kodi package is missing in new official Raspbian Jessie
There is a new official raspbian distro with Debian Jessie (2015-09-24): https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/ but the kodi package is missing, the kodi package was included in the previous version Wheezy.

Code:
root@rpi:/etc/apt# apt-get install kodi
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package kodi

According to Kodi Wiki: Raspbian - Up-to-date versions of Kodi are now on the default Raspbian repositories

Is it pending ? Should I ask in raspbian forum instead ?
Hmm Confused I just bought the new touchscreen to run kodi as a music player, cuz I can't get Pi-Jukebox to work.
Tho I need latest version Jessie to use the touch part.
Then use OSMC instead: it's based on Debian Jessie and is running Kodi 15.2 atm.
If you search their Forum, you will see that work on that touchscreen has already started.
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
We have some preliminary touchscreen support in OSMC's September update. Some more improvements will follow in the October update

Cheers

Sam
(2015-10-05, 19:45)Fry7 Wrote: Then use OSMC instead: it's based on Debian Jessie and is running Kodi 15.2 atm.
If you search their Forum, you will see that work on that touchscreen has already started.

I tried the last OSMC release and It's quite close to what I need, however I found a bit annoying issue, I want the rpi2 to startup in console mode, no X-Windows, so I disabled the mediacente.service but then the osmc shows a splash screen forever :-(

How can I configure it to run in console mode and launch the mediacenter on demand ?

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: I changed the runlevel with the command:

Code:
ln -s  /lib/systemd/system/multi-user.target /etc/systemd/system/default.target

But the splash screen still appears, however I can access to the console changing the tty: ALT_KEY+F2, F3, F4, ...

So, the current status is Ok for me but I'm curious about how to remove the OSMC splash and boot directly in tty1 with the prompt for login.
As outlined in the OSMC Wiki:

Follow: https://osmc.tv/wiki/general/starting-an...ping-kodi/ to stop Kodi from booting.

Then sudo systemctl enable getty@tty1. If you want no splash screen, even on boot, remove 'quiet' from /boot/cmdline.txt

Sam
(2015-10-12, 20:04)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: Then sudo systemctl enable getty@tty1. If you want no splash screen, even on boot, remove 'quiet' from /boot/cmdline.txt

It worked like a charm Nod Thank you.

BTW, It was not necessary to change the runlevel, so I deleted the file /etc/systemd/system/default.target that I created previously
The Wiki still says that the jessie repository does not contain kodi.

I just installed kodi using "sudo apt-get install kodi".

But there are two issues.

1. It is "only" 15.1Rolleyes
2. It seems there are no PVR-addons in the repository. Why?
I want to use the Vu+-addon.Undecided

Yes, I know there are special distributions like OpenELEC and OSMC. Wink
(2015-11-17, 01:26)GodzillaXP Wrote: The Wiki still says that the jessie repository does not contain kodi.

I just installed kodi using "sudo apt-get install kodi".

But there are two issues.

1. It is "only" 15.1Rolleyes
2. It seems there are no PVR-addons in the repository. Why?
I want to use the Vu+-addon.Undecided

Yes, I know there are special distributions like OpenELEC and OSMC. Wink

Same here, it installs 15.1 but on Jessie Official Repo I can see 15.2 now....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi package is missing in new official Raspbian Jessie0