• 17(current)
Release Rapier 9.6.6 for Kodi 16 Jarvis [DEPRECATED]
(2017-04-30, 03:56)wannabegt4 Wrote: I had already made the change to remove them. I really don't want to manage my own fork of this. If I submit a pull request to add a skin setting do you think you'll approve it?

It's not that I don't want to code it, since it's a very minor addition.

It's that I always very carefully consider every and each skin setting to not bloat them.
Through the years, Rapier's skin settings have grown and grown, which is why I always try to remove, merge and improve this huge section.

If the demand gets high enough though, I'll reconsider.
UPDATE: Rapier 9.6.3 is available through the official Kodi repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

The highlights are:
  • Audio information during picture slideshow will now animate out after 5 seconds of idle time.
  • New media flags has been added: Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
    Add ".atmos" or "dtsx" / "dts-x" to the file name (needs to have TrueHD / Dolby Digital Plus audio for Dolby Atmos or DTS-HD Master Audio for DTS:X).
    See the new wiki section for proper naming of video files.

FULL CHANGELOG
Code:
9.6.3 (19-September-17)
- Added DTS:X media flag.
- Fix for missing artist slideshow images during music playback.
- Audio information during picture slideshow will now animate out after 5 seconds of idle time.
- Added media flag for Dolby Atmos.
- Removed resource.uisounds.rapier (Rapier UI Sounds) dependency.
- Fonts cleanup.
- Added scroll animation for list in subtitles dialog.
- Updated login screen.
- Updated language files from Transifex.
- Fixes for weather window.

ENJOY!
Anyone still using the tv tunes add-on?

I have seen reports of it not working anymore, and since it is banned I'm heavily considering removing support from Kodi 18 Leia.

Also the addon VideoExtras will be removed, since it's not an official addon anymore - and there's a newer addon removing it: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras
Throwing my vote in for "I don't use either." Wink
But I'm not exactly a "power user".
Thanks, it's nice with the feedback.
Thank u so much for that great Skin Smile
I changed from Aeon NOX and I love it !!

Just a short question:
I use the fanart backgrounds and it works like a charme Smile
But is there a way or an option, so that I can see the name of the movie in the fanart background?

Thank u very much

Kind regards
Kami Smile
(2018-10-09, 06:01)Kamikaze01 Wrote: Thank u so much for that great Skin Smile
I changed from Aeon NOX and I love it !!

Just a short question:
I use the fanart backgrounds and it works like a charme Smile
But is there a way or an option, so that I can see the name of the movie in the fanart background?

Thank u very much

Kind regards
Kami Smile

Hi Kami.

Thanks so much for the kind words and support. Glad you like the skin.

Sorry, there's no way to display the name of the movie of fanart background images.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Very soon I'm retiring v9 of the skin. So i highly encourage you to update to Kodi Krypton or Leia.
There are so many new features added in Kodi 10 and 11.
See the release threads for Rapier 10 and 11 for details about the new features.

Info and tips: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier
(2018-10-09, 06:57)Gade Wrote: Sorry, there's no way to display the name of the movie of fanart background images.

Sad
This was the only thing I liked at Aeon NOX.
I have 1500+ Movies in my Database and I LOVE the fanart circle.
I often see a fanart backgroumd and remember the movie.
But I can not remember the name of it Sad
Maybe this could be interesting for some future versions?

Or maybe there is an Add-on which can help me? If someone know, pls tell me Smile

Just the name of the Fanart File would be enough to see... Sad

Anyway I really like the Rapier Skin very much and looking forward to the next versions Smile

Thanks for developing this Smile))

Kind regards
Kami
(2018-10-09, 06:57)Gade Wrote: Very soon I'm retiring v9 of the skin. So i highly encourage you to update to Kodi Krypton or Leia.

RIP Rapier9. Looks like I'll be retiring my trusty old MacMini at the same time. I couldn't imagine running Kodi without Rapier.
Thank you for the years of hard work in maintaining all of the different versions of Rapier for us!

To clarify, I'll just be moving to a 2-device setup (Chromebox & Vero4k+) to replace the MacMini. Wink
(2018-10-09, 17:15)Kamikaze01 Wrote: Sad
This was the only thing I liked at Aeon NOX.
I have 1500+ Movies in my Database and I LOVE the fanart circle.
I often see a fanart backgroumd and remember the movie.
But I can not remember the name of it Sad
Maybe this could be interesting for some future versions?

