Beta tinyMediaManager v2.7 nightly [CLOSED]
DO NOT USE THIS VERSION ON YOUR REAL FILES !!!
This is an unstable development version, where many bugs can occur!

Within the last months tinyMediaManager has constantly grown and thus we decided to do some general cleanup of the whole source to prepare it for the next months/years of development Wink

1.) First of all Google Code announced to close their source code hosting service and with this step we also moved our source code to GitHub, changed the code management tool from svn to git, the build chain from ant to maven.

2.) Furthermore we've extracted some core code needed by the scraper to its own API (link) to provide an interface for 3rd party scraper developers. Hand in hand with that process we've extracted and refactored all our scrapers to their own projects.

3.) We've also changed our internal database engine from ObjectDb to a more maintainable (and opensource!) library H2-MVStore and JSON. This change boosted the overall performance of tinyMediaManager and is more failsafe than the old one. The drawback it, that all users have to "import" their library again into tinyMediaManager (update data sources)

All in all you see that in the last months there has been a lot of work with this project and now we're proud to announce a public beta of version 2.7. You can find it at http://nightly.tinymediamanager.org/ for Windows/MacOSX and Linux.

Be aware: version 2.7 is still in a beta phase - it has been intensively tested by us, but there might be some bugs. Do not use that on productive data unless you know what you are doing (or have backup data Big Grin)

Code:
Version 2.7
=======================
IMPORTANT: with the update to version 2.7 the internal database will be deleted due to
           internal changes. You only need to re-import (update data sources) your movies
           and TV shows

With the update to 2.7 there are massive changes under the hood of tinyMediaManager:
- moved source code management to GitHub and changed the build system to maven
- changed the internal database engine from ObjectDB to H2-MVStore + JSON
  this change makes tinyMediaManager more robust and faster
- introduced a new infrastructure for scrapers which makes developing new
  scrapers less complex and opens the scraper interface to other developers

+ rewrote all scrapers from scratch (including optimizations and bug fixes)
+ added a very special scraper for all that who have Kodi installed ;) (donator only)
+ assign movie sets feature is now free for all (dropped donator only status)
+ added automatic trailer download at scrape (dropped donator only status for trailer download)
+ added "date added" to the columns of the movie list
+ enhanced UI language to enable country specific translations (e.g. pt_BR)
+ changed trakt.tv login mode to PIN auth (you may re-check your settings)
+ added media info editor (some fields from media info are now maintain able)
+ added title sortable to TV shows section
+ added displayepisode and displayseason for TV shows
+ added option to persist UI filter settings
+ added native file- and directory-open dialogs
+ updated mediainfo to 0.7.78 and generalized folder structure
+ added <streamdetails> tag for episodes
+ refactored episode chooser (search for episode is now available)
+ take the date added from the video file where possible
+ changed behavior of the _new_ state: it will now be dropped at the next update data source  
  the new indicator changed from the green font to an icon
x changed NFO rewriting behavior to be less aggressive
x prevent setting incomplete meta data when scraping was not successful
x adding special characters to the sort title prefixes is now possible
x several fixes in the movie renamer              
x reworked internal representation of artwork file names/url
  (high performance boost for movie sets)
x reworked movie name detection  
x enhanced detection of extras (samples, trailers, ..)
x updated all templates to our actual data model and JMTE 3.2
x fixed special character handling of sort titles
x fixed real offline startup
x fixed cleanup on artwork scraping
x fixed NFO importing issue when having multiple tags
x fixed display of "never ending" tasks
x fixed file name generation of movie/tv show export templates
x fixed finding of additional files for episodes
x fixed writing of watched state in MediaPortal NFO
x fixed/improved trakt.tv episode sync  
x many smaller fixes and enhancements
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Very good and thanks for your constant work.
I will test this version right away.

I like your work and I'ld like to participate in it's development, unfortunately, i have no time for this.
But I use the soft every day, so I can take time to beta test it ^_^
Sorry for my english, I'm just a poor frenchy.
Si ce que tu as dire n'est pas plus beau que le silence... Tais-toi.
+ added a very special scraper for all that who have Kodi installed Wink (donator only)

What will do for us that have Kodi installed?
you can use the Kodi scrapers (xmls) from within tmm.
But thw hole process is just as good as the Kodi scrapers are (and some of them are still buggy..)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
updated changelog
Finally I got some time to try. It looks promising... Big Grin

However I got some "problem" (I know it is beta, just would like to mention...):Blush

- update data sources takes much much longer than before ( a first one "importing", I understand, but the next one should be faster... not?) 2.6.9 much faster right now.

