• 5(current)
Release Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support
@mrjd - for all intents that looks correct. However the following old thread seems to indicate an issue. I wasn't able to find a working example of executeddon.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=151216.

However, if you throw the addon on verbose logging, restart kodi, and try again the log file should show what the add-on is receive and see if I can suggest any alterations. I'm not currently home otherwise I'd try this myself.
(2015-11-05, 23:11)dumorim Wrote: it works in FFMPEG but not NJPEG

I would have put support for FFMPEG ?

I think FFMPEG is usually encoded in h264 therefore it won't work in the MJPEG url setting, as the addon will extract single frames from the Mjpeg stream to display.

Basically:
Video URL : h264/ffmpeg/mjpeg type
Mjpeg URL : mjpeg only
Snapshot URL : single image
(2015-11-07, 00:37)maikito26 Wrote: @mrjd - for all intents that looks correct. However the following old thread seems to indicate an issue. I wasn't able to find a working example of executeddon.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=151216.

However, if you throw the addon on verbose logging, restart kodi, and try again the log file should show what the add-on is receive and see if I can suggest any alterations. I'm not currently home otherwise I'd try this myself.

It does run and puts the camera overlay up, but also brings up the addon menu.

I actually did see that post when I was trying to debug it on my own. It sounds like the executeaddon method may always open addon menu prior to executing the addon....To bad there is no way to run XBMC.RunAddon from jsonrpc......

I tried to map it to <red> in the keymap file, and then shoot input.executeaction("red") and that also failed to work.......

I was going to try and play around with the script some. and see if putting a If video playing then fullscreenvideo + open overlay......and see if that will trick the executeaddon into working.. Or if theres a magic command to close any open menu

I am can code enough to be considered dangerous.......but not very astute............So if you want to code it the right way I'll test it out.............

Or I will mess with it a little and post whatever changes i can come up with.

Thx
So I have the same thing occurring. It 'works' but then we get some other Kodi error following it and this is giving us the menu view.

Code:
04:42:54 T:6728  NOTICE: plugin.video.surveillanceroom v1.0.7: DEBUG   : Handle: 6;  Params: {'action': 'show_preview', 'camera_number': '1'};  action: show_preview
04:42:54 T:2616   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.surveillanceroom/?action=show_preview&camera_number=1
04:42:54 T:2616   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.surveillanceroom/?action=show_preview&camera_number=1) failed

Let me see what I can find on this...
Thats interesting, I should have debugged it last night.

As a test i threw this at it last night.

else:
xbmc.executebuiltin('Action(FullScreen)')
monitor.set_script(camera_number)

It gets rid of menu and keeps overlay.....But figuring out that getdirectory thing maybe will keep it from opening all together.

Either way, it almost seems like a KODI issue. maybe we should open a ticket to keep menu from opening when using executeaddon. After seeing if the getdirectory is the culprit or not.

I am trying to link your addon to my zoneminder to trigger and change the active overlay on alert status from the server.....I made a mjpeg proxy so that "Camera 1" points to the same location, but the proxy changes the source on different camera alerts........So far my scripting works on linux side but, late last night anyway when switching monitors I was getting crashes............going to do some more testing today and maybe debug...

Special request! Do you think we could make a new function that can call an overlay with a mjpeg url that can be sent remotely......

ie.

curl -s --data-binary '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method":"Addons.ExecuteAddon","params":{"addonid":"plugin.video.surveillanceroom","params":{"action":"show_preview_custom","mjpeg_url":"http://192.168.0.1/cgi-bin/nph-zms?mode=jpeg&monitor=4"}}, "id":1}' -H 'content-type: application/json;' http://192.168.0.30/jsonrpc

Thanks for all your efforts!
I tried adding what you suggested to try however the else statement didn't seem to change the behavior for me. Probably best for us to open a ticket with the KODI team to help investigate this. I'm glad it's working for you however I have to use the method in the other forum post to get it to work for me.

Your zoneminder stuff sounds interesting. I've started paving the way with the code, I think, to do what you need. I just released v1.1.1 which overhauled the camera api side of things and I also collapsed the image update routine inside the preview window class. Now you can open a preview the window with a specific URL by calling it with the function start(url). However there's still a few dependencies (ie. uses an existing camera spot to collect settings from, preview is not enabled for that camera, doesn't close on its own either). I need to decouple a few more things I think to really make this feature work.

Additionally I think what you're requesting falls into something I've been thinking on how to implement. A way to add more than 4 cameras without running a million more threads. For the all camera view, if I could display 1/2/4/6 etc cameras on screen at once (configurable) but change the source on the fly it would be great. I now own 5 cameras so I want to be able to use them all now.

Ideally, would you want to configure the custom preview by using an existing camera setting, a new specific for custom preview camera setting, or to pass the required parameters by JSON? Are you opening a new window each time or are you wanting to change the source of an existing opened window?

*editted for grammar after having a nap. Dad life can be tough on the brain sometimes!
(2015-10-24, 23:14)djyoyo Wrote: Awesome app, thanks! It works great with my Foscam HD cam, but can't get it to work with my FI8910W Foscam. Is this camera supported? I'm guessing I should select the (future support) selection right? Thanks!

Foscam SD support was just released in 1.1.1. Want to give it a shot?

** NOTE ** I'm sorry if you have to update your settings when you update to this version. Had to make a slight scheme change so this could cause an error when it starts up using existing settings

Some Foscam SD features aren't supported yet. I've applied to Foscam for the full SDK to make sure I can implement some of the more advanced configuration of the camera stuff correctly as the available online documentation wasn't working out for that. It's expected sometime next week according to the latest email but we'll see. Final note on this is that the HD SDK is so much nicer than the SD...
(2015-11-08, 15:04)maikito26 Wrote:
(2015-10-24, 23:14)djyoyo Wrote: Awesome app, thanks! It works great with my Foscam HD cam, but can't get it to work with my FI8910W Foscam. Is this camera supported? I'm guessing I should select the (future support) selection right? Thanks!

Foscam SD support was just released in 1.1.1. Want to give it a shot?

** NOTE ** I'm sorry if you have to update your settings when you update to this version. Had to make a slight scheme change so this could cause an error when it starts up using existing settings

Some Foscam SD features aren't supported yet. I've applied to Foscam for the full SDK to make sure I can implement some of the more advanced configuration of the camera stuff correctly as the available online documentation wasn't working out for that. It's expected sometime next week according to the latest email but we'll see. Final note on this is that the HD SDK is so much nicer than the SD...

Awesome, yes it worked for both FI8910W cams. Thanks again for the awesome add-on!
Good question,

What I was thinking was to use existing or static for the time being just to test it. Although I have some foscam's I use zoneminder for motion detection and basically everything so all my streams are mjpeg.

Then eventually move to the point of using json to set the required parameters. Position, size, type....etc...

I use to work on this stuff all the time..........but.....you know how it goes. Baby, wife, work, sleep, repeat. =)
I definitely get the time constraints. Somehow I've been lucky enough on my overtime lately that there hasn't been much 'work' on weekend shifts.

I've been giving this a good thought for awhile. I've run a few different scenarios through my head but I think I have one that would be minimal effort. I'll probably package on up for you to try soon. Then I think I have a permanent solution which would require a bit more work that would enable the most flexibility.
Hey guys. Expect some fixes in a release this weekend. On one of my machines I've had some issues with Kodi not shutting down gracefully. Also found an issue with Mjpeg Interlaced previews.

@mrjd - I expect this to be able to call an external URL on the fly as well.
Can you upload a video of this in action? Im looking at adding a camera to my property.
@ stuCONNERS - YouTube link is here, let me know what you think. Took me awhile to figure out how to screen record so once it worked once I was done with it!
https://youtu.be/PFGaG7Jl138

@mrjd - v1.2.0 which I uploaded to my repo this morning (has 1 or 2 bugs related to playing full screen video from a preview exist which I only detected after) has quite a few changes to pave the way for 'virtual cameras and previews' (or so I'm calling them). You can now use any of the existing camera previews and change the URL used for its configuration. Just call it with 'action=show_custom_preview&camera_number=6&url=http://some.url'

Can you also send me a PM with the code changes you've made to prevent it opening the menu in case I didn't quite understand what/where to put the else statement?

Finally, everyone, I'm sorry if you've upgraded to 1.2.0 today and experiencing the slight bug (not affecting all my computers for some reason). This will be solved and a new version uploaded tomorrow. I only have from 4am-8am to work on this on weekends and that's probably how these mistakes happen. I'll be sure to drink the whole pot of coffee tomorrow!
Hi all, especially Maikito = thanks for a great addon!

Just wanted to say I bought two FI9821Ws specifically because this addon was available for Kodi, and its looking good so far, but just got a couple of teething troubles.

Laptop running Win7 and Kodi 15.2 works fine, but MXbox with Kodi 15.2 only occasionally shows alarm popups. Any ideas?

Thanks again!
Hello meekoblue! I'm glad you like it and I certainly would like to help you get the most out of this Add-on on your MXbox as well.

I think the best way to tackle this is change the add-on log level to debug and get me a copy of the log to review and I should be able to see what's going on. Also, compare your Preview settings individually by camera to make sure that at least the trigger interval setting isn't much larger on the MXbox compared to the Win 7 laptop.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support7