• 15(current)
Release Rapier 9.6.6 for Kodi 16 Jarvis [DEPRECATED]
(2016-12-03, 08:11)Thales Wrote: Hey Gade. I had to take a 7 month break from my Kodi setup and forums. Was shocked to finally log back on here and see Rob and all of his add-ons were banned. What?!? His add-ons were so useful. Still have no clue what happened there.

Is Video Extras still available from an outside repository or did you have to pull support for it altogether? (I won't have my HTPC up and running for a few more weeks and can't check it myself.) I did find a GitHub page for it, but I'm not sure if that means it is still supported or not.

The new version of Rapier is looking really nice. Can't wait to try it out soon.

Hi Thales.

Great to have you back! Smile

Yeah, things got really heatet very fast. I didn't follow the discussion close, but the fact is that Rob's add-ons are now longer part of the official Kodi repo.

I kept all support for Rob's add-ons.
I have no idea where to get them, or if it's even possible, but I'll keep support within the skin for now.

Some skins have removed support of those add-ons though.

EDIT: I can see Rob updates his own repo pretty often, so you can definately get all his add-ons through that.
(2016-12-02, 11:16)Gade Wrote:
(2016-12-01, 22:11)flowerpot Wrote: many thanks for your reply with the 16 custom categories how many submenu items can you have

I really think you should read the wiki, as it's all described there (and that's why I wrote it). Wink

You can have up to 7 submenus for each category:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier#Addi...g_submenus

(2016-12-01, 22:11)flowerpot Wrote: i have put on some movies from my hard drive after it finished i had what looks like widgets on the screen above movies can i switch them of or make them smaller thanks

To disable widgets for regular categories, go to Skin Settings > Home > Info Widget.
There you'll find all widgets for the main categories, and you can disable or enable them to your needs.

The widgets for the main Movies category are "Recently Added" and "In Progress".
Be aware that disabling those widgets will disable "Recently Added" and "In Progress / Random" widgets for all main categories using those widgets.

For custom categories, look for Step 6 in the below link: that explains most about widgets for custom categories.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier#Crea...m_category

You can disable the widgets as well if you like.

many thanks for your reply i have started to add different cat and added my movies to the library but does this skin able to see disc art allthough i have used artwork downloader i cannot see the disc art for various movies thanks
(2016-12-03, 12:53)flowerpot Wrote: many thanks for your reply i have started to add different cat and added my movies to the library but does this skin able to see disc art allthough i have used artwork downloader i cannot see the disc art for various movies thanks

Sorry, disc art is not supported for movies.

Art types supported for movies are posters, fanart, clear logo, clear art, extra fanart, extra thumbs and perhaps also landscape images (can't quite remember, as I'm at work right now).

EDIT: Thinking about it, I'll adjust the skin settings for artwork downloader to only show artwork types supported by the skin. Smile
many thanks for all your help and advice
Important info!

It looks like translations at Transifex have stalled. Because of that, I have created my own Transifex project - at least until the official one is up and running.

Please join it to translate this skin once again.

--link removed--

I need all the help I can get Wink

Cheers
Gade
Transifex is up and running again, so it's once again back to translating at this location:

https://www.transifex.com/teamxbmc/kodi-...in-rapier/

Thanks!
Hi Gade and Merry Christmas first.
I see you made us a gift today.Thanks!
(2016-12-24, 18:22)patria o muerte Wrote: Hi Gade and Merry Christmas first.
I see you made us a gift today.Thanks!

Hi and a merry christmas to you and your family too.

Exactly, I wanted to get the new update out right before christmas Smile

Details and screenshots will follow this post.
Merry christmas everybody!

UPDATE: Rapier 9.5.17 is available through the official Kodi repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

The highlights are:
  • Improved PVR recording window with added media flags. Screenshot below.
  • Support has been added for music and music video genre fanart image packs (Skin Settings > Backgrounds). Screenshot below.
  • Genre icons now work inside containers. Screenshot below.
  • Play button has been added in the album information window.
  • Clicking Back on all widgets will go to the first item in the list.
  • When playing music, home screen progress bar is changed to blue. Screenshot below.

FULL CHANGELOG
Code:
9.5.17 (19-December-16)
- Added additional home screen custom category images.
- Clicking Back on all widgets will go to the first item in the list.
- When playing music, home screen progress bar is changed to blue.
- Updated skin settings for artwork downloader to match supported artwork types.
- Added close button to text viewer dialog.
- Updated language strings from Transifex.
- Fixed VC-1 codec media flags.
- If no trailer is available, trailer buttons will display "Search Trailer".
- Genre icons now also work inside containers.
- Added support for music / music video genre fanart image packs (Skin Settings > Backgrounds).
- Improvements of artist / album information window.
- Added Play button in album information window.
- Added media flags for PVR recordings.

