Win Accessing Kodi from outside a firewall
Question 
I'm trying to arrange access to Kodi from outside a firewall. I have access from inside the firewall working, but outside it, I won't be able to predict the IP address. I set my router up to forward a specific port to the PC with Kodi. But from there...I have no idea.
Will Pittenger
Are you using a Windows based computer ?
If so you can use something like dyndns so you only need to know the dns name you created and not the up number that can change
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
DNS name? Is that a domain name you have to rent access to? And yes, I put "Windows" in the title as that's the local platform. Remote platform might be Android though.
Will Pittenger
Well, I looked up dyndns. $40 per year. Given I won't need it often, I don't think it's worth it.
Will Pittenger
Hmm they used to have a free service.
Try no-ip.com
It will run in your taskbar with one of there tools.
And will keep a eye on your ip number.
If it changes for what kind of reason it updated so you can access it.
Well, I checked site out. Don't need it yet. Google's related ("related:no-ip.com") search turned up changeip.com and dnsexit too.
Will Pittenger
Well your google skills aren't that good, Wink
But my typing is worse Smile
Try http://www.noip.com
More info here
http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer...s-service/
Also some routers have a option like this build in.
Like my Asus router n66u something like that
There are several. It's also worth looking in your router, as several makers have deals with DDNS providers, and provide services within their hardware to keep the provider automatically updated with the relevant public IP address (you normally have to run a program somewhere on your network to do that).

For example Netgear have a deal with Noip, with that you get a free domain address to redirect to your IP address.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Accessing Kodi from outside a firewall0