Music video library in Kodi?
I have posted about Music Videos before and what does and doesn't work file naming wise (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=163814)

I also have Trac ticket open, regarding Kodi not reading .NFO file for Music Videos (http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16183#ticket). Which I find really bizarre as .NFO files work under Movies, TV Shows, and Music.

There is a link between Music and Music Videos, in that Posters and Fanart from the Music section, will show up (sometimes) for Music Videos of the same artists.

Basically, Music and Music Videos are undergoing a lot of changes lately (lots of new work being done with MusicBrainz, which is awesome), so hopefully the Kodi dev's will continue to kick ass, and make Music and Music Videos sections on par with what the Movies and TV Shows sections can do.
T
(2015-10-02, 01:06)the_bo Wrote: Hi steva

Ive setup a much simplier solution for my music videos no need for scraping. Heres how it looks

Browsing Artists

When you click on artist shows music videos

First create a folder for each artist and place the music videos inside them.

Inside each artist folder. Find an image for the artist poster and rename it folder.jpg

Kodi will create a snapshot of the video file at a particular point. But sometimes it doesnt get a good shot so if u want a custom image for each of your music video then save the image the same as the music video name adding -poster at the end. e.g if the music video is called ROCK SHOW.mp4 then save the image as ROCK SHOW-poster.jpg. Make sure image is saved in same location as music video.

It may be time consuming getting an image for each music video. But it looks well in the end.

To display background image of artist. Save image as fanart.jpg in artist folder. Search google images setting image size for 1920x1080 and you will find good artist backgrounds.

Then add the folder containing all your music videos into kodi selecting "music videos" as source. Select local files.

Thats it. If your looking to get the same look as above i suggest using the Aeon Mq5 mod by scott s. Heres forum link 221151 (thread)

I also suggest getting familar with the amazing Texture cache maintenance utility by millhouse, because once you browse through the music video library the images will be cached so if u want to make a change on an image you will first have to remove it from the cache before it picks up the new image.

To recap in each artist folder. you should have images such as folder.jpg, fanart.jpg, musicvideoname-poster for each music video

i hope that will get you started, and sure let me know if your having trouble in any part of it ill be glad to help Smile

Thanks...just tried doing that with a couple artists & videos to test it out & the artists names show up & the artist image I set as folder.jpg, but when I click on it all I see is "..." & no video titles, fanart images or any way to play them. I know you mentioned Kodi would make screenshots but seems it didn't happen. What am I doing wrong??

Is there a way to sort all my videos in Kodi by genre & also have the year display when selecting them?

Also, I seem to have gotten mp4s to tag now, apparently it was a matter of the YT downloader extension saving them as "webm" mp4s?? or with some kind of anti-piracy defense that wont allow the info to be changed, something like that..I reconverted my videos with another progam & now tagging works thankfully..&regardless of it mattering in Kodi or not, I still want my library organized
(2015-09-30, 23:35)scott967 Wrote:
(2015-09-29, 23:40)stevaside Wrote:
(2015-09-29, 04:41)scott967 Wrote: I have all my music video tagged using MediaMonkey. I'm not sure what problem you are having there, best ask on the MM forums.

I find that Kodi will find an embedded cover image in mp4 during music video scan and will use that as the thumb. Otherwise it uses a frame capture from the vid.

Since MediaMonkey works for me, I have a script that extracts the tags and creates an nfo file from them.

As it turns out, you can call your music video content "music" in Kodi and it will scan the mp4 file tags. That's unsupported "feature" though.

For some reason it does make a difference if you view your music video from the music library nodes vice the video library nodes. In either case you can create an artist view. The artist art (thumb/fanart) comes from the music library so only exists if you have that artist in the music library. There is also an album view, but no art is available.

When you look at music video titles/tracks, there is a thumb/poster/fanart available that works like other video types.

You can play music video playlists in "party mode".

scott s.

I just don't understand, besides MM, tried 4 other programs that claim to tag mp4s & none worked, most gave a "cannot open file" or "unable to write" error...

Will I be able to fill in all the fields manually like I want for them once I add them to Kodi & choose the option to have screenshots used for art ? Within the progam itself or in Ember Media Manager I think it was that I was able to correct wrong fields with for my movies last year

Sounds like a problem on your file read/write permissions. But at least in MM, it keeps its own database so you can turn off tag reading and/or writing and just build the internal database, which becomes the basis for extracting nfo file data.

scott s.

It turned out the add on I was using to download videos off of Youtube left some kind of copyright deal where it wouldn't let me edit the info..After using a converter, it reduced the quality a little, but I was now able to save tags to mp4s [so now have a whole nother issue about finding how to download them without that or finding a program that will remove the DRM or whatever it is and not effect video qualityAngry]

Anyways trying things out with the mp4s I tagged, I still am losing my mind over here trying to get music videos to show up the way I want in Kodi..Is there ANY program out there that can just simply let me enter in the information and images myself manually for each video, and then create a folder and NFO for me? Apparently all the stuff out there that used to do this is not working anymore] If I can find something out there that can accomplish this for once, I think I might just start getting somewhere

And whatever I have got to somewhat work in Kodi so far..or at least show up...there is NO option to select my music video library by genre, all that was showing was artist, year and album

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music video library in Kodi?0