Added media flags for PVR recordings

Added support for music / music video genre fanart image packs
Skin Settings

Added support for music / music video genre fanart image packs
Genre icons now also work inside containers
Music Library

Genre icons now also work inside containers
Movie Library

When playing music, home screen progress bar is changed to blue

ENJOY!
UPDATE: Rapier 9.5.18 is available through the official Kodi repository!

The highlights are:
  • During fullscreen episode playback, Nextup Notification now includes In Progress episodes list. Screenshots below.
    Click the In Progress list to got to that episode instead of the one currently playing.
  • A Reload Skin button has been added to Skin Settings > Skin Settings.
  • A subtitle delay label has been added for the subtitle delay button in the fullscreen video OSD.
  • Support has been added for script.audio.profiles

FULL CHANGELOG
Code:
9.5.18 (24-January-17)
- New status bar battery notification.
- Added "Add-on Settings" button to top options menu bar when an add-on is running.
- List View normal style now defaults to file icon when no icon is available.
- During fullscreen episode playback, Nextup Notification now includes In Progress episodes list.
- Fix for home screen widget fanart.
- Added support for script.audio.profiles
- Added subtitle delay label for subtitle delay button in the fullscreen video OSD.
- Added Reload Skin button to Skin Settings > Skin Settings.

During fullscreen episode playback, Nextup Notification now includes In Progress episodes list
"Playing Next" dialog

During fullscreen episode playback, Nextup Notification now includes In Progress episodes list
"Still There?" dialog

ENJOY!
UPDATE: Rapier 9.5.21 is available through the official Kodi repository!

This update improves and changes a lot of of code.

2 add-ons will be automatically installed with this update:
  • Skin Helper Backgrounds (script.skin.helper.backgrounds): This add-on is now used for all slideshow backgrounds for music, movies, videos, tv shows, music videos and pvr.
  • Skin Helper Widgets (script.skin.helper.widgets): This add-on is now used for some widgets

The reason for this is a major refactor of the Skin Helper add-on (script.skin.helper.service).
The new add-ons replaces and improves functions previously handled by script.skin.helper.service.

Some other hightlights are:
  • A "Download Extrafanart" button has been added to the video information window..

FULL CHANGELOG
Code:
9.5.21 (4-March-17)
- Added "Download Extrafanart" button to video information window.
- Updated script.skin.helper.service infolabels for v1.1.3
- Added support for script.skin.helper.skinbackup
- Added support for script.skin.helper.backgrounds
- Added support for script.skin.helper.widgets
- Decreased the size of home screen category icons.
- Added Fullscreen button to Player Controls dialog.
- Fix for PVR subchannel numbers.

ENJOY!
Can the ratings box, for script.user.rating , be moved from the middle of the screen? Also inn the advanced launcher views, I'd like for the games to be along the bottom or top, perhaps smaller, but in any event, allow the fan art to show, less obstructions, no fading or anything.
(2017-03-31, 18:55)blakblu Wrote: Can the ratings box, for script.user.rating , be moved from the middle of the screen?

Where and why do you want to move it?

All dialogs are centered, so you'll have to do it manually by editing the xml's.

(2017-03-31, 18:55)blakblu Wrote: Also inn the advanced launcher views, I'd like for the games to be along the bottom or top, perhaps smaller, but in any event, allow the fan art to show, less obstructions, no fading or anything.

Wrap Info 1 / 2 / 3 View will give you the option to show the games horizontal at the bottom.

Choose "Normal Style" in the view options and enable "Fanart Layout".
I'm currently working on improving the home screen.
Both to speed up performance, reduce skin size and to make it a bit more modern.

All categories now use a regular font, which means that category images are no longer needed.
This improves performance, reduces the overall size and is much easier when creating custom categories. Now you just enter the text for the custom category.

I have moved some info around, recently added widgets now contains 5 items, and slightly sped up category animations, which should make them more responsive.

To give an idea of what I mean:

OLD HOME SCREEN - MOVIES CATEGORY:

NEW HOME SCREEN - MOVIES CATEGORY:

Please compare the two images and write any thoughts on this.
You can click them to see them full size.
Thinner font looking good!
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapier 9.6.6 for Kodi 16 Jarvis [DEPRECATED]2