- added option to persist UI filter settings (or I misunderstood the function):
partly working for me, does not mater if I using extended filter shorting, or just on main screen clicking on the column heather row to short. After restarting tmm the shorting method always set back to: title/ascending.

I installed it by copying/overwriting to the existing 2.6.9 directory (c:\Users\Dezmo\AppData\Roaming\tinyMediaManager),
version=2.7-SNAPSHOT
build=nightly
date=2015-10-28 23\:23

(INTEL NUC I5, 8GB, 56GB SSD, W7sp1, java 1.8._066)
Angel
the new version should be faster (at least in my performance comparisons it was Big Grin)
could you start with a clean database and send us a bug report after the update datasources? (would be cool if you do that one time with 2.6.9 and one time with 2.7 )

at the moment only the "filter" will be persisted - not the sorting (because sorting is being done at two locations and I could not unify that yet..)
I ve sent the logs.

There are two machines and here is my analysis result (i hope you will find more accurately in the log files)

So I made a mistake: compared two different machines result... that was the reason why I stated above if the new version is slow, but of course it is wrong...Blush
I did not think if the 3rd gen I7 is still much faster than 5th gen i5.
Sorry for any inconvenience!

i5 5th gen 8GB ram, SSD (Intel NUC)
---------------------------
tmm269
time:
~7:50min update datasources fresh (~1200 new films)
~50min getting medianfo
restart tmm
~7:13min update datasources no new films added time:
~0 getting medianfo
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
tmm2.7-2015-10-30
time:
~6:00min update datasources fresh (~1200 new films)
~1h20min getting medianfo
restart tmm
~6:20min update datasources no new films added time:
~0 getting medianfo

i7 3rd gen 16GB ram, SSD (Acer laptop)
tmm269
time:
? update datasources fresh (~1200 new films)
? getting medianfo
restart tmm
~25sec update datasources no new films added time:
~0 getting medianfo
tmm2.7-2015-10-30
time:
~30sec update datasources fresh (~1200 new films)
~25min getting medianfo
restart tmm
~25sec update datasources no new films added time:
~0 getting medianfo
Hello Sir - i have a Question

In this Changelog List what is the X at beginning of the line

like this:

means it is on working list but not implemented yet?

anyway, thanks for your work
@Dezmo: I'll have a look at your logs, but as far as I can see by the durations it looks like the "network" is the bottleneck. updating media info (reading meta data out of your video files and images) causes a lot of network traffic. Having a "slow" network connection (or worse wifi Big Grin) will slow down the process a lot (also a "slow" NAS like a 2 bay synology/qnap can slow it down..)

E.g. at home I have a rather potent NAS with gigabit network interface and a update data source (~520 movies) took for a haswell i5
~20 sec update data sources
~5:30 for getting mediainfo
and there was a constant network traffic of about 20 - 30MB/sec while getting media info..

@Romek_original: the X indicates a fix for an existing problem whereas a + indicates a new feature Wink
Hi mlaggner,

Thanks for your answer. For sure you are right (again Big Grin )

I just checked network traffic in my NAS (synology DS411j) during update datasources both of my machines. The average network speed is:
50-60KB/s when NUC
200-220KB/s when Acer laptop

Both are connected by Ethernet cable like this:

ISP router -- NUC
|
SWITCH -- DS411j
|----------- ACER

I have to check my settings in the NUC what is causing slower network.

Currently it is not so important, because the "main" tmm is running on Acer, fast enough Wink.
NUC is only for Kodi and its network speed is good enough for that.

-----
BTW. To keep sorting method the only thing is missing for me now Blush
Ok so i just tested the newest version because:

makes me more than happy

but it still crash (when this fix was not for this, so i did unterstand it wrong, than please jsut ignore me)
if there are still crashes please send us a bug report after the crash occurs
Hello,
The last version (tmm_2.7-SNAPSHOT_bb08c46_win.zip) crashes when I run it.
The log:

