• 6(current)
Clearity Skin
tomatok Wrote:Hi. Having problems viewing this skin properly and not sure what I am doing wrong.

I am using the latest files fro Clearity and a 1/1/07 build of XBMC. The skin works partially but in any of the graphical views (eg Pics/Album Art) the main centre image just isn't there. I can see the smaller faded background images along the top and bottom but the middle third of the screen is just black.

Am I doing something simple wrong?

The pics of the skin look fantastic and what I can see looks very impressive on screen, however I am using a CRT tv and the text across the top menu isn't especially clear. Otherwise very impressive.

Hope someone can point me in the direction of getting it working properly.
screenshot please, I have no idea what you're talkin about ;P
Catchy Signature Here
It doesn't work for me, the skin loads and i can play around with all setting but as soon as i go into any media menus i.e My Music, My Pictures etc... the screen goes gray.

The xbox seems to live cuz i can eject the DVD tray but it's othervise dead and does not respond to any pressed keys, rebbot is the only way out.

Too bad, it looks really nice!!!!

PS I'm using the latest compiled version in this thread. DS
if doing a svn update of this and pdm is it ok to build the new version over the old one or should i delete the build folder (or at least the contents of the build folder)?
can someone help me understand how i can change my thumbnails for movis and games so they are like a widescreen, i go to big wide view and they remain the same, do i need to extract and resize, and then transfer back, all help is appreciated thnx in advance, love the skin
Thanks for the reply - I must remember never to try and explain anything when my two year old daughter is within fifty feet - mind goes to mush.

Anyway, this is what I can see in the Big Icons view of Music. I get the same on all the different views (big/small/list in music/videos/pictures etc)

Any ideas?
Yeah! Do a clean update of XBMC Smile All will work perfectly then.
I am pretty sure my update is clean - XBMC was originally on C when I bought the box so when I updated I put in a totally new install on E (as advised in the wiki) and set all the shortcuts to it.

The only thing I kept was the user folder - is that what needs cleaning up?

(Can't do it right now as g/f is addicted to Lego Star Wars II and will be on there for hours!)
Well i had exactly the same problem... updated XBMC and still had EXACTLY the same screens as you posted... navigation worked but black overlays all the time. Removed XBMC whacked a new copy on and perfect Smile

Bring up system info on your xbox and check the build date something tells me yours is older than you think Wink
I'll check that - It's definitely an update from the last point release as there are a few changes and was titled as the first build of the new year but I think I remember seeing a 2006 date in settings so i'll check. Thanks.
tomatok Wrote:Thanks for the reply - I must remember never to try and explain anything when my two year old daughter is within fifty feet - mind goes to mush.

Anyway, this is what I can see in the Big Icons view of Music. I get the same on all the different views (big/small/list in music/videos/pictures etc)

Any ideas?

Mines the same......Please help
check for a more recent xbmc version - i think i got that display until i updated to a build dater than the 3rd of jan....
---
JJ
They say a picture says a thousand words.....

First 2 are minor GUI issues, running latest (229svn ver)

1. Issue with System Info and text layout (Hardware) overlapping:

2. Weather
a) right hand arrow next to town name (if too long) will overlap (highlighted red)
b) although not in this shot - if the weather conditions are long eg. rain/light showers or something it will go outside the pannel

3rd - more of a slight request really..
Yes/No OK/Cancel dialogs - is it possible to highlight the current button slightly more - the reason I ask is highlighted below - from this screenshot its not that clear which button is highlighted (or maybe its me!)

Overall -can i say thanks for keeping up with the skinning stuff, and coming ou with an amazing skin - never checked more than once a day before for updates!!!! Laugh
---
JJ
Thanks for the help. A newer version of XBMC sorted out the problems.

Looks very attractive - think PMIII has some competition. Still find the text a little small to read (on a 28" widescreen CRT) especially top menus but also album names etc.

Looking forward to seeing this progress - many many thanks!
SleepyP Wrote:for those who can't or won't do SVN builds, here's Revision 219 of this skin, which is current as of this post time.

I cannot get TortoiseSVN sucessfully downing SVN builds. Your update is extremely helpful. Thanks a lot.

Please keep them coming.
Is it possible to run the Matrix Trails screensaver as a "custom background" within Clearity?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clearity Skin5