Req PVR - Clicking on channel with recording in progress should play recording
In the channel view, when a recording is in progress for a channel and you click on the channel, you get an error message that the channel is unavailable.

I think the expected behavior for most users familiar with a PVR is that clicking on the channel would begin playback of the active recording, either from the beginning or close to the live time index. A menu giving the option of playing back the recording would be also be an improvement, although I think the ideal UX is to immediately play the recording.
What PVR backend are you using? On ServerWMC if I click on a channel that is currently recording, it asks me if I want to start the playback from the beginning of the recording.

Sounds like a backend specific issue. Have you looked in the sub forum for your PVR backend? I'd start there,
I'm using mythtv on Jarvis. It sounds like it might be specific to that. Thanks!
I use Myth on Kodi 15.1, when i click on a channel from the channel selector screen (the 1st screen when you first hit "Live TV") and it's scheduled to record i get a message saying whether i want view the stat of the recording or just to view live?
That's really weird! I tried clicking and pressing "Enter", both just say "channel unavailable." Bringing up the context menu let's me stop the recording but not play it. I looked through all of the TV settings and can't find anything that would seem to relate to this. Hmm...
what PVR addon version are you using?

try using the latest in Janbars PPA:
ppa: ppa:jlbarriere68/ppa https://launchpad.net/~jlbarriere68/+archive/ppa
I'm using the the latest version of kodi-pvr-mythtv from the official repository, 3.3.6. Is Janbar's significantly better?
Are you sure that's the correct version number? I believe 2.7.3 is the latest version In Janbars PPA for Kodi 15.xx... I certainly don't have issues with it (I did with the earlier versions in helix). I would recommend that you upgrade.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR - Clicking on channel with recording in progress should play recording0