• 13(current)
Release Rapier 9.6.6 for Kodi 16 Jarvis [DEPRECATED]
(2016-10-08, 12:05)patria o muerte Wrote: Hi Gade,how can i do to add a documentaries categories in home screen? Thanks

Hi patria o muerte.

All described here Smile
Gade seems something changed in the .12 version at least on my end. When I first turn on kodi on my computer usually the library movies and tv shows will display the image in the home screen movies and tv shows window but in this version I have to open a addon or go into the skin deeper for those to display. When I return to the home screen movies or tv shows sections the library info is seen again in right upper window. A restart seems to kick it out and doesnt refresh when kodi is initial started. Note, .11 version did not do this to me. I have had no changes in setup other then skin update. I turned off library update in skin settings and that helped for it to be displayed but randomly looses the info when restarted. I have even done fresh install with no change. Thought I would get your feedback on this subject. This isnt serious because if you navigate one depth deeper it brings it up in the movie and tv shows sections when returning to home screen. Thanks in advanced for any help.
(2016-10-10, 05:36)Dunn1234 Wrote: Gade seems something changed in the .12 version at least on my end. When I first turn on kodi on my computer usually the library movies and tv shows will display the image in the home screen movies and tv shows window but in this version I have to open a addon or go into the skin deeper for those to display. When I return to the home screen movies or tv shows sections the library info is seen again in right upper window. A restart seems to kick it out and doesnt refresh when kodi is initial started. Note, .11 version did not do this to me. I have had no changes in setup other then skin update. I turned off library update in skin settings and that helped for it to be displayed but randomly looses the info when restarted. I have even done fresh install with no change. Thought I would get your feedback on this subject. This isnt serious because if you navigate one depth deeper it brings it up in the movie and tv shows sections when returning to home screen. Thanks in advanced for any help.

Hi Dunn1234.

Nothing has changed in that area between version 9.5.11 and 9.5.12.

Try installing 9.5.11 from zip again to see if the issue is solved.

If the issue is solved by manually installing 9.5.11, then it might be a bug in 9.5.12.

Screenshots of the issue will help a lot.
I will this evening once home from work. Thanks for fast reply. I will do what you said and include screenshots.

Note: Seems this only happens when I shutdown or restart my computer. I can restart kodi several times and images show in library window in movie section but if I restart the computer I loose it and have to go into skin one level or into a addon then my library shows on window in movie section. Is this info cached to ram instead of a file?
I just pushed Rapier 9.5.13 to my development repo!
Thank you Gade for dev release. As far as my issue I was having, seems to be resolved since I did a oem factory restore. Sorry to bother you but thank you for replying to my inquiry. Have a good night and drink a beer on me. Smile
(2016-10-11, 02:55)Dunn1234 Wrote: Thank you Gade for dev release. As far as my issue I was having, seems to be resolved since I did a oem factory restore. Sorry to bother you but thank you for replying to my inquiry. Have a good night and drink a beer on me. Smile

Hi Dunn1234.

Sounds really great! Smile

A good night to you too!
Well, it happened again with .12 version of the skin. Seems after overnight when I turn my computer on it clears where ever the info is stored for the library window on movie and tv show sections. I can go one level deep in skin settings or open a addon then exit out of addon and the window with library entries will show correctly. This is on a clean install of windows 8.1 x64 bit. I am going to try .11 for a couple days and see results but something changed where before this was never an issue. I am not mad or complaining, curiosity is what is killing me. lol I will report back in a couple days with .11 and get back with you Gade.

The only thing I can think of is that this info is stored in ram instead of in a file and after turned off so long the ram is cleared of residual charge.

Note: I do have low cpu powered device turn on in skin settings for animations only for .12 and .11. Not sure if this is causing it or not.
(2016-10-11, 15:05)Dunn1234 Wrote: Well, it happened again with .12 version of the skin. Seems after overnight when I turn my computer on it clears where ever the info is stored for the library window on movie and tv show sections. I can go one level deep in skin settings or open a addon then exit out of addon and the window with library entries will show correctly. This is on a clean install of windows 8.1 x64 bit. I am going to try .11 for a couple days and see results but something changed where before this was never an issue. I am not mad or complaining, curiosity is what is killing me. lol I will report back in a couple days with .11 and get back with you Gade.

The only thing I can think of is that this info is stored in ram instead of in a file and after turned off so long the ram is cleared of residual charge.

Note: I do have low cpu powered device turn on in skin settings for animations only for .12 and .11. Not sure if this is causing it or not.

Sounds to me like a hardware or database problem. Doesn't sound skin related. And as I previously wrote, nothing at all changed in the code related to this from 9.5.11 to 9.5.12...

And I can't reproduce this on any device or platform.

Let me know what you find out using 9.5.11.

If anyone else experience this issue, please let us know.
(2016-10-12, 21:27)Gade Wrote: Sounds to me like a hardware or database problem.
I tend to agree with you in regards to this glitch I am experiencing. I am going to rebuild the library setup from scratch after deleting all .db files. Maybe I set it up incorrectly or something. Will try later today then report back to you. Thank you for your suggestion and replies.

I wish the library was simpler to setup. Seems a little complex for some user's like myself. lol
(2016-10-15, 19:18)Dunn1234 Wrote:
(2016-10-12, 21:27)Gade Wrote: Sounds to me like a hardware or database problem.
I tend to agree with you in regards to this glitch I am experiencing. I am going to rebuild the library setup from scratch after deleting all .db files. Maybe I set it up incorrectly or something. Will try later today then report back to you. Thank you for your suggestion and replies.

I wish the library was simpler to setup. Seems a little complex for some user's like myself. lol

That's a very good idea.

You can backup the old .db files before you rebuild, so you're able to restore them if you wish at a later time.

Please let me know what you find out. Smile

EDIT: Did you try out 9.5.11 to see if you experience the same issue?
Library issue is now resolved. Its was the auto library update service addon that I had included. Uninstalled and the last couple days everything is working perfect. Guess that addon needs updating (hasnt been updated in a while). Sorry to bother you Gade but thanks for your help.
No problem at all.

Glad you got it solved.
Found a lil glitch in the skin settings for library update on startup. If library update is enabled the library thumbnails dont show on movie or tv show sections. If disabled they show correctly. I am not sure if this is how kodi works but I only have one addon installed and did library from scratch. It is setup correctly but those skin setting for library update seems to be what is causing not to show on movie and tv show sections of the home screen.

This makes since to me because the addon I use to have installed that auto updated the library on startup caused the same issue. I no longer have it installed of course but it caused similar issue.
(2016-10-22, 13:43)Dunn1234 Wrote: Found a lil glitch in the skin settings for library update on startup. If library update is enabled the library thumbnails dont show on movie or tv show sections. If disabled they show correctly. I am not sure if this is how kodi works but I only have one addon installed and did library from scratch. It is setup correctly but those skin setting for library update seems to be what is causing not to show on movie and tv show sections of the home screen.

This makes since to me because the addon I use to have installed that auto updated the library on startup caused the same issue. I no longer have it installed of course but it caused similar issue.

There is no skin setting for library update on startup. This is not controlled by the skin.

There is a regular Kodi setting for that thing.
I don't remember the exact path in Jarvis, but in Krypton it's Settings > Media > Library > Video / Music Library > Update library on startup.

I have enabled the same setting (it's always enabled on my systems for the video library), and haven't experienced this on either OSX, IOS, Windows or OpenELEC.

Did you check with Confluence or other skins if they have the same issue?

Please post a screenshot, so I can better understand the issue.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapier 9.6.6 for Kodi 16 Jarvis [DEPRECATED]2