• 9(current)
Release Rapier 9.6.6 for Kodi 16 Jarvis [DEPRECATED]
(2016-04-18, 03:15)Dunn1234 Wrote: Hello Gade and great skin by the way. I have a question and I am hoping you can help me. I am running your skin 9.5.2 from your repo and noticed the in cinema and upcoming movies left plain windows in the movie section are not showing up anymore. Has support for that feature ended or has the extendedinfo script dev changed something that might have broke skin integration? I really like having those two left plain windows in the movie section and would like to get them back if possible. Thanks for any suggestions to resolve this issue.

They are not hidden under skin settings, I checked that already so the windows should show under movie section but it doesnt anymore.

Hi Dunn1234.

It's working absolutely fine on my end.

Which version of script.extendedinfo do you use? The latest is 4.6.1

Some things have changed for Krypton, but Jarvis should work very well Smile
script.extendedinfo you say is v4.6.1? When I installed it through skin settings/supported addons I got ExtendedInfo Script Mod version 4.7.4. I thought this was odd since I seen the word "MOD" at the end of name. Guess others are doing the same script. Where can I find 4.6.1 so I can then install it and disable updating to ensure it works? Guess I will have to manually update the extendedinfo script when needed but that is ok with me. Lots of so called "Mods" out there these days. Thanks for helping.

Cant find v4.6.1 that you mentioned. Only these two are found.
phil65: v5.2.0 (github online)
Open ELEQ: v4.7.4 (what downloaded through skin which is a mod for original work by phil65)

Thanks for your help. Smile
(2016-04-18, 14:26)Dunn1234 Wrote: script.extendedinfo you say is v4.6.1? When I installed it through skin settings/supported addons I got ExtendedInfo Script Mod version 4.7.4. I thought this was odd since I seen the word "MOD" at the end of name. Guess others are doing the same script. Where can I find 4.6.1 so I can then install it and disable updating to ensure it works? Guess I will have to manually update the extendedinfo script when needed but that is ok with me. Lots of so called "Mods" out there these days. Thanks for helping.

Cant find v4.6.1 that you mentioned. Only these two are found.
phil65: v5.2.0 (github online)
Open ELEQ: v4.7.4 (what downloaded through skin which is a mod for original work by phil65)

Thanks for your help. Smile

Yep, that's your problem. You probably have an unofficial repo installed messing up stuff.

Installing and using unofficial add-ons or mods of official add-ons often result in non functioning, unstable and add-ons breaking.

You can download the latest version here.

Phil65's version 5.2.0 is for Kodi Krypton Smile
Lesson learned. I uninstalled bad repo then it installed correct v4.6.1 and everything is working again. I wont make that mistake again. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Keep up the great work. Smile
Glad you got things working again Wink
For some reason the "Movies" option is grayed out and cannot be selected in the "hide Categories" setting, and I cannot get the Movies category to display.
Any ideas?
(2016-04-24, 18:50)rananna Wrote: For some reason the "Movies" option is grayed out and cannot be selected in the "hide Categories" setting, and I cannot get the Movies category to display.
Any ideas?

Have you scraped your movies to the movie library?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Set_content_and_scan

I use Universal Movie Scraper: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Universal_Movie_Scraper
That was the problem!
I just switched to your skin and forgot to scrape my movies.
btw, you have done a superb job with this skin - congratulations!
(2016-04-24, 19:32)rananna Wrote: That was the problem!
I just switched to your skin and forgot to scrape my movies.
btw, you have done a superb job with this skin - congratulations!

Perfect, great you got it solved.

And thanks a lot for the kind words Wink

Let me know if you have any questions.

A lot of info can be found at the wiki: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier
I just uploaded 9.5.4 to my development repo!

It required latest version of script.skin.helper.service from Github: https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...master.zip
Anyone using the "Animations" section in the skin settings to disable animations?

I was thinking of removing this function and add ONE skin setting in the General section to enable low CPU mode. This setting will disable some animations, disable video playing in the background, visualizations etc.

What do you think?
(2016-05-15, 22:13)Gade Wrote: Anyone using the "Animations" section in the skin settings to disable animations?

I was thinking of removing this function and add ONE skin setting in the General section to enable low CPU mode. This setting will disable some animations, disable video playing in the background, visualizations etc.

What do you think?

Oops... I've disabled all the animations long time ago, since it's not quite necessary to me , I think. :p

however, video playing in the background is quite a good feature. well.. it's just in my opinion.
(2016-05-16, 18:00)rootsun Wrote:
(2016-05-15, 22:13)Gade Wrote: Anyone using the "Animations" section in the skin settings to disable animations?

What do you think?

Oops... I've disabled all the animations long time ago, since it's not quite necessary to me , I think. :p

however, video playing in the background is quite a good feature. well.. it's just in my opinion.

May I ask why you disabled the animations? Are you running low powered hardware?

I actually already made the change, as I think it makes much more sense. I removed the Animations section in the skin settings and added a button in the General section to enable Low CPU Power Mode.
This will disable the animations and also disable/reset power demanding skin settings.
(2016-05-17, 10:37)Gade Wrote:
(2016-05-16, 18:00)rootsun Wrote:

What do you think?

May I ask why you disabled the animations? Are you running low powered hardware?

I actually already made the change, as I think it makes much more sense. I removed the Animations section in the skin settings and added a button in the General section to enable Low CPU Power Mode.
This will disable the animations and also disable/reset power demanding skin settings.

no, it's not about wether my hardware is powerful. I disabled it just because I like them static.
but you are probably right, this is really not a big deal if there is a specific option for animated or not.
(2016-05-17, 17:38)rootsun Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 10:37)Gade Wrote:
(2016-05-16, 18:00)rootsun Wrote: Oops... I've disabled all the animations long time ago, since it's not quite necessary to me , I think. :p

no, it's not about wether my hardware is powerful. I disabled it just because I like them static.
but you are probably right, this is really not a big deal if there is a specific option for animated or not.

Oh, I see. That's actually a very good reason. Smile

I could change Low CPU Power Mode, so the user can choose whether to disable only animations or disable both animations and skin settings. What do you think?

EDIT: I made a change so the user will be presented with a dialog to choose either to disable animations or to disable animations and CPU demanding skin settings.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapier 9.6.6 for Kodi 16 Jarvis [DEPRECATED]2