud or a sub-folder directly as media source for Kodi, maybe you could make use of the strm file method. This is how it is done by the Google Drive add-on.
Anyway, thanks for making your add-on available. It's highly appreciated. Any way to donate you a beer?
Hi again,
might be interesting for some: I found a workaround for now via webdav (https://webdav.pcloud.com:443). It's a terrible slow protocol, but it does work for streaming media of my pcloud storage to my AndroidTV via Kodi with correct library integration. 
Nerd
(2020-03-31, 23:25)gdomenici Wrote: Hi @mrah 

I realize I really do not know what a "library source" is exactly. Would you care providing some examples of other plugins that are "library sources" so I can take a look at how they operate and how they are implemented?

Kind regards,

Guido
@gdomenici the source allows you to scan it and add the movies or other files to you library by telling it what type of content is in the source, here is how the Gdrive add on does it: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2861211

and the Kodi wiki: https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources

thanks!
@gdomenici 
Any progress on the library integration? I know it's bad style to ask this kind of questions, but my webdav method is failing very often nowadays due to the slow speed of that protocol. Please keep working on it and let me know, if I can donate somehow to appreciate your contribution.
Hello, addon does not work for me...

this is the error:

https://paste.kodi.tv/asoxubobet.kodi

I'm using add-on version 1.4.2 on KODI 16.1 OpenElec 7.0.1 in an old PC.
I can't upgrade to a KODI newer version becouse PC hardware limitation...
Thanks for your work.
Hi, any chance to add the "strm" file support?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PCloud.com video streaming (useful for VCast.it)0