• 11(current)
Release Rapier 9.6.6 for Kodi 16 Jarvis [DEPRECATED]
(2016-07-22, 10:08)DJDJDJDJ Wrote: Thank you Gade.

I tried different views but icon sizes remain the same.

Would you be able to point in right direction for this xml file?

The icons vary from 20 to 30 pixels (width/height) in the views.

To edit the xml's for tv shows, movies and episodes, edit ViewsMovies.xml, ViewsTVShows.xml and ViewsEpisodes.xml. But also ViewsCommon.xml, as it contains some combined views.
Look for the view you use - eg. <include name="MoviesListInfoView2"> and look for the icons in the containers. Edit the width and height.

Remember, that all custom edits you do to the xml's are overwritten each time the skin is updated. And I strongly recommend keeping the skin updated at all times.
Where can I find the location of the default category icons? I hide some categories and create some custom ones that I would like to re-use the default icons for.

EDIT: Nevermind, found them.. Had to extract ..\addons\skin.rapier\media\Textures.xbt with Kodi Texture Tool
(2016-07-23, 21:18)tjwoosta Wrote: Where can I find the location of the default category icons? I hide some categories and create some custom ones that I would like to re-use the default icons for.

EDIT: Nevermind, found them.. Had to extract ..\addons\skin.rapier\media\Textures.xbt with Kodi Texture Tool

You can also use Github.
Anyone still using the Cinema Experience add-on (script.cinema.experience), who haven't switched to Cinema Vision (script.cinemavision)?

I was thinking about removing support for Cinema Experience, as it's not being developed anymore.
Love the skin and it feels very responsive on my Rpi3.

I have, however one problem with it.

I use the iptv simple client to stream a couple of channels and it works very well. But when I play a channel and it is not in fullscreen the sound (probably the whole stream) starts to shutter every 6-7 seconds.

It does not shutter when the channel is in fullscreen playback at all with Rapier theme.

It does not shutter at all when a use the default Confluence theme.

I am on Libreelec 7.0.2 and Kodi 16.1 (June 22)

You should be able to see a video of it here www.lss-net.com/Rapier.mp4.
(2016-07-28, 03:31)larsss83 Wrote: Love the skin and it feels very responsive on my Rpi3.

I have, however one problem with it.

I use the iptv simple client to stream a couple of channels and it works very well. But when I play a channel and it is not in fullscreen the sound (probably the whole stream) starts to shutter every 6-7 seconds.

It does not shutter when the channel is in fullscreen playback at all with Rapier theme.

It does not shutter at all when a use the default Confluence theme.

I am on Libreelec 7.0.2 and Kodi 16.1 (June 22)

You should be able to see a video of it here www.lss-net.com/Rapier.mp4.

Hi Lars.

Welcome to the forums.

Glad you like the skin, and thanks a lot for the kind words. Nice to see another dane using this skin Wink

There's really not much I can do on the skin side about the sound stuttering. While Confluence and Estuary are very light skins, Rapier is not.
So while it might perform fine in most cases, lagging and other issues can occur when the system is pushed.

You can try taking a look at the audio settings, especially hardware acceleration, but I'm not sure changing settings will have much affect on your issue.

I'm not at home right now, but will take a look at your video later.
If people are not automatically updated to use my development repo v1.1.4,
you should download it here and install manually from zip.

Sorry about any inconvenience.
Hi all,

I have a problem with the Music fanart in the Rapier 9.5.9.
It seems there is no "In Progress" fanart option under for Music. It shows the random fanarts if I select random, but that also disappear when I start any music and I just get a black background.
However the "In Progress" fanart option is there for Movies.

I have went through the configuration several times, but couldn't get it working. Does anyone know how this supposed to work?

It was working perfectly in the 8.x branch, but doesn't work in the 10.x either.

BRs
/Andras
(2016-08-01, 21:19)eandmsz Wrote: I have a problem with the Music fanart in the Rapier 9.5.9.
It seems there is no "In Progress" fanart option under for Music. It shows the random fanarts if I select random, but that also disappear when I start any music and I just get a black background.
However the "In Progress" fanart option is there for Movies.

I have went through the configuration several times, but couldn't get it working. Does anyone know how this supposed to work?

It was working perfectly in the 8.x branch, but doesn't work in the 10.x either.

Hi Andras.

There is no "In Progress" fanart option for music, and there has never been one (also not in Rapier 8.x). The two fanart options for music are and have always been "Random" and "Recent".
"In Progress" are for movies, tv shows and videos.

