New HTPC
I am new to using Kodi and I have a few questions.

Where can I get a copy of kodibuntu 15.2 Isengard? I can only find the iso for 14.0

How do I set the audio output to simultaneously come out of HDMI (for my TV) and the analog output (for my amp?

Also, has anyone successfully used a TBS 6205 DVB-T/T2 card with kodibuntu? I install the driver from the CD using make install and the card still does not show up in kodibuntu settings

Failing the above, does anyone know of an alternative product that will achieve the same thing? I need to get this HTPC up and running ASAP and I do not want to have to buy a copy of windows

Thank you
You may need to install the Kodi PPA for Ubuntu as the version in the official repos may not have been updated yet.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux

I think you can only output from one audio device at a time but I believe there may be an audio switcher add-on in the Kodi repos that makes it easy.

TBS cards used to have GREAT linux support but this one seems to have switched PCIe bus interfaces and there are no open source drivers for it. These instructions should help you get the official TBS drivers working:

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TBS6205
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
The kodibuntu iso currently comes with v14 of kodi. Once you've installed it all you need to do a manual upgrade to v15 by using the following commands in a terminal session

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
And that all won't work. The Kodibuntu (wiki) Wiki mentions that Kodibuntu is shipped with Kodi14 and to get Kodi 15.x on your HTPC, you have to do

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y

instead of the normal update as additional packages need to be installed. So there's no PPA to add.

Dual audio out is not possible this way. Especially not if one is passthrough (HDMI) and one is analoge.

But I can't help with DVB cards. Sorry
@p-groves:

It was a bit late yesterday.

So to be clear for the installation progress....

- Download the ISO for Kodibuntu 14 and install it
- get a Terminal:
- either switch to the desktop environment like explained here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Kodibuntu#Desktop_mode and open the terminal, or
- SSH (wiki) in
- enter the following:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
and after that was done successfully:
Code:
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y

after this all is done fine, you should have a nice and clean install of Kodibuntu on your hardware.

For the sound...

I would avoid to use the TV speakers. If your amp hasn´t HDMI plugs, I guess it has some S/PDIF or TosLINK plugs, right? If yes, then use those while using Kodi. If you don´t want to use your amp for everything, you can easily switch the audio outs via the system settings. It will work on the fly by just a few settings. So there´s really no need for simultaneously audio out (which is not possible AFAIK).

If this is all to cryptic you could use OpenELEC.

To recommend a version of OpenELEC, we need a bit more information on what hardware you want to install. The graphics part is most important.
Also your tuner won't show up in kodi. You need a pvr backend. PVR (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTPC0