Mod Live TV Plot info
Hi Sharp, please put me out of my misery! i was going to do a small mod to your skin (without having to bother you again!) i wanted to increase the number of lines in the Live TV plot - which appears when you press "i" in fullscreen TV. The reason being that with the large font selected, it only shows 2 lines of text and becomes quite difficult to read, especially if the text is long and it starts scrolling!

I'm quite happy to do this myself as i think you said you dont really use LiveTV.. i've looked in the debug file and i get "Window Deinit (DialogSeekBar.xml) ------" directly after OnKey: i (0xf049) pressed, action is Info, which makes sense as it shows the progress bar, & time etc.... however i cant understand where the files relates to the plot which appears at the bottom of the screen, i was presuming it was an include..... any pointers would be gratefully received!
Hi Ash

It's all in VideoFullScreen.xml.

Line 197 is the Plot height stuff.

Hope that helps mate
Thats great thanks mate..... I've made a quick mod. which now shows 3 lines of the plot/info when large text is selected, (before it was 2 and scrolled quicker with a shorter delay) i've also delayed and slowed the scroll slightly....- i've tested this on Live TV, TV shows & Movies.... let me know if you want the file to incorporate into you main download...

thanks again!

Ash

P.S - i don't usually watch XFactor!!!! it just happened to be the only program with a large plot! - just to clear that up!

Cool..yeah send me your changes I'll stick them in.

Large plot eh - you're fooling no one Wink
Here you go, you should be able to download from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzTGdq-S8gaxODFyMmpTeF9yRjg/view?usp=sharing
Ok thanks Ash - I'll make some tweaks and get it so that if you've selected large fonts you'll have the extra space in plot info.
Yeah that would be cool, I was going to try and work out how to do some conditional stuff but it got a bit too complicated!
Okay sorry for the delay in getting this in - didn't seem to have enough time to do any work on the skin during the last few weeks,

Anyhow I couldn't find a visibility condition based on current font in use - seems like it was never added (which is fair enough) so I just went ahead and made a new skin setting under the "General" heading called Increase Video OSD Plot Length. If you have large fonts enabled, then toggling that on will get your extra plot length,

I've added the changes to the SVN and the download link - as usual once I'm happy with it I'll ask to get it added to the main KODI repo,

Cheers
Cool cheers Sharp

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV Plot info0