Or maybe there is an Add-on which can help me? If someone know, pls tell me Smile

Just the name of the Fanart File would be enough to see... Sad

Anyway I really like the Rapier Skin very much and looking forward to the next versions Smile

Thanks for developing this Smile))

Kind regards
Kami

Hi Kami.

Sorry, I don't want to bloat the skin.
So it's not likely I will add the title of the fanart background.

It's fully possible though, using the add-on that delivers the backgrounds: script.skin.helper.backgrounds
But you'll have to mod the skin yourself to display the title.
All custom edits of the xml files are overwritten each time the skin is updated.
(2018-10-09, 17:34)runningnaked Wrote:
(2018-10-09, 06:57)Gade Wrote: Very soon I'm retiring v9 of the skin. So i highly encourage you to update to Kodi Krypton or Leia.

RIP Rapier9. Looks like I'll be retiring my trusty old MacMini at the same time. I couldn't imagine running Kodi without Rapier.
Thank you for the years of hard work in maintaining all of the different versions of Rapier for us!

To clarify, I'll just be moving to a 2-device setup (Chromebox & Vero4k+) to replace the MacMini. Wink 

Hi runningnaked.

Thanks so much for the kind words and dedicated support over the years.

Looks like I'm kind of forcing a hardware upgrade on your side? Wink
(2018-10-10, 10:25)Gade Wrote:
(2018-10-09, 17:34)runningnaked Wrote:

Hi runningnaked.

The MacMini has served me well over the years, but it chokes hard on HEVC, so a hardware upgrade was inevitable. You're just giving me that added incentive to modernize my setup! I'm really looking forward to Leia hitting final release, and playing with all the new goodies in Rapier11. Big Grin
(2018-10-10, 10:23)Gade Wrote: I don't want to bloat the skin.

It's fully possible though, using the add-on that delivers the backgrounds: script.skin.helper.backgrounds
All custom edits of the xml files are overwritten each time the skin is updated.

Thank u for the answer.
I understand and respect ur hard work.
I don't think this would bloat the skin, as I think more users would be happy about such a feature Smile

Fanart Name or No Name - Anyway it is one of the best skins I ever used !!!

Is there any "HowTo" for the script.skin.helper.backgrounds so I can try this for my system? :/
I can edit my XML but I don't know what to change...

Thank u
Kind regards
Kami

Btw: I am already on Version 10 ;-)
(2018-10-10, 17:15)runningnaked Wrote:
(2018-10-10, 10:25)Gade Wrote:
(2018-10-09, 17:34)runningnaked Wrote: RIP Rapier9. Looks like I'll be retiring my trusty old MacMini at the same time. I couldn't imagine running Kodi without Rapier.

Hi runningnaked.

The MacMini has served me well over the years, but it chokes hard on HEVC, so a hardware upgrade was inevitable. You're just giving me that added incentive to modernize my setup! I'm really looking forward to Leia hitting final release, and playing with all the new goodies in Rapier11. Big Grin 

Sounds great.

The new features in Kodi 18 and Rapier 11 are amazing!
Look in the first post of the official release thread for details.
(2018-10-10, 21:01)Kamikaze01 Wrote:
(2018-10-10, 10:23)Gade Wrote: I don't want to bloat the skin.

Thank u for the answer.
I understand and respect ur hard work.
I don't think this would bloat the skin, as I think more users would be happy about such a feature Smile

Fanart Name or No Name - Anyway it is one of the best skins I ever used !!!

Is there any "HowTo" for the script.skin.helper.backgrounds so I can try this for my system? :/
I can edit my XML but I don't know what to change...

Thank u
Kind regards
Kami

Btw: I am already on Version 10 ;-) 

Hi Kami.

Thanks again for the kind words. I really appreciate it.

I'll think about the fanart name, but don't get your hopes up for this one. Wink

Let me know if you have any other questions.

There's a how-to for script.skin.helper.backgrounds here: https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...ackgrounds
The infolabel you're looking for depends on your background setting:

Code:
Title of the movie when using random fanart backgrounds: $INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.AllMoviesBackground.title)]
Title of the movie when using recent fanart backgrounds: $INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.RecentMoviesBackground.title)]
Title of the movie when using unwatched fanart backgrounds: $INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.UnwatchedMoviesBackground.title)]
Title of the movie when using in progress fanart backgrounds: $INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.InProgressMoviesBackground.title)]

You can create a label control wherever in the skin, where you would like the title displayed.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapier 9.6.6 for Kodi 16 Jarvis [DEPRECATED]2