2015-11-05 08:55:24,864 INFO [main] org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager:141 - =====================================================
2015-11-05 08:55:24,864 INFO [main] org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager:142 - === tinyMediaManager © 2012-2015 Manuel Laggner ===
2015-11-05 08:55:24,864 INFO [main] org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager:143 - =====================================================
2015-11-05 08:55:24,864 INFO [main] org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager:144 - tmm.version : 2.7-SNAPSHOT - NIGHTLY
2015-11-05 08:55:25,503 INFO [main] org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager:150 - os.name : Windows 7
2015-11-05 08:55:25,503 INFO [main] org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager:151 - os.version : 6.1
2015-11-05 08:55:25,503 INFO [main] org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager:152 - os.arch : x86
2015-11-05 08:55:25,519 INFO [main] org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager:154 - java.version : 1.8.0_45
2015-11-05 08:55:25,519 INFO [main] org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager:589 - default encoding : UTF-8 | UTF8 | UTF-8
2015-11-05 08:55:25,519 INFO [main] org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager:589 - set encoding to : UTF-8 | UTF8 | UTF-8
2015-11-05 08:55:25,519 INFO [main] org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager:179 - System language : fr_FR
2015-11-05 08:55:25,519 INFO [main] org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager:180 - GUI language : fr_FR
2015-11-05 08:55:25,519 INFO [main] org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager:181 - Scraper language : English
2015-11-05 08:55:25,519 INFO [main] org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager:182 - TV Scraper lang : English
2015-11-05 08:55:25,659 INFO [main] org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager:230 - =====================================================
2015-11-05 08:55:25,690 DEBUG [main] org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager:481 - Startup (0%) starting tinyMediaManager
2015-11-05 08:55:25,690 INFO [main] org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager:235 - starting tinyMediaManager
2015-11-05 08:55:25,831 ERROR [main] org.tinymediamanager.core.Settings:770 - could not parse proxy port: null
2015-11-05 08:55:25,831 DEBUG [main] org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager:481 - Startup (20%) loading MediaInfo libs
2015-11-05 08:55:25,831 DEBUG [main] org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager:444 - Loading native mediainfo lib from: native/windows-x86
2015-11-05 08:55:25,956 INFO [main] org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager:449 - Using MediaInfoLib - v0.7.78
2015-11-05 08:55:25,956 DEBUG [main] org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager:481 - Startup (30%) loading movie module
2015-11-05 08:55:26,299 INFO [main] o.tinymediamanager.core.movie.MovieList:316 - found 0 movies in database
2015-11-05 08:55:26,299 INFO [main] o.tinymediamanager.core.movie.MovieList:336 - found 0 movieSets in database
2015-11-05 08:55:26,299 DEBUG [main] org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager:481 - Startup (40%) loading TV show module
2015-11-05 08:55:26,346 INFO [main] o.t.core.tvshow.TvShowList:255 - found 0 TV shows in database
2015-11-05 08:55:26,346 INFO [main] o.t.core.tvshow.TvShowList:285 - found 0 episodes in database
2015-11-05 08:55:26,346 DEBUG [main] org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager:481 - Startup (50%) loading plugins
2015-11-05 08:55:26,377 DEBUG [main] org.tinymediamanager.core.PluginManager:64 - loading classpath plugins...
2015-11-05 08:55:26,377 DEBUG [main] org.tinymediamanager.core.PluginManager:72 - Done loading classpath plugins - took 00:00:00.000
2015-11-05 08:55:26,392 ERROR [main] org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager:349 - IllegalStateException
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Stopwatch must be reset before being restarted.
at org.apache.commons.lang3.time.StopWatch.start(StopWatch.java:179) ~[commons-lang3.jar:3.4]
at org.tinymediamanager.core.PluginManager.getInstance(PluginManager.java:75) ~[tmm.jar:2.7-SNAPSHOT]
at org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager$1.run(TinyMediaManager.java:284) ~[tmm.jar:2.7-SNAPSHOT]
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_45]
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_45]
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_45]
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_45]
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_45]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) [na:1.8.0_45]
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_45]
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_45]
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_45]
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_45]
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_45]
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_45]
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_45]
2015-11-05 08:55:26,392 ERROR [main] org.tinymediamanager.Log4jBackstop:37 - Uncaught exception in thread: main
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Stopwatch must be reset before being restarted.
at org.apache.commons.lang3.time.StopWatch.start(StopWatch.java:179) ~[commons-lang3.jar:3.4]
at org.tinymediamanager.core.PluginManager.getInstance(PluginManager.java:75) ~[tmm.jar:2.7-SNAPSHOT]
at org.tinymediamanager.TinyMediaManager$1.run(TinyMediaManager.java:284) ~[tmm.jar:2.7-SNAPSHOT]
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_45]
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_45]
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_45]
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_45]
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_45]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_45]
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_45]
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_45]
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_45]
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_45]
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_45]
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) [na:1.8.0_45]

Can you see what's happen?

Regards.
yes, i f*cked up the last build Big Grin
please close all java instances, and run the updater. Should be fine now Smile
Download version should also work
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager v2.7 nightly [CLOSED]0