Once you start music playback, the fanart for the current music playing is displayed.
If you use script.artistslideshow, that add-on will find fanart for the current artist playing and run it as a slideshow, but it might turn black for missing fanart (this can be handled in the script.slideshow add-on settings).

If you have black backgrounds from time to time when using fanart backgrounds, it sounds like you might need to read this thread for tips and use the Texture Cache Utility.
Or you could rescrape your music library (although that might not do the trick).
Hi Gade,

Thanks for the info. So it's not the skin's fault.
I was troubleshooting the Artist Slideshow add-on and I realized that for some reason it doesn't fetch the fanart from the online sources even if it's configured to do so. Instead it complains in the debug logs that it cannot find the extrainfo a default path.
At the end I got fed up and deleted the music library: rm /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/MyMusic56.db (on Openelec) and recreated it from scratch, but this time I enabled the Universal Audio Scraper.

It helped, so it seems the fanart needs to be pre-downloaded for the Artist Slideshow to make it work. At least it was the case for me.

BRs
/Andras
(2016-08-03, 22:43)eandmsz Wrote: Hi Gade,

Thanks for the info. So it's not the skin's fault.
I was troubleshooting the Artist Slideshow add-on and I realized that for some reason it doesn't fetch the fanart from the online sources even if it's configured to do so. Instead it complains in the debug logs that it cannot find the extrainfo a default path.
At the end I got fed up and deleted the music library: rm /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database/MyMusic56.db (on Openelec) and recreated it from scratch, but this time I enabled the Universal Audio Scraper.

It helped, so it seems the fanart needs to be pre-downloaded for the Artist Slideshow to make it work. At least it was the case for me.

BRs
/Andras

Hi Andras.

So glad you got it figured out!

I think I remember something about my music library artwork having to be rescraped from Kodi 15 to Kodi 16. Or I might have rescanned the entire music library as well - like you ended up doing.

Cheers
Gade
UPDATE: Rapier 9.5.11 is available through the official Kodi repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

The highlights are:
  • Extended View has been added for movie, tv show and music video tags.
  • Playlist View has been created to extend information and user friendliness in current playlist window. Screenshots below.
  • Playlist Editor window has been updated. Screenshot below.

FULL CHANGELOG
Code:
9.5.11 (26-July-16)
- Code cleanup.
- Added more animations to "Low CPU Power Mode".
- Updated playlist windows: changed shuffle button, added info labels and media flags.
- Added Playlist View to current playlist window.
- Updated playlist editor window.
- Added Extended View to movie, tv show and music video tags.
- Added season number breadcrumb to episode window.
- Updated main category languages (thanks to patria o muerte, rootsun, NEOhidra).
- Updated favourites dialog.
- Updated README and merged README.txt into README.md
- Added weather add-on settings button to weather window settings dialog.
- Bugfixing of add-on browser breadcrumbs.

Added Playlist View to current playlist window
Music

Added Playlist View to current playlist window
Video

Updated playlist editor window

ENJOY!
Hi Gade,
thanks for the skin! excellent work so far. love using it. if we have custom backgrounds, which folder would be the best location to save them on. after the recent update, somehow the backgrounds i previously set went missing together with the custom icons.
(2016-08-08, 10:59)noiseloops Wrote: Hi Gade,
thanks for the skin! excellent work so far. love using it. if we have custom backgrounds, which folder would be the best location to save them on. after the recent update, somehow the backgrounds i previously set went missing together with the custom icons.

Hi noiseloops.

Thanks so much for the kind words Smile

Custom backgrounds, icons, category images etc. should be places outside the skin folder, as it gets cleaned/replaced on each skin update.

I would avoid removable drives as well, as they can go in sleep mode and slow things down.

But any internal drive should work.
(2016-08-08, 11:47)Gade Wrote:
(2016-08-08, 10:59)noiseloops Wrote: Hi Gade,

Hi noiseloops.

Thanks so much for the kind words Smile

Custom backgrounds, icons, category images etc. should be places outside the skin folder, as it gets cleaned/replaced on each skin update.

I would avoid removable drives as well, as they can go in sleep mode and slow things down.

But any internal drive should work.

initially i did put it outside of the folder under media. but i just couldn't figure out how to specify the special:// function to reference to it. wanted to transfer it my android box with ease. installed it on my windows box and it takes reference to C:/. any ideas to it? seems like special://skin goes to the rapier folder reference.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapier 9.6.6 for Kodi 16 Jarvis [DEPRECATED]2