Text Entry Widget
i have just started using python and i am trying to use the controlbutton widget. i noticed that when i add a button, it doesn't look like a button, it simply looks like a label blending into the background until i select it, at which time it looks like a button.

i am simply using "controlbutton(posx, posy, sizex, sizey, font)"

can someone suggest the right way of making the button visible when not selected?

also, i noticed in this post that there were changes made to python and added to cvs as recent as april 6th, but the only version i found in cvs is approx 2 months old (ver 1.3).
is that the latest up to date version?

thanks for your help.
your default button color is probably the same as your background color therefore it blends in possibly.
have you tried supplying a focus texture and a no focus texture? here is the relevant info from the python_readme.txt.

Quote:xbmcgui.controlbutton(int x, int y, int width, int height[, string text, string texturefocus, string texture nofocus])

the texturefocus and texturenofocus parameters will probably need to be full paths to the texture files unless you are reusing the textures in texture.xpr (i.e. q:\skin\mediacenter\media\buttonfocus.png). you can call xbmc.getskindir() instead of hard coding "mediacenter" in the path if you like...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Text Entry Widget0