Point Sub Menu buttons to Smart Playlist
As a noob I would be grateful if anyone could help me with customising the confluence main menu?

I wanted to separate out my movies from the kids movies and have actually maanged to achieve it - which I am pleased about!

I created 2 smart playlists - one for kids films and one for grown up films
I have created a new menu button "Kids Movies" on the main menu which allows them to go straight to their films
I have pointed the main "Movies" button to the smart playlist for my movies, so it only shows the grown up films

(This took a lot of time to work out but, so far so good!)

But - what I would like to do now (if possible) is to also get the sub menu movie buttons (year, genre,actor etc) pointing to only my movies playlist, so as to avoid including all the kids films as well.

I understand that I need to edit the IncludeHomeMenuItems.xml and have tried this as below for the genre category:

<control type="button" id="90165">
<include>ButtonHomeSubCommonValues</include>
<label>135</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,special://profile/playlists/video/My Movies.xsp,MovieGenres,return)</onclick>

However - this doesn't work, it just takes me to the my movies folder and doesn't present the genres. This is also the same when I tried it with with the other options - year, actor etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
The easy way to do it is to switch to a confluence mod, and do it all in the gui.
CCM (Helix) or xconfluence (Isengard) are simple to set up to look like standard confluence (if that's what you want) but with customized menus.
Thanks - have tried this in both xConfluence and Aeon and while both offer the opportunity to customise the sub menu, I still end up with the same problem?

It appears that for any sub menu choices - the default path points to your entire video library, meaning you get all the films.

It looks like you can't apply the search filters of actor, year etc on the sub menu, to a smart playlist - it is either works for the entire library or not at all?

I'll glady be corrected if anyone knows better?!

Thanks
(2015-10-01, 23:37)Mickey2combs Wrote: <control type="button" id="90165">
<include>ButtonHomeSubCommonValues</include>
<label>135</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,special://profile/playlists/video/My Movies.xsp,MovieGenres,return)</onclick>

The ActivateWindow command won't accept 4 arguments as far as I know. This means that the "MovieGenres" command is ignored/not understood causing You to end up i the default view having all the movies mixed.
I You modify your command into:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,special://profile/playlists/video/My Movies.xsp,return)</onclick>
I think it would take you directly to your playlist (if the space character in the "my movies.xsp" isn't causing any problems)

Following the description I provided You with in this thread of today at 13.04: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2122854 Will give You a wokring submenu separating your kids movies from your own. It will not however solve your issue with the genre, year etc views.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Point Sub Menu buttons to Smart Playlist0