Error: Exception caught on main loop.exiting
I have the same error and Kodi will not start all all. Running windows 7.
@Garfield1978

Does your GPU support DX11? You give very little detail.
Many people are running Kodi on Win7 without issues.
Please provide info by running WinKey +R msinfo32 (enter) (especially under components/display)
Im not Garfield, but I have the same problem so I will answer.

I have a 980 Ti GPU, Windows 10, tried re-installating Kodi several times. I tried Kodi 17 dev build, this does work, but alot of other things does not in this version of Kodi.

I tried several things, nothing works. I'm too tired right now to write everything down. Anything special you think I should try that I might not have?

Edit: Now tried alot of older versions of Kodi, does not work. I have noticed that Kodi does not crash if it's not in focus. So I can start Kodi, highlight another window and it will run in the background until I highlight Kodi.
I was on Isengard and everything worked fine. Decided to update to Jarvis and got the error on starting the application, every time. Uninstalled Jarvis, reinstalled Isengard and everything is working fine again. Doesn't matter if you're on AMD or Intel, it's a problem with Kodi...at least for me.
I solved my Error : Exception caught on main loop.exiting .
Disable = Enable Joystick and gamepad support , on system settings.

Kodi 16.1 Jarvis

Erro detail>>>
14:00:39 T:4624 NOTICE: CJoystick::EnumJoysticksCallback : Enabled Joystick: USB Gamepad
14:00:39 T:4624 NOTICE: CJoystick::EnumJoysticksCallback : Total Axis: 5 Total Hats: 1 Total Buttons: 12
14:00:39 T:5412 ERROR: CJobWorker:Tonguerocess error processing job ProgressJob
I have this problem playing .AVI files. I think that's the only type of file that dumps but its pretty regular. I have tried all the suggestions above to no avail. Any more ideas?
(2016-05-21, 19:17)mrbison Wrote: I solved my Error : Exception caught on main loop.exiting .
Disable = Enable Joystick and gamepad support , on system settings.

Kodi 16.1 Jarvis

Erro detail>>>
14:00:39 T:4624 NOTICE: CJoystick::EnumJoysticksCallback : Enabled Joystick: USB Gamepad
14:00:39 T:4624 NOTICE: CJoystick::EnumJoysticksCallback : Total Axis: 5 Total Hats: 1 Total Buttons: 12
14:00:39 T:5412 ERROR: CJobWorker:Tonguerocess error processing job ProgressJob
Wow. Disconnecting my Fanatec CSR wheel and pedals solved the problem for me, thanks. I have now disabled Joystick and Gamepad support in the settings and now it works even if I have my wheel etc connected.
Thanks this was exactly my problem, I had a Saitek gamepad plugged in!!!
Just registered to say thanks and confirm.
Yes disabling joystick and gamepad support in Kodi worked for me as well. Thank you very much for posting solution.
Thumbs Up 
OK people, I had my phone plugged into the PC. Read the above, removed the USB and all is right with the world
disabling Joystick support seems to work for me too. Thank you..
Hmm. update. No i still seem to having this problem. It seems to happen if i pause a video and go outside of kodi.
It is Nvidia related since disabling nvidia adapter in device manager kodi functions normally.
I just installed Kodi 16.1 and before entering in Kodi I get "exeption caught on main loop".
So I cannot enter in Kodi and change some setting.
I tried to install Kodi 17: the screen stays blocked in the first Kodi's page without entering and without the above error.
I tried to update my drivers with Driver booster but I had not any success.
What can I do?
This is my pc (unfortunately in Italian) to see how it works:

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-50 43 °C
Tecnologia Taylor 90nm
RAM
3,00GB Canale Singolo DDR2 @ 319 MHz (5-5-5-15)
Scheda Madre
Dell Inc. 0XM006 (Microprocessor)
Grafica
Monitor generico Plug and Play (1280x800@60Hz)
ATI Video ATI (Dell)
Memorizzazione
232GB Seagate ST9250410ASG ATA Device (SATA) 44 °C
Drive Ottici
SONY CDRW/DVD CRX830E ATA Device
Audio
Dispositivo High Definition Audio
Sistema Operativo
Windows 7 Professional 32-bit SP1
Tipo computer: Portatile
Data installazione: 12/01/2016 23:22:54
Numero di Serie: 32KD2-K9CTF-M3DJT-4J3WC-733WD
Centro Sicurezza Windows
Controllo Accesso Utente (UAC) Disattivato
Firewall Attivato
Windows Update
Aggiornamenti Automatici Non configurato
Windows Defender
Windows Defender Disattivato
Antivirus
Antivirus Attivato
Nome Azienda Microsoft
Nome Visualizzato Microsoft Security Essentials
Versione Prodotto 4.8.204.0
Database firme virali Aggiornato
.NET Frameworks installati
v4.5 Full
v4.5 Client
v3.5 SP1
v3.0 SP2
v2.0 SP2
Internet Explorer
Versione 11.0.9600.18163
PowerShell
Versione 2.0
Variabili di ambiente
USERPROFILE C:\Users\SARA
SystemRoot C:\Windows
Variabili utente
TEMP C:\Users\SARA\AppData\Local\Temp
TMP C:\Users\SARA\AppData\Local\Temp
Variabili macchina
ComSpec C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe
FP_NO_HOST_CHECK NO
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS 2
OS Windows_NT
Path C:\Windows\system32
C:\Windows
C:\Windows\system32\wbem
C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static
PATHEXT .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER x86 Family 15 Model 72 Stepping 2, AuthenticAMD
PROCESSOR_LEVEL 15
PROCESSOR_REVISION 4802
PSModulePath C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\
TEMP C:\Windows\TEMP
TMP C:\Windows\TEMP
I don't think 'Driver booster' is a good source of your machines hardware drivers, go directly to the AMD site and pick up a proper driver. Your system might have an issue with the graphic engine, please check the link in my signature for supported hardware. Try this http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/ol...engard.exe
(2017-03-04, 20:07)PatK Wrote: I don't think 'Driver booster' is a good source of your machines hardware drivers, go directly to the AMD site and pick up a proper driver. Your system might have an issue with the graphic engine, please check the link in my signature for supported hardware. Try this http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/ol...engard.exe
I was afraid Driver booster was not the best way to act so some minutes ago I have updated on the AMD site the graphic driver.
Anyway Kodi gives the same error. Now I try to install the Isengard version of Kodi and I will let you know
thanks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error: Exception caught on main loop.exiting1