• 9(current)
Release Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support
Hello int13h! I am always happy to achieve a wife's approval. In my opinion this is the hardest thing to receive in this life.

For the SD model cameras, the detection settings need to be also set on the camera itself manually. This is because the add-on has not yet been updated to configure these by sending the required commands to the camera as it does for HD. You can blame me for this because admittedly updates on my end for newer features has slowed (stopped temporarily). I will pass this blame to the person who gifted me a Playstation after the last release and now my spare moments are being used up with this.

But not to worry, I do plan on having some new stuff added to the add-on shortly. I have a ton of new stuff started and I'm testing which just needs finishing. The SD Camera stuff above included, but for the time being it will need to be done manually. Please let me know if you need any additional assistance to configure the camera to enable the motion/sound detection settings.
Oh, right !
I thought your add-on would set this values.
No problem, I know how to set them manually, it's pretty easy. I'll do it tonight and let you know what happened.
Take your time to include that piece of code in the next upgrade, there is no rush now that I know about that limitation.

Meanwhile, enjoy your Playstation, you deserve some rest, Sir !
Nice job! I like your idea, but it does not work well for me yet Smile Tried your app with my 2 3mp Hikvision cameras. Basically, works as a complicated version of mounting the RTSP command to my remote (which I did). No second stream, no motion alarm.

Secondary streams are not visible as I entered RTSP. Motion needs SDK probably. My cameras have primary h264 and secondary mJPEG.

You said you would be interested in adding support for another brand, Hikision is the largest surv. cam manufacturer, I have SDK, it can be found on their site, and I volonteer as a beta tester. I am a computer expert by profession, but have cameras for 2 days only.

Just registered to forum, can not send PM to you, probably some validation period.

i have 2 different cameras, one with mic, both series 2 which is their most often used series. In the mail is one small p2p home HD camera.

PM me if interested.
Hey pila! I had a look through the SDK and the hikvision cameras might not be possible with the add-on. This is because there doesn't seem to be an HTTP interface. All of the calls seem to be lower level calls which aren't friendly to Kodi add-on standards (no pre-compiled code). Unless I'm not finding the info I need within the SDK I might not be able to get this to work without SIGNIFICANT coding changes. Are you aware if there is an HTTP interface to check/set status and settings for the Hikvision cameras?

However, I'd still expect h264 and mjpeg streams to work under the generic settings. You might be able to configure the motion events with the camera software/event ghost to call the add-on motion events though. It's not native but should be just as effective.
Hi maikito26,

I can normally configure them over http but it would not confiugre from Firefox but works wll from some old IE, 8 or 9, something that left burried on my notebook.

I simply type IP of the camera, log on and can view live and recordings plus configure all.

I will try out and investigate, as I said, I have them for 2 days. My server (NAS) is recording but all other functions are badly done. For replaying I must use RP2 and Live view is at the best directly from RP2 to my TV via RTSP mounted on a remote key.
Great! Let me know what you find out. Just to clarify, the web management GUI is different then HTTP RPC commands. Basically, I need way to talk back and forth using HTTP/XML responses not using a GUI.
Hi,

Small update : I activated motion detection through foscam’s admin GUI, and now it’s working : PiP appears and disappears automatically.
Great !
Bad news is… I discovered that my camera model is actually a very old one : FI8908W.
No setting about sound detection in my up-to-date and not-supported-anymore firmware (2.14.XX).

I have an android app called TinyCamMonitor which does support sound detection with my camera, but I guess it analyzes sound in real-time and doesn’t rely on a boolean value returned by device status.

Anyway, at least it works. I can’t complain, or I should buy a new camera.

Have a nice day !
(2016-01-04, 13:38)maikito26 Wrote: Hope everyone had a great holiday. Back at it now.
-snip-
@trint - I'm glad you're able to enjoy this add-on. I can only personally recommend the cameras I have which are the F19804P/W, F19805P/W, and F19831W types. I am willing to make any Foscam camera work if its not functioning as expected though. Good luck in your searches!

Holidays were decent, thanks again Smile

I just received an order of 3 foscam fi9831p's, switched from ispy to blue iris for the security software as ispy was having some issues with them. Your plugin picked them up after a couple of camera restarts, so all is great. I figure I will replace the existing 2 cameras with the new ones, keep the sd cams as wide angle yard cams, and I believe I still have some offbrand 720p cameras somewhere that (according to blue iris) are 891X compatible. may use those to cover the alleyways, unsure. either way... just wanted to say thanks, the night mode on the 31's is quite a bit better than on my other cams
Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know that maikito26 went above and beyond in helping me to get his setup on my system! he was very helpfully and enlightening even after we discovered that I was using the wrong ip address (totally my fault) !!

thanks again for your assistance in not only making this great addon but helping me to set it up !
(2016-01-10, 06:16)dinvisible1 Wrote: Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know that maikito26 went above and beyond in helping me to get his setup on my system! he was very helpfully and enlightening even after we discovered that I was using the wrong ip address (totally my fault) !!

thanks again for your assistance in not only making this great addon but helping me to set it up !

I had a similar experience. maikito26 is a great hands-on developer! Kudos to him for all his hard work.
(2016-01-05, 21:01)maikito26 Wrote: Great! Let me know what you find out. Just to clarify, the web management GUI is different then HTTP RPC commands. Basically, I need way to talk back and forth using HTTP/XML responses not using a GUI.

Would a file HIK_IPMD_V2.0_201312.pdf fit the bill? Yust google it and download. This seems to be current version
(2016-01-11, 01:13)pila Wrote: Would a file HIK_IPMD_V2.0_201312.pdf fit the bill? Yust google it and download. This seems to be current version

This looks like a document I would need. I'll start piecing it together tonight once the kiddies are in bed. When will you have some cameras for testing?
(2016-01-12, 13:00)maikito26 Wrote: This looks like a document I would need. ... When will you have some cameras for testing?

I have them allready working in a room but working Smile So, I am test ready.

You probalby need to setup:
/Event/notification/alertStream

to show a single snap, I can:
http://usr:pwd@ip:80/Streaming/channels/1/picture
or
http://ip:80/Streaming/channels/1/picture

to show a stream:
rtsp://usr:pwd@ip:554/Streaming/Channels/1
or
rtsp://ip:554/Streaming/Channels/1

Changing a channel number 1 and 2 gets me primary (fullHD) or secondary stream (SD). This can be used to show small stream 2 in a popup (PIP or small scren or 4 pics at once) and switch to stream 1 for full screen viewing automatically.

Hmm, apparantly, there is no smiley tapping his left foot inpatiently, so imagine one inserted here, please Smile)
Hi, this looks like a great addon. How should I connect 2 DLink cams?
First one is a DCS-932L, second one a DCS-932B.

I tried using the generic cam but no success.

Thanks in advance!
Is there a list of working cameras? I've seen a pair of 720p cameras that look like they work but unsure as to if they'll work.

This is what I was looking at,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tenvis-Wireles...1896496